Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I heard from my surgeons office yesterday that my surgery is covered at 80% and I have no Dr Supervised weight loss. So whats holding me back?? The $1000 deductible. I have two small kids and dont have that lying around. Surgery is so close. I will be making my first appt at the surgeons office as soon as I have the $200 "program" fee. I feel hopeful and sad at the same time. :wub:

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the news you were hoping for. Money is tight for many of us. In fact, my insurance doesn't pay for ANYTHING so I'll be spending $15,000 of my own money (that I don't have). My plan is to put $500 away per month in savings and finance the rest.

Maybe you can put $100 - $200 away each month or paycheck? Cut back on spending certain things and put the money towards your surgery? I'm sure you'll find it really rewarding in the end :wub:

Good luck!

with it only being that percentage of your total bill...perhaps your surgeon will take payments for the thousand bucks...you might be surprised.

I know I shouldnt be complaining when so many of you wonderful people have to pay it all. The surgeon takes payments for the remaining balance but the deductible has to be paid up front before surgery. I will be making my appt tomorrow for my first visit. Knowing it is covered at 80% was wonderful news I just forgot all about the $1000. I am going to try and borrow it from my mom. I just need to know I am not alone in money problems. I just called my manager and will be taking on double my hours for a few weeks. That will help.

Lots of times if you look at your bank statement and highlighted any purchases like fast food, coffee stops, or movies/entertainment you would be surprised that you may have already had the $1000.00. If it was me I would not eat out, go anywhere, and shut my cable off just to get that money. Its a small sacrafice but in the long run worth it. Good Luck I am sure it will all work out!

i hope my reply did not come off like me telling you that you shouldnt complain bc some have to pay more than you. i just meant that its remarkable how many of us are going through financial hardships yet are finding ways to make this work. and you can, too!

Oh no, no ones comments upset me. We dont even have cable and I have to have internet for work ( its how I put in my hours). I havent had "eat out" food in 3 weeks. I have been saving for the program fee. As far entertainment goes, we take the kids to the beach once a week. It cost about $20 in gas. I even sold all the tvs in the house but the one in the living room. We are a low income family as is. There isnt much more we can cut.

Well I'm in the same situation I have a 4 yr old and a 1yr old and I'm a stay at home mom, And I was informed that I have to pay $4,000 which of course we don't have. But I do have several low interest cc without balances that I told my husband if I have to put it on a card then I will. We don't believe in having cc debt but I feel that I do alot for my family and I deserve to give myself a chance to live a healthy life. So my husband owns a fairly new motorcycle that he bought cash 2 yrs ago so he decided to sell it for $4,000 to pay for my surgery. We live on a very small budget and this is the only solution.

The Lapband website offers links for financing. Lapband is the only site I have found like this. Check this out.

If I were you I would start gathering all the toys/clothes/items in your house you dont' need and start selling them on eBay, Craigslist, etc. I've made more than $1000's over time on items I no longer wanted. Its amazing how much people will pay for your old stuff!!

Good luck... you will find the money, somehow, someway!

I also am paying or should I say charging my new life! I feel guilty doing this in such difficult times but I figure its now or never.The money I will save from not going out to lunch and dinner will be worth it!! (I hope)