Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay... WTF exactly is GOOD restriction?!? I want to know!!!!

I ranted in my monthly thread. I have been dealing with this feeling far too long and I want to know... does anyone REALLY know what good restriction is? TELL ME!!!

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to post here simply because I want to announce that I'm sick and I'm tired. Sick/tired of being too tight. ...of not being able to eat a healthy Breakfast. ...of not being able to eat a healthy lunch or dinner. ...of not being able to eat. ...without having to force pinapple juice down my throat so I can get some food in my stomach without that piercing pain and glob of food forcing its way back up.

I have an appointment on July 31st to have Fluid unfilled in my band. I think I want ALOT taken out! I'm truly done with this feeling. I even think I'd rather NOT HAVE ENOUGH IN! I want to be able to eat what everyone else is eating. Just not alot of it. Yes, I want to have some eggs once in awhile. Yeah, throw in some pork chops. Um, and give me some of that rice too. (My dear rice you have been vilified too long by too many!) Thanks!

Here is what I think I should be able to eat for dinner. 3 oz. of any kind of meat (protein) that I want. I don't care if its fried chicken. How about a scoop of carbohydrate side, and a good helping of veggies. That is all I ever wanted. I don't want to have to take one hour just to eat that little bit (but I do). I'm sick of bingeing on crackers and craving ice cream afterward because I know in my mind that is all I can get in without that *PAiN* !!! I just want to feel *NORMAL* again!!!!!!!

I NEVER HAD A SUGAR ADDICTION BEFORE BANDING! My main fat contributor was chips and soda. Well, I don't even think about those monsters anymore. I never cared too much for cake, ice-cream, chocolate, etc before. Now it consumes me! I have to really exercise some strict will power to stay away from it. It upsets me so much!

I tend to wonder what really is good restriction? Is it to the point where all I can do is drink Protein shakes in the morning? Is it to the point where I can barely even eat meat without the gagging and sliming and get that retchid look on my face? To the point where my family is wondering as I'm clutching my chest if I'm having cardiac arrest?

I'm sorry, but when I decided to get the Lap-Band, it was to come to terms with food and grow a *healthy* relationship with it. This IS NOT HEALTHY! I think more about food now than I ever have before! I'm constantly wondering if the food is too over cooked. If I'm going to be satisfied after eating. To me satisfaction isn't just knowing I was able to get that food down *finally*. It's eating my food, without pain or reservation and ENJOYING IT!!! NOT If my band is going to "nut up" or will it let me enjoy one meal.

I'm so done with it.

Hang in there please! I am just curious , how has your weight loss been? At a good rate, or not so good bc you are craving all the junk?

I do feel that I am at my sweet spot. For me, I don't eat Breakfast regularly--just an iced coffee with skim milk and splenda. Then for lunch, usually greek yoghurt and maybe a piece of fruit. Then for dinner, I have a meat or chili, something high in Protein. Maybe some veggies if I can fit them in. And then I usually do have a snack like ice cream or candy, but a pretty small portion. I know its not the best diet in the world, but I feel good and the rate of weight loss is really good right now--so it's working for me.

How many ccs do you have in your band?

I am wondering the same thing! In the morning Im not hungry but I wasen't before the band so nothing new there! for lunch, I can eat whatever I want in normal portion, I normaly eat, 1/4 of fruit with yogourt and granola + a piece of cheese, and for diner then I can eat alot, to much if I want to but I watch my portion. I never have the feeling of feeling full, like the band is suppose to gave us! I PB once because I didn't chew a piece of carotte enough! I am I think around 7cc, I had a BMI of only 36 when I was band and Im a slow loser, actually I havent lost a pound in a few months, Im not happy with my result! I am also wondering what the hell is good restriction suppose to feel like???

Julie

Hugs GF you are to fricking tight !!!

For me - my sweet spot is being able to eat 4 oz of meat - 1/2 c of rice and 1/2 cup veggies for dinner and be physically full

I can eat a bowl of menudo for bf - I can have a 2 egg omelette for bf or chircoso (sp) & eggs or 1 cup of raisin bran - I can eat a sandwich for lunch (reg lite sandwich bread not a roll) I can eat 3/4 of an english muffin. I can eat a salad (2 cups i guess) with turkey avocado & onions..

I haven't tried a submarine sandwich - I don't think I could eat it too much bread - would fill up way too fast..

I went out to lunch the other day had an enchilada and 1/2 my taco and some chips and beans..

For me it's about eating healthy 98% of the time and treats 2% of the time and exercise..

For me it's about eating at least 1 cup of food per meal if not 1.5 cups... That's my sweet spot...

This is the problem with the band - it's really hard for some pple to find their sweet spot..

The only time I pb is when I eat too fast - don't chew or take a big bite - or occasionally one bite to many.

Get some taken out - I know one girl who's nurse believed in filling pple so tight that they could only eat 1/2 cup of food well hell you can't live your life only being able to eat 1/2 c of food for the rest of your life...

I am wondering the same thing! In the morning Im not hungry but I wasen't before the band so nothing new there! for lunch, I can eat whatever I want in normal portion, I normaly eat, 1/4 of fruit with yogourt and granola + a piece of cheese, and for diner then I can eat alot, to much if I want to but I watch my portion. I never have the feeling of feeling full, like the band is suppose to gave us! I PB once because I didn't chew a piece of carotte enough! I am I think around 7cc, I had a BMI of only 36 when I was band and Im a slow loser, actually I havent lost a pound in a few months, Im not happy with my result! I am also wondering what the hell is good restriction suppose to feel like???

Julie

Julie

I can tell you this - I will feel physically full after my dinner (see reply to Irene) but I still want to eat - being pouch full isn't the same feeling as thanksgiving full.. It takes time to get that thru our heads - for me my head hunger manifests it's self in to me thinking I am physically hungry - but when I really think about my stomach it's full.... But I want to eat cuz I like the taste !!!!

Julie

I can tell you this - I will feel physically full after my dinner (see reply to Irene) but I still want to eat - being pouch full isn't the same feeling as thanksgiving full.. It takes time to get that thru our heads - for me my head hunger manifests it's self in to me thinking I am physically hungry - but when I really think about my stomach it's full.... But I want to eat cuz I like the taste !!!!

Gawd. Ain't that the truth!

Gawd. Ain't that the truth!

Yep this is the hardest thing of all - learning the new and diff full feeling...

I completly agree with Indigogirl. I think I have reached my sweet spot at 5.5cc in a 10cc band. Ive been too tight before at 6cc and had 1 taken out. I had .5 put back in and now I can eat Cereal for Breakfast, 6 oz of Protein for lunch and a small dinner. I can eat regular stuff but not too much and not get stuck like before. I also totally agree about being band full but not head full. That is what we are learning with the band. To stop when you are full.

Good restriction would be evidenced by a couple of things.

You can eat comfortably as long as you follow the rules (small bites, chew well).

You should be full on 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food, focusing on getting in that 20 grams of Protein per meal.

You don't get hungry for at least 4 hours.

Until I wasn't getting hungry in less than 4 hours, my doctor was giving me fills and edging me closer. The last fill I had was just over 4 weeks ago and was .5 cc. I did not get a fill when I saw the doctor earlier this week. We agree that I am "there".

Indigo is right .... what you may think is "full" is actually too full.

Now, about the sweet stuff. I eat a small piece of birthday cake every month at work. I may occassionally eat a cookie. On the 4th of July I ate a small piece of Coca Cola Cake. Sweets are not high on my list but, yes, I enjoy these small treats. And with moderation, they are a part of a healthy lifestyle.

It sounds to me as if you are denying yourself reasonable foods and that would certainly make any of us miserable.

I don't know how much Fluid you have in your band and it wouldn't matter if I did! My sweet spot and your sweet spot are most likely not the same place.

I drink a RTD Protein shake for breakfast because it's convenient. And, I'm tighter in the mornings so I don't have to worry about taking a long time to get breakfast in if I'm drinking it.

I eat a simple lunch of about 350-400 calories and pretty much whatever I want for dinner. And I won't lie, that has included a piece of fried flounder a couple of times and sauteed chicken plenty of times. Rice simply doesn't work for all bandsters. I eat long grain wild rice without a problem, but seldom eat white rice. It works as sushi because I dip it in soy with wasabi so it's really wet rather than sticky. I eat scrambled eggs...but I always tell them if I'm ordering out to cook them "just barely done". They taste better, have a fluffier texture -- that's how I like 'em. That's how I cook them at home, too.

What precautions do I take? (1) I drink right up until it's time for my meal. (2) I take the time before I eat to cut my food up into bites the size of a nickel. (3) I take a bite, put down my fork, chew it about 20-25 times and swallow it. I take a nother bite and repeat the process. I don't get stuck unless I eat too fast. (4) I avoid dry meats. That means I cook them using methods that keep them moist. Avoid boneless skinless chicken breasts for the styrofoam that they are. Buy regular bone-in chicken breasts. Grill them with the skin on and just don't eat the skin. The bones and skin will flavor the chicken, will keep it moist while it cooks. Marinate meats -- there are lots of marinades on the market and plenty you can make at home. An endless variety of flavors...and moister Protein in the process.

Email me back channel at parr0thd51@aol.com and I will see if I can help with recipes and suggestions. You WILL get to that right spot.

One thing. I suggest when you go to the doctor than you have them take out 2-3ccs and THEN put you under the fluoroscope and have you drink while they fill you to the spot where you say you're feeling tighter. They should be able to see the restriction. Then stay in their lobby for 30 minutes, drinking Water.

But please email me. I'll be glad to help all that I can.

Hang in there please! I am just curious , how has your weight loss been? At a good rate, or not so good bc you are craving all the junk?

My loss was fantastic for the first 5 months. I lost nearly 70 Lbs. in that time, and I also reached over 100 Lbs. total lost. But now, and its been I guess 8 months time now (I've been banded nearly 18 months total) I have been gaining here and there. I know it's the sugar! :crying:

I do feel that I am at my sweet spot. For me, I don't eat breakfast regularly--just an iced coffee with skim milk and splenda. Then for lunch, usually greek yoghurt and maybe a piece of fruit. Then for dinner, I have a meat or chili, something high in Protein. Maybe some veggies if I can fit them in. And then I usually do have a snack like ice cream or candy, but a pretty small portion. I know its not the best diet in the world, but I feel good and the rate of weight loss is really good right now--so it's working for me.

You sound like you don't eat very much. This is how I would eat if I didn't force my solids down with fruit juices (which we aren't supposed to do it slides the food thru the band!) Ugh!! Its so frustrating. I like eating real solid food, in fact my Dr. tells his patients, if you can't eat a good solid meal - you are too tight... I just ignored him for a long time. Now I see he is right.

How many ccs do you have in your band?

I have about 7cc/10cc. I'm not exactly sure though because my Dr. wont tell me. I've just added it up by what he tells me he's putting in each time. However, it's not really what is important I guess. Learning curve: It's how you feel. You continue to learn I've found out as time goes on. That is something that I've been stubborn about too.

I am wondering the same thing! In the morning Im not hungry but I wasen't before the band so nothing new there!

I did like to eat breakfast before. It's the most important meal of the day... and I want to be able to eat breakfast again someday. It keeps me from bingeing throughout the rest of the day. I don't think about food all day long when I have a good breakfast... :crying:

for lunch, I can eat whatever I want in normal portion, I normaly eat, 1/4 of fruit with yogourt and granola + a piece of cheese, and for diner then I can eat alot, to much if I want to but I watch my portion. I never have the feeling of feeling full, like the band is suppose to gave us!

OMG this is so true. IDK, It sucks though. I guess each of us has our own little indicator on when we are truly full. However, I guess my only main concern is the band being full, not necessarily when we "feel full" after eating. I never get there because after an hour of trying my darnedest to eat a small portion of food I either give up, or, well, give up... LOL

I PB once because I didn't chew a piece of carotte enough! I am I think around 7cc, I had a BMI of only 36 when I was band and Im a slow loser, actually I havent lost a pound in a few months, Im not happy with my result! I am also wondering what the hell is good restriction suppose to feel like???

I do chew the crud out of my food! I know the reason isn't because I don't chew well. Sometimes I chew so much my jaw hurts, like when I have a piece of gum in my mouth too long...

Julie

Thanks Julie! I wish you success! We can do this - together. :)

Hugs GF you are to fricking tight !!!

Hi!!! Thanks for joining in my misery... :):crying:

For me - my sweet spot is being able to eat 4 oz of meat - 1/2 c of rice and 1/2 cup veggies for dinner and be physically full

I can eat a bowl of menudo for bf - I can have a 2 egg omelette for bf or chircoso (sp) & eggs or 1 cup of raisin bran - I can eat a sandwich for lunch (reg lite sandwich bread not a roll) I can eat 3/4 of an english muffin. I can eat a salad (2 cups i guess) with turkey avocado & onions..

I haven't tried a submarine sandwich - I don't think I could eat it too much bread - would fill up way too fast..

I went out to lunch the other day had an enchilada and 1/2 my taco and some chips and beans..

Thank you so much! Finally someone who eats normal portions! I can't believe, in fact, I won't believe I'm supposed to live on only a quarter cup of yogurt as a meal. No way. There isn't enough time in the day for me to try to figure out how I'm supposed to be fully nutrified (is this even a word? LOL!!) on this. Today I'm starting over though. I'm doing the 5 day pouch test fasting. I just need to START OVER (AGAIN). Anyway, now that I see that we can eat like normal with the lap-band, I'm feeling so much better!!

THANK YOU!!!! I know I can make this work. Thank you also for pointing out that you believe I am too tight. I'm not crazy after all! :eek:

For me it's about eating healthy 98% of the time and treats 2% of the time and exercise..

For me it's about eating at least 1 cup of food per meal if not 1.5 cups... That's my sweet spot...

Just wanted to point out the "at least". Man, I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong, or bad for actually WANTING to eat... ugh...

This is the problem with the band - it's really hard for some pple to find their sweet spot..

The only time I pb is when I eat too fast - don't chew or take a big bite - or occasionally one bite to many.

Get some taken out - I know one girl who's nurse believed in filling pple so tight that they could only eat 1/2 cup of food well hell you can't live your life only being able to eat 1/2 c of food for the rest of your life...

You're right and yes, I'm def. getting some taken out!!

Good restriction would be evidenced by a couple of things.

You can eat comfortably as long as you follow the rules (small bites, chew well).

You should be full on 1/2 to 3/4 cup of food, focusing on getting in that 20 grams of Protein per meal.

I do really want to be able to eat more than just .5 or .75 cups. I truly believe I should be able to eat more than this. In fact I remember a long time ago in seeing my nutritionist that she did tell me I was not eating enough. At that time I was determined to lose so much and fast I ignored it. How did I know it would catch up with me and cause me to crash and burn? Well, everyone's different - and if that works for you, of course don't change. But for me? I need to eat more than that.

You don't get hungry for at least 4 hours.

Until I wasn't getting hungry in less than 4 hours, my doctor was giving me fills and edging me closer. The last fill I had was just over 4 weeks ago and was .5 cc. I did not get a fill when I saw the doctor earlier this week. We agree that I am "there".

Indigo is right .... what you may think is "full" is actually too full.

Now, about the sweet stuff. I eat a small piece of birthday cake every month at work. I may occassionally eat a cookie. On the 4th of July I ate a small piece of Coca Cola Cake. Sweets are not high on my list but, yes, I enjoy these small treats. And with moderation, they are a part of a healthy lifestyle.

It sounds to me as if you are denying yourself reasonable foods and that would certainly make any of us miserable.

Unfortunately I am so addicted to sugar now the best thing for me to do is to discontinue consuming it. Maybe later down the line I will do this again, and I'm sure I will. But for now, all that is a no-no for me. At least until I get over this soft food syndrome thing I have.

I don't know how much Fluid you have in your band and it wouldn't matter if I did! My sweet spot and your sweet spot are most likely not the same place.

I drink a RTD protein shake for breakfast because it's convenient. And, I'm tighter in the mornings so I don't have to worry about taking a long time to get breakfast in if I'm drinking it.

See, for me this is a problem. I don't even want to be that tight. I want to be able to eat any meal of the day. As long as I'm getting good quality and right quantity - I should be satisfied until my next meal without constantly feeling deprived...

I eat a simple lunch of about 350-400 calories and pretty much whatever I want for dinner. And I won't lie, that has included a piece of fried flounder a couple of times and sauteed chicken plenty of times. Rice simply doesn't work for all bandsters. I eat long grain wild rice without a problem, but seldom eat white rice. It works as sushi because I dip it in soy with wasabi so it's really wet rather than sticky. I eat scrambled eggs...but I always tell them if I'm ordering out to cook them "just barely done". They taste better, have a fluffier texture -- that's how I like 'em. That's how I cook them at home, too.

What precautions do I take? (1) I drink right up until it's time for my meal. (2) I take the time before I eat to cut my food up into bites the size of a nickel. (3) I take a bite, put down my fork, chew it about 20-25 times and swallow it. I take a nother bite and repeat the process. I don't get stuck unless I eat too fast. (4) I avoid dry meats. That means I cook them using methods that keep them moist. Avoid boneless skinless chicken breasts for the styrofoam that they are. Buy regular bone-in chicken breasts. Grill them with the skin on and just don't eat the skin. The bones and skin will flavor the chicken, will keep it moist while it cooks. Marinate meats -- there are lots of marinades on the market and plenty you can make at home. An endless variety of flavors...and moister protein in the process.

Email me back channel at parr0thd51@aol.com and I will see if I can help with recipes and suggestions. You WILL get to that right spot.

One thing. I suggest when you go to the doctor than you have them take out 2-3ccs and THEN put you under the fluoroscope and have you drink while they fill you to the spot where you say you're feeling tighter. They should be able to see the restriction. Then stay in their lobby for 30 minutes, drinking Water.

My Dr. does not do flouro. He is very VERY conservative with his fills. I ended up with a total of 9 fills. He would always ask me where I am on the color coded chart. The problem with that was, I didn't know as an inexperienced bandster what that was even supposed to feel like. I think I know now, so I will get some removed until I get to the point where I can EAT ANYTHING ANYTIME... Just not alot of it.

But please email me. I'll be glad to help all that I can.

Thanks to everyone who replied. Its so much harder than I thought it would be. But I am DETERMINED to make this work. I didn't do this for nothing, I just want my band and myself to have a good relationship. I'm tired of resenting it! I want us to move forward and work this out together. :wub:

Thanks to everyone who replied. Its so much harder than I thought it would be. But I am DETERMINED to make this work. I didn't do this for nothing, I just want my band and myself to have a good relationship. I'm tired of resenting it! I want us to move forward and work this out together. :wub:

Sweetie

I don't care how tight you are sugar is going to slip right on thru :0).... I like my sweets too - the only time I really allow them is on vacation or going out of town on a weekend but at home - they are off limits - I only keep sf stuff in the house - Everynow and then at the checkout stand I will look at the reesepb cups and say - ok you can buy one but that's it - and this is only if I have been eating very healthy.. I could never ever again have a bag of them in the house - cuz the would be gone in one night !!!!!

Sugar well food in general is our drug of choice - and for some of us just a little will set is off on a binge - so like you said just don't start... I find this mostly true with sugar myself - so I eat my sf stuff or fruit and I gotta say for the most part I am very happy with that...

Do I feel deprived at times ya - I want to sit down with a bag of Cookies - a thingie of brownies - or a bag of candy and eat to my hearts content.. I could do it - I choose not to cuz I feel just to damn good right no in my life - I don't want to go back to where I was.

This is one of the reason I will have treats away from home but my home now is healthy food haven - cuz if I allowed to many treats at home - I would weigh 250 again even with the band..

My doc does blind fills to - and on lbt all you read about it fill fill fills - there are alot of pple who want to only eat 1/2 c of food - but imho that's diet mentally - and I am not dieting

I like you want to eat real food (meaning healthy) just not a lot of it.

I am lucky as my band had the same restriction morning noon and night - the only thing I can say is that stress will make me tight and some days I do seem looser than others but for the most I have good restriction - I would never want to be any tighter than I am..

Let us know how you do after having some taken out..

Hugs :)

diva - i define restriction by eating less & being satisfied for longer periods of time.....that by definition won't fix head hunger, something i luckily really never had.

like you - i could have cared less by sweets, i could eat my weight in chips & drink the queso.:wub: i just have to keep crap out of my house.

how much i eat REALLY depends on my activity & i do try to get 5 days in a wk at the gym...i have no desire to eat just .5c of food - especially after a spin class, i could chew someones arm off. well that would be the head talking, my stomach could only handle a few fingers.

i place no restriction on any food group - they all have their place - even my beloved chips/queso, but i have it once a month rather than once a day.

i think too much limitations drives one mad....

indio gave some great advice - you sound like a small unfill would be of benefit. hoping it all works out!!!

Janet, thank you again so much for talking with me and letting me see that what I desired was a good thing. It really made me decide to get my band loosened sooner. ^_^

Lulu, I hope that one day I can have a good relationship with chips. I really do miss them, but I think for now I want to go a good long time without them. Maybe a year or more even. I had to do that with soda, and now I can just take a few sips from time to time and be done with it. :crying:

Okay all, since I hate repeating myself, I'm just going to copy/paste what I wrote in my Victorious Valentines thread. I'm so happy!!

I'm here! I just usually myself don't post on weekends. This is what I do at work ;o)

Ezma, good deal on the weight loss! I'm taking some vacation time starting Wednesday thru next Tuesday. Maybe I can drop a few myself? However something tells me I won't because my only plans are to be a major bum. I'm not going to do anything but sleep and play on my computer. I have not ever done that unless I've had surgery or been sick. Now that's no fun! I wanna do it because that's just what I wanna do. LOL!!

Anyway, just a quickie update on me. I got in to see my Dr. about my band being to tight on Thursday afternoon. He was righteously upset with me. He made sure I was aware that he always tried to tell me not to get too tight. He asked how long I'd been like that... I told him since my last fill in February. Actually it had been a bit longer. I knew I didn't need my last fill as I was already a bit tight. I was just gaining (didn't realize I had soft food syndrome even then) and thought that would help. It made it much worse.

Oh well, I'm much better now! I can eat solid food without pain! I think he took out more than his last fill. I didn't ask how much, and really that doesn't even matter. What does matter is how I feel, and I feel GREAT!! I'm not thinking about food constantly. I can eat a normal portion in 20-30 minutes. It lasts in my pouch from 4-5 hours. I'm so stoked!! How can that be? From super tight to sweet spot in one stroke? LMAO! My Dr. is the best!

Another wonderful thing that is going on with me is my best friend growing up (we have been friends for almost 30 years now) has decided to get a lap-band. At first I would tell her maybe she doesn't really want one, but for the last few days I have been really pro-band! I even went with her to the Pre-Op patient seminar, and stayed for our support group meeting. OMG, I haven't been to one in almost 9 months I think. IDK, I even got up in front of everyone and spelled out my troubles, being too tight and gaining... but to tell them it's ok. You can always start over - as this is going to be a lifetime struggle.

Well I miss ya VV's. Post!!

Irene

lmao - only post from work - me too - well I do from home too but somedays I am on lbt more than I should be :smile:

I'm so happy that you got that unfill - I truly do feel that you have to eat..

When we 1st get banded all we read about is fills fills fills - how many cc's etc - We think we are suppose to be so tight to only eat 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food per meal - but that's not life and like we all know - we can eat around our bands and tend to when we can't eat real food.< /p>

This is the reason I preach day in and day out it's all about a lifestyle change - eating healthy - ya our bands provide restriction - it's a great tool but that's all it is.. We really have to get our heads in a new place - it's not about what we can't eat - but about what we need to eat to be healthy..

We can still have chips/queso every now and then - but a true portion size (10 to 14 chips & 3 tblspn queso) not the whole damn bag and 2 cups queso. I did this yesterday - oh ya I wanted more - and could have eaten more - but just said ok enough you had your treat.

You are at your sweet spot and there will be days that you are more hungrier than others - there will be days that it seems like you have lost restriction - then wham the next day you will feel it again. And there will be days that you wish you didn't have the darn thing in cuz you want to eat more but can't. (I wish I was like LuLu cuz head hunger is a big problem for me)

Just keep on eating healthy (no dieting) get some exercise and you will get to your goal...

Hugs & Love Janet

Irene

lmao - only post from work - me too - well I do from home too but somedays I am on lbt more than I should be :bored:

I'm so happy that you got that unfill - I truly do feel that you have to eat..

When we 1st get banded all we read about is fills fills fills - how many cc's etc - We think we are suppose to be so tight to only eat 1/3 to 1/2 cup of food per meal - but that's not life and like we all know - we can eat around our bands and tend to when we can't eat real food.< /p>

This is the reason I preach day in and day out it's all about a lifestyle change - eating healthy - ya our bands provide restriction - it's a great tool but that's all it is.. We really have to get our heads in a new place - it's not about what we can't eat - but about what we need to eat to be healthy..

We can still have chips/queso every now and then - but a true portion size (10 to 14 chips & 3 tblspn queso) not the whole damn bag and 2 cups queso. I did this yesterday - oh ya I wanted more - and could have eaten more - but just said ok enough you had your treat.

You are at your sweet spot and there will be days that you are more hungrier than others - there will be days that it seems like you have lost restriction - then wham the next day you will feel it again. And there will be days that you wish you didn't have the darn thing in cuz you want to eat more but can't. (I wish I was like LuLu cuz head hunger is a big problem for me)

Just keep on eating healthy (no dieting) get some exercise and you will get to your goal...

Hugs & Love Janet

You are so helpful thanks!! I knew there was a reason why I befriended you a long time ago! :thumbup:

You are right about the restriction and I've already noticed this. I was a bit tight last night - but not to bad where I couldn't even eat. Just enough to where I couldn't comfortably eat very much, and that is fine with me. If there is any meal I don't mind restriction with it's dinner. Now Breakfast I want to eat. Right now I'm having raisin bran and quaker granola mixed in. It's so delicious and I can eat it! :) In fact I had some for breakfast yesterday and it did hold me until lunch. I even brought a banana for a midmorning snack if I were to get hungry and I never needed it. Well, its still sitting here if I need it today.

I have no self control when it comes to chips. I've tried for many many months to battle them. Tried to "portion control" myself and it never worked. It sucks! I have not eaten any chips since April 12, 2009. As time goes on I think of them less and less. Really now I only think about them when it is "that time" and I'm craving salty Snacks. Someday I will be able to eat them and stop when my serving is up, but right now I'm not willing to risk my good behavior to have to start all over again.

One thing I can say is even though I have slowed down on my exercise, I do still do it. There is no way around this and it must be done with our new lifestyle. I actually love too, it makes me feel so good! I think I got bummed because I was just starting to run and found it was so great. My knees said no way though. I will need surgery on both, but that and weight loss will hopefully find me running again. I would be so happy!

Thanks again! (((huggs)))