Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 21st One more Week

Guest freedom2009

Guest freedom2009

It's hard to believe that it's finally only a week away. My 1st week on the lowfat diet has gone well so far. I've lost 11 pounds so far, not too bad of a start. Hope I can lose a few more this coming week. It's neat to see so many of us being banded in July, I can't wait to see how we all progress and make these big changes. This site is such an invaluable tool, so informative. I posted Sunday that I of all things gotten poison ivy or oak. So afraid it would cancel out my surgery next Tues. The creams I had been using wasn't doing anything, and someone posted epsom salt, and I was able to sleep all night. I did go to my Doc today and he didn't want to give me a shot since I was having surgery, so he gave me a strong ointment which should clear it up in time. Well, one day at a time..:thumbdown:

Awesome! I'm at less than a week now, I'm the 20th! I'm super excited and a smidge nervous now. Doubt I'll sleep well Sunday night, in a hotel room too. Driving clear across AR to have it done, and don't fancy being up at 4am for a drive only to have it done, then drive 3 hours back the same day so we're going over on Sunday, finding the hospital, and relaxing before the big day!

I've been on the diet since the 1st and haven't weighed in about a week and a half. I refuse. LOL I hope your poison ivy gets all cleared up and good luck!

Guest freedom2009

Thanks, and good luck to you. Be sure and keep us posted as to how you are doing.

My date is July 21st TOMMOROW !!!!!!!!

I'm getting a little nervous, but I"m very exited. The ten days of liquids has been tough. Everyone grilling and drinking, but I know its all worth it!

Good luck to all

Good luck to you, too! I hope all goes well. Let us know.Go Mass women!! :smile:

Hey All!

I just got home yesterday. I'm feeling really good. Not much gas pain, just sore in area where port is.

I had 1/4 cup cream of wheat this morning and it went down well. I hope everyone else is doing well too.

Should not have weighed myself when I got home, gained 8 pounds!!! I'm sure it must be what they fill you up with because I had'nt eaten anything

Don't worry about the gain. I did the very same. I was banded the 21st and next day came home and immediately weighed........I gained 8 pounds, but today it was back down. It's hard to believe our day has come and gone and we are finally on our journey. Best wishes

Hey Everyone!Glad you're doing well. I had my surgery yesterday and got home today. Doing well-pain meds are helping. No probs with gas really and everything's going down fine. Even had a banana and piece of toast, which I know I shouldn't have, but am getting sick of Jello, popsicles, and shakes, which I'm supposed to do for another 6 days, already! Nothing's gotten stuck so far. And am able to drink without sipping. will have fill in 6 wks. I've gained a few lbs, too, but am very bloated. Keep on keeping on!