Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello... Newbie and Frustrated

Hi my name is Stacy and I was banded 1 year ago by Dr Ortiz.. The banding experience was wonderful they were all excellent the only problem I guess has been once you get banded you are on your own no support so that is where I am frustrated now.I have a 10 CC band and am 6 CC filled and i can still eat almost like before I dont eat bread or drink soda.And i know I am really naughty for drinking with a meal so because of that I am sure I have not had the weight loss one would hope to have at this point.Its a hard habit to break.I have only lost 30 lbs in a years time.In that time we have moved across country,new jobs, getting kids settled ,remodeling our house ect I put myself last and didnt spend the money on a fill.I have an appt next month for one and am a lil scared the last one hurt..HURT due to scar tissue so I am trying to get things back in order starting with myself and just looking for some support so I dont feel like a total failure.Those of you who have a 10CC band how full is your band till you noticed your weight really dropping and what does it feel like when you are full??

Thanks

Stacy:blink:

Hi Stacy,

I had my band done in Mexicali Mexico in April. I too have a 10cc band but it is my understanding that my band will only old 4cc of saline. I currently have 2.28 cc filled. I have felt full a couple of times and it is very uncomfortable and you run the risk of stretching your pouch. You should only eat until you are satisfied not full. For most 1 cup to 1 1/2 cups of food is all you should eat. If you continue drinking with your meals you will eat more. The point of not drinking is so your food will sit in your pouch and make you feel satisfied. If you drink with food it washes the food down to your lower stomach where you wont feel satisfied. It is hard to get used to not drinking but it is necessary. There is very little I can actually eat at this point without PBing so I try to stick with what I know to be safe for me. I am totally unable to eat meat since my last fill last week. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

weight.png

Banded 4/17/09

First fill 5/30/09 1.6 cc

Second fill 7/10/09 .6 cc

Funky, ask them to give you a lidocaine shot first to numb it That will sting just a little but you absolutely won't feel the fill itself.

Donna, why would a 10cc band hold only 4cc? The old Lap Band band held 4ccs but the new LapBand AP 10cc version will take 10cc if that's what it takes. Are you sure they didn't give you the old platform band that's only 4ccs?

Donna, why would a 10cc band hold only 4cc? The old Lap Band band held 4ccs but the new LapBand AP 10cc version will take 10cc if that's what it takes. Are you sure they didn't give you the old platform band that's only 4ccs?

if not mistaken - there is an older 10cm band that will only hold 4cc's of saline.....it's not the same as newer AP 10cc version.

funky - i'm at 7.2ccs maintaining & was up to 8.5ccs during weightloss.

Funky, ask them to give you a lidocaine shot first to numb it That will sting just a little but you absolutely won't feel the fill itself.

Parrothead,

I'm looking at my surgical paperwork at this very moment and it says I have a 10.0 cm (INAMED) maximum fill is 4.0cc

After 2 fills I have a great deal of restriction.

if not mistaken - there is an older 10cm band that will only hold 4cc's of saline.....it's not the same as newer AP 10cc version.

funky - i'm at 7.2ccs maintaining & was up to 8.5ccs during weightloss.

I agree with Lulac. I have a 10cm band that holds 4cc's of saline. It can get confusing!

Hi,

I had the lapbad done 3 months ago and wondering the same thing. When do you feel full? I've had two fills--each 2cc. At this time, I still can eat everything I did before sugery. Just hoping to get the full feeling? How many fills does it take--is there a normal limit or what is the limit?

eden72