Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i was banded 14 days ago and i did the liquids for the first week but i go so tired and so hungry from all the liquids that i introduced soft foods early. i'm now able to eat anything. its very small portions but i'm able to eat. i have noticed that if i take one bite too much my back starts to hurt so i'm learning when to stop. is there anyone else that has started eating sooner than they should? what kind of problem will this cause me later down the road? im just afraid i've ruined things but i couldnt take drinking another liquid drink again. i wanted some texture in my mouth!!

thanks for helping,

elizabeth

Talk to your doctor ASAP. The post op diet is for healing, not weight loss. Your stomach has to move to digest regular food and that can cause a slip or pop the stitches out that they used to place the band. Progressing the diet too soon can cause problems now or they may not show up until a year from now, or they may not show up at all. Get with your surgeon definitely.

I started on soft foods a few days early because I just couldn't take the liquid phase any longer. I went to juice It Up and had a Protein smoothie. I enjoy making my own smoothies. Try adding a banana, a handfull of blueberries and vanilla whey protein to ice and blending. It is a nice low-calorie treat that wont hurt your band.

thanks for the info!! i did see my doctor today and told him what i was doing. i was scolded, in a good way. the nurse said pureed foods start tomorrow and should not have been started earlier. so i came home today and made a banana smoothie and i got really full from it and felt satisfied. i just got tired of drinking chicken broth and EAS shakes. i did lose 16lbs and 8 1/2 inches all over so that is great!!

Brokenhalf, it sounds like you are doing great. I think I just may make myself a banana smoothie for dinner again tonight. It sounds cool and refreshing. Since I just ate a few bites of trail mix and feel like it is stuck, I think I'll just stick to smoothies. It's funny just how quick food looses it's importance once you have restriction.

thanks donna, i'm still really full from my banana smoothie but it was so good. cold and refreshing. :thumbup:

thanks rutilglius. wow, your surgery was 6 days prior to mine and 20lbs lost. good job!! yeah my surgeon is being very strick on sticking to the liquid plan.