Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Too tight? Not keeping liquids down...

I have been banded almost 3 months, had another fill yesterday taking me to 5ccs. I have been on liquids since but I have trouble keeping anything down, including Water. From getting sick I have a nasty headache and cut Tylenol in quarters, but that came up along with the water, so I crushed some. I called the Dr office this AM and the receptionist told me to stay on liquids for an other day and see how it goes, and if I am still having trouble to call again the following morning. I guess my question is, is the band too tight? or is this normal "restriction" that will lessen in a day or so? Also I have this gurgling that will just not go away, it is driving me crazy, and starting to become painful. ANY info/advice would be welcomed.:)

Edited by redhead722

I have been banded almost 3 months, had another fill yesterday taking me to 5ccs. I have been on liquids since but I have trouble keeping anything down, including Water. From getting sick I have a nasty headache and cut Tylenol in quarters, but that came up along with the Water, so I crushed some. I called the Dr office this AM and the receptionist told me to stay on liquids for an other day and see how it goes, and if I am still having trouble to call again the following morning. I guess my question is, is the band too tight? or is this normal "restriction" that will lessen in a day or so? Also I have this gurgling that will just not go away, it is driving me crazy, and starting to become painful. ANY info/advice would be welcomed.:)

I dont know that feeling since i havent had fills yet--but to me it SOUNDS like your restriction is too tight---from what i've read here..sounds like you need an unfill. You dont want to go through the weekend like that--i'd call again tomorrow so that maybe they cAN do something before the weekend.

It sounds to me like your stomach is still in spasms from the fill and that is probably what the gurgling is about. You may be too tight and need some fill taken out.

It sounds like you are too tight. It is amazing how just a little unfill can help.

Hi, this has happened to me twice. Yes you are too tight!. see your doctor immeidately. Just a little unfill not to much, and the pain and your symptons will go away.

Wow, I would definitely be calling my doctor and requesting his/her advice and not the nurse's. My doctor had me wait around an hour after my fill sipping on juice. He did this because I live over 100 miles from him and he did not want me having problems. You will become dehydrated and be visiting the emergency room if you do not get this handled.

All dr's are different- but at my last appointment my dr. said that if I am having trouble that I should not try and wait it out as things would not get better. She said I should come back in if this should happen. She also said that I should never have trouble with liquids. I would call again and review it with them again- be cautious of the weekend approaching as previously noted. Don't want to me with the possibility of dehydration. Good luck to you and don't even have a second thought about being a bother to your dr's office. If it doesn't feel right to you then advocate for yourself.

Thank you so much to all that replied to my post. I did call the doctor this morning and the receptionist was a little hesitant about me coming in, the doctor is in surgery Thursday and Fridays, but I pushed and she called him in the OR and he said for me to meet him in the office and he would come in between surgeries. (His office is across the street from the hospital) I was prepared to wait a few hours but I was there less than 3 minutes, he removed 1cc and had me drink Water, which went down no problems and no gurgling. He suggested that I stay on liquids another day and see him in 6 weeks. I had some Soup for lunch and I was very happy! No pain and no getting sick. You guys are great! I appreciate this board so much!

That's great! when this first happened to me I had no clue and started to panic! Thanks to this website I found others had experience the same symptons and I understood what was going on with your band being to tight. Now, I only get fills about every 8-10 weeks usually about 1- 1.5 ccs at a time since I can not take too much Fluid. I'm glad your feeling alot better. I'm down from a size 16-9 and 44lbs down and 25lbs to go since being banded in Nov. Good Luck!

Thank you so much to all that replied to my post. I did call the doctor this morning and the receptionist was a little hesitant about me coming in, the doctor is in surgery Thursday and Fridays, but I pushed and she called him in the OR and he said for me to meet him in the office and he would come in between surgeries. (His office is across the street from the hospital) I was prepared to wait a few hours but I was there less than 3 minutes, he removed 1cc and had me drink Water, which went down no problems and no gurgling. He suggested that I stay on liquids another day and see him in 6 weeks. I had some Soup for lunch and I was very happy! No pain and no getting sick. You guys are great! I appreciate this board so much!

Very good! Glad you persisted..you definately didnt need a weekend of pain!