Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Kev,

I was banded by Dr Rubaut. Yes was banded at that hospital. I stayed at the Hampton Inns and I was so impressed with how smoothly they work with band patients. They seriously have it down to an art and the staff at the hotel has totally held my hand threw everything. I have a long flight as well as a three hour lay over in Mexico City. Ugh. Not looking forward to it AT ALL. But I really do miss my family and cant wait to get home. Its great that you didnt have any pain. My pain gets better everyday, as long as I can keep the nausia at bay.

Shout out: When I went to my preop apt I met another woman there getting banded by my Dr the same day as me and staying in my hotel. She had brought her 19 year old daughter along with her for support. Being the kind hearted woman from Oaklahoma she is, she befriended me and her and her daughter have kept me company and checked in on me the whole time Ive been here. Bless her heart! I havent been alone and she has truely earned my friendship. I am so thankful to have met her and had someone to go through this with. She also has the same pain issues and nausia issues as I do, so its been nice to talk eachother through it. I gave her the info to the lapbandtalk website because she doesnt have any bandster's support at home and I hope she comes here.

Wow I must have just missed you then lol

I had a lady and her Mom in the next room, so it was nice to talk english with someone as you walk up and down the same halls. R u still there? I was given a tip. If you go over to the Applebee's (just dont walk past the darn McDonalds!)just ask for someone who speaks english, ask for the chicken tortilla Soup, but just the brooth. Alot of people from the hotel order that, and it's a nice change from the shakes.< /p>

Make sure your awake when you fly over MC, it's so amazing!

Cheers!

Kevin, that must have been the same lady and her daughter Casey. Thats too bad we didnt get a chance to say hi to eachother. I feel good today. Happy to go home. I leave for the airport in less than two hours. I will be awake when I fly over MX City. My second flight leaves from there lol. So Ill see it up close.

I got back to my house at 1am last night. Immigration took forevverrrrr to get through. It was so nice to speak English!! Id been speaking my broken Spanglish Ive learned from a life in California the whole time I was in Mexico. Not many people in Monterrey spoke English. A few at the hotel and the Dr and that was bout it. All the other places Ive been in Mexico there were a lot of English speakers. But I had always been to really touristy parts, Cancune, Cabos, you get the drift.

So on my way home the girl who worked for the airline put me on the wrong plane. Im not even kidding you. I gave her my ticket at my gate, and she looked at it and put me in one of two lines (turns out it was the wrong one of the two). Then when I got on the plane I gave my stub to the airline attendant (who also looked right at it and didnt notice) to ask where my seat was, she looked at my ticket and told me where to sit. I got to that seat and someone was already there. I called the attendant over and she finally realized that I was on a plane to Cancun, and my ticket was to Mexico City! HA! Thank GOD someone had been sitting in that seat or else I would have sat down and not thought anything about it until I landed in Cancun! Even though Cancun usually sounds nice, I was really ready to come home to the good ol USofA. My plane was still bording and hadnt left yet. So alls well that ends well I guess.

Ok I wanted to close out this thread. My Mexico journey is over now that Im home again safe and sound and banded. Im now five days post op and things where signif better today. I felt great, had tons of energy, and the only thing left bothering me is a little port site pain. Nothing unbearable. I can even sleep on either of my sides at night now. Thanks for your support to everyone who read and posted here. Cheers!:thumbup:

I wanted to add my surgery story to this thread:

Day of Surgery:

I overslept and so I was rushing to get my bags packed and and check out of my hotel room. I was able to get the cab secured and checked out and I thought Id have enough time to get to the hospital. Well then the cab made a stop to get gas, and a stop to pick up another couple who were going somewhere next to the hospital so I wound up late. They made me fill out a few forms and took me to my room. I dropped off my bags and they took me to surgery floor. I got naked as a Jay-Bird and put on my cute gown (ha ha) with the open part at my backside. I was in a section of rooms made by hanging sheets. I had my own little room section. They started an IV and gave me a pill to 'relax'. I asked for my book and they went and got it out of my room for me, but by the time they brought it to me I had fallen asleep. My doc wakes me up two hours later and it was time for surgery. Because I had been late they did someone else before me. I called hubby to let him know I hadn't had mine yet and was just getting ready to go in. Doc told hubby he'd call him when it was over. They wheel me into a room and a anesthesia doc asks me what I want to dream about. I laugh and say Hawaii. He says, "How bout Hawaii in a bikini?" and so I say, "sure......" Then there is nothing. I wake up to my doc and anesthesia doc both calling my name loudly and firmly over and over. I am being lifted onto another table. I try to schootch myself and help them a bit, but I'm really out of it. They wheel me to a recovery room that has a glass wall looking to the nurses station. The nurses rarely come in because they can see me and the monitors from their station, plus they don't speak English so its not like they come in to talk to me. They only come in to give me Water and make sure its going down. I drift in and out, but I'm trying to stay awake because I want to go back to my room. I am surprised at the pain. I didn't think I would be in pain, but I am slowly noticing the pain a little more and a little more at a time as the drugs wear off. It was bearable, but more than I had expected. After I can make myself stay awake for a half hour strait they wheel me back to my room. Its been over two hours but feels so much shorter. My Dr assistant Dr Guzman comes in and talks to me. I don't remember much. I ask him to tell the nurses to bring me ice chips since I don't know how to ask them in Spanish. I cant remember what we talk about. I think he watches me drink water to make sure it goes down. Then I get dinner a few hours later consisting of chicken broth and watered down juice. It goes down fine. Then bring me a crushed up sleeping pill in water. Its gross, but it helps me fall asleep and not wake up until morning.