Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok soooo this might be tmi but i need help! I had my band surg monday and all went smooth came home that night and till last night hadnt had a bowel movement. WELL all that changed. i started with violent gas and diarrhea last night and it is still going on. You would think i was blowing the porclien up! It is very painfull and you can hear my guts rumbling 10 feet away! I have been using gas strips but havent helped this prob. any advise???????

:confused: i am a hairdresser and a massage therapist and today was my first day back. well needless to say i RAN to the bathroom 2 times for 10 min each during one haircut and i just pray no one was walking by the door, i could have been heard a lonnnnnnnnng ways away!:cursing:

LOL....sorry to laugh, but I am just picturing you running to the bathroom. I had my surgery Monday also and was fine til yesterday also. I had a little diarrhea yesterday, but nothing like what you are having. I took some Gas-X and haven't had any other problems. My stomach rumbles a lot, but that is about it. Have you called your dr? Hope you get better.

LOL....sorry to laugh, but I am just picturing you running to the bathroom. I had my surgery Monday also and was fine til yesterday also. I had a little diarrhea yesterday, but nothing like what you are having. I took some Gas-X and haven't had any other problems. My stomach rumbles a lot, but that is about it. Have you called your dr? Hope you get better.

yeah i called and his nurse said he was on call all weekend and if its still going on tom they will page him. I have to go to a baby shower tom and was worried about all the junk food. i guess atleast i have something better to worry about lol. How have you done since monday? what all have you tried to eat? if you wanna chat on yahoo let me know love to talk to someone else going step by step with

Hello...I had my surgery on Tuesday and am also having lots of gas as of day three. I have not had a BM as of yet and am wondering if I ever will. I think its a good idea to contact your doc tomorrow if the diarreha continues as you don't want to get dehydrated. I would love to talk to others going threw the process.

Hey! I had my surgery in April and this happened to me too! It went away in a couple days though.

yeah i called and his nurse said he was on call all weekend and if its still going on tom they will page him. I have to go to a baby shower tom and was worried about all the junk food. i guess atleast i have something better to worry about lol. How have you done since monday? what all have you tried to eat? if you wanna chat on yahoo let me know love to talk to someone else going step by step with

Yeah, would like to chat with ya on yahoo. my yahoo id is scottishlassywsp. The first couple of days was broth and Water. Thursday I did mashed potatoes with broth....mixed to make them soupy....yummy and Protein Shakes. THen tonight I am eating this refried bean mixture...I think I saw it on this website somewhere....mixed with mashed potatoes. I know I probably won't be able to eat the potatoes long, but I need something more than liquid. Ya know?? Hope you start to feel better.

. I am almost 3 weeks out and I have had the gas and diarreah. Remember your body has been through a lot with new parts in it and all that gas,medication and tramua from surgery and now trying to heal.So give it a chance to heal. But do not heistate to talk to your Dr. He will help you out during this time and needs to know. Good luck.

i was banded on monday as well!! I have been up and goin ever since. i have been to the movies, beach,.. all over DC, MD.

My gas as been CRAZY it hurst soo bad. So i try not to take in too much air, i dont use a straw and i try to sip not gulp,

i'm sill on a clear liquid diet so i dont know if that is why i have had no diarrhea. one thing i know for sure tho, is that u have to take it slow with introducing foods

my surgery was monday the 13th also...and today was the first day i had a bowel movement... i had 2 and they were both loose. i am on a full liquid diet...so it does include creamy Soups and Protein shakes already (was not required to do all clear liquids) but not mushie food yet. perhaps since you are having a slightly thicker diet (Beans, mashed potatoes) than liquids in your first week, that you are experiencing more dirrahea.

i do hope you feel better soon!

Could be the stomach flu too. This same thing happened to me on Tuesday & Wednesday of this past week. It was so bad it scared me, lol. I called my Dr office & talked to the nurse & she asked me a bunch of questions & concluded mine was stomach flu. Plus she said its been going around lately. I was so happy to hear that. Would rather it be stomach flu then something wrong with the band.

I was told that it could be up to 3 weeks with gas that you are trying to get rid of from surgery.Also I was told never to drink from a straw. Hope this helps. Hope you are feeling better.

Keep in mind if you were given antibiotics to prevent post surgery infection, it is more than likely the antibiotics causing the diarrhea.

I' sorry to hear about your poor digestive track. But....If you are drinking a Protein Drink that is not soy or whey based that may be your problem. I had surgery in December of 08 and I still cannot tolerate those Protein Drinks. They give you the "bullet" in the hospital and boy that just set up some bad nights. The Doc told me to first try to dilute the "bullet" and if you still have a problem then switch to soy or whey Protein based drinks and that did it for me. Good Luck and don't give up.

Ok soooo this might be tmi but i need help! I had my band surg monday and all went smooth came home that night and till last night hadnt had a bowel movement. WELL all that changed. i started with violent gas and diarrhea last night and it is still going on. You would think i was blowing the porclien up! It is very painfull and you can hear my guts rumbling 10 feet away! I have been using gas strips but havent helped this prob. any advise???????

:rolleyes: i am a hairdresser and a massage therapist and today was my first day back. well needless to say i RAN to the bathroom 2 times for 10 min each during one haircut and i just pray no one was walking by the door, i could have been heard a lonnnnnnnnng ways away!:smile:

It's pretty common , especially in the early liquid stage, but it goes away. Hang in there:wink2:

i was banded on the 13th and i still have not had a movement yet. Tons of gas but thats it. the other night it was so bad i took a gas-x ( i hope that was ok). i mad a big mistake today and,... had a mushie food, .. come cottage cheese. i just needed something so bad. i should have had another shake, ..