Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nasty Thing People Say

I happened to go into a GNC store yesterday to pick up some Stevia in packets. The guy working at the store asked if he could help. I asked him where the Stevia was in the store and he brought me over to the section. He then proceeded to ask me if I was using it for weight loss and then began to show me some meal-replacement powders they were offering for sale.

He was really pleasant about it, but after I checked out I couldn't help but think, geez, you wouldn't have said that if I weren't fat to begin with. I probably should have pointed out to him that his comment might rub some people the wrong way, but since I'm not the "in your face" type, I brushed it off. Still a little extra training might have helped this young man not put off customers by his comments.

Edited by emjay

I think some of the more casual rude remarks are hard to take as well such as "Have you lost any weight yet"

or "Is that thing even working" after losing 25 pounds and people can't notice , that is discouraging too! I can't imagine asking such a loser question to someone I knew was struggling with their weight and going on this journey...how unsupportive! One of the ladies was even fat herself! ughhhhh...but I think, we are just a nicer, more sensitive group of people and this is clearly not our issue to fix.

I seem to have the opposite issue at GNC, I wish they knew more about bariatric surgeries and Protein supplements etc...at least at the one I go to! I did ask the last time I went in there if there were a lot of bariatric patients coming in for the Protein Drinks and the girl said there were. I don't have a problem telling them that's why I'm there. Nancy

Ok so in all honesty unless the guy was waving his middle finger at you while he was talking he probably didn't mean to offend you. Infact he was probably trying to compliment you. No offense intended at all but why do so many people here get so offended over such harmless comments?

I'm inclined to agree with you. I think people say things without totally thinking them through. God knows I do, on occasion. I guess that I try to grant the same grace I hope others extend to me when I say something stupid.

Why bother getting offended about everything?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches