Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What kind of vitamins do you take?

I've been taking Centrum chewables and i'm not too crazy about the taste. What do you take?

Banded on 6/16/2009

First Fill Scheduled for 7/22/09 (... and nervous):thumbdown:

Well my doc has a nutrition lady that works with him and she gave us some samples and I have found this one called fusion which was created by bariatric patients and docs for those of us who need to be able to chew and not swallow a pill. You can ck the products out on Bariatric Fusion | Home they have several different supplies there. However before you spend any money on any of these things you should ask the nutruiton person working with your doctor if they can get you some samples. I tried several before I decided on these because they actually have the B12, Calcium etc. And I am not about taking more things then I need to if you know what I mean. Again ask your doc or the nurtrition person who is working with the doc closely so that you are ensured success. Good luck in your choice. The mixed berry is best!

M

I am taking Childrens chewables, with Iron. Right now the Walmart brand. They taste good, and you only need one. Some of the brands you need two.

What is cool is that they are way cheaper than adult chewables. You can compare the labels too, to see the nutritional values yourself..

I take 2 Flintstone gummie vits. They are not bad.

I take 2 children's chewables.< /p>

I used to take the Viactive, but there are some serious calories in those - especially if you're taking the Calcium supplement too. They are tasty, but not worth the calories to me.

A friend of mine is a pharmacist and ordered me some liquid vitamins from Pure Encapsulations, which has really good products. They have a liquid Multi-Vitamin, liquid fish oil, and Vitamin D. I will add them to my Protein Shakes. I plan on adding others too.. either grinding/cutting them or finding chewables. In general I take a lot of vitamins/minerals.:thumbup:

One-A-Day makes an adult chewable Gummy sour that I've been taking. I also found a gummy omega-3 supplement. My surgeon also requires Calcium supplementation, so my mom found some that are like Viactive but are sugar-free.

My surgeon specifically says no Viactive products because they contain too much sugar. And they're something like 20 calories each.

Thanks everyone for your replys. I'm actually shocked to read all those who are taking childrens chewables. My nutritionist said not to take them that they didnt have what was needed for an adult. I was just hoping I could find something other than this Orange / Citrus flavor.

Thanks again!

:)

I am taking Childrens chewables, with Iron. Right now the Walmart brand. They taste good, and you only need one. Some of the brands you need two.

What is cool is that they are way cheaper than adult chewables. You can compare the labels too, to see the nutritional values yourself..

Me too. One of the brands suggested by my surgeon is available at Walmart. They're OneSource Active Kids Complete (has 100% daily for iron). A bottle of 250 was $8 I think. They take me back to the days of thinking Flintstones Vitamins were candy. :) They're sugary, but they get the job done.

Thanks everyone for your replys. I'm actually shocked to read all those who are taking childrens chewables. My nutritionist said not to take them that they didnt have what was needed for an adult. I was just hoping I could find something other than this Orange / Citrus flavor.

Thanks again!

:)

The ones I just posted have children and adult dosages on the label.

That's awesome! I'm going for my first fill next Wednesday - i'll have to ask them about what some of you are taking. Would love to not have to take Centrum... blech! :)