Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!!! I'm Scared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:think 9/22/05

Here's the current scenario, bare with me. Please listen!!! Woke up at 1:45am really hungry, went to have some yogurt had 2-3 teaspoons and up it came. Doesnt seem like any big deal but its been happening since i ate dinner. i was eating a small boiled red potato and some salad and after having about 3 bites of the potato up it came, and up it came, and up it came!!!! what is going on??? havent had this problem before. in fact since getting my 1st fill 9/8 have been doing very well. there hasnt been too much restriction physically i have been watching what i have been doing and the choices ive been making. i have read that premenstrally your band can get tighter. iam premen. so could this be whats going on???

right now its 2:30am and im sipping on some tea. suffering from a wild headache and feeling like i might not be able to keep the tea down. man what should i do??

looking to you for some guidance and you thoughts.

im probably overreacting but since it hasnt been 8 weeks yet i keep thinking what have i done. to me physicogically and emotionally having a band has been one of the wisest decision i have ever made for myself and i dont want anything to screw it up. i havent felt this way about myself in a long time and i get scared that something is gonna happen. this pbing has got me worried. trying hard not to be looking for problems but you know when things are going well i kinda wait for the flip side. anyway this whole thing has got me sorta down. the constant belching is driving me crazy im tired and hungry and i have to go to work in 3 hours.

i recently have become very conscious of the band inside and keep thinking that maybe its shifted or isnt working, (yet im loosing) and therefore that i why this is happening......could some please give me some support???!!!!!

Thank you ever so,

Micki

Micki I'm sorry you are not feeling good. From my experience my restriction would come and go and my cycle would influence it. It does sound like something is kind of stuck and sometimes it comes out right away and sometimes it takes longer. If you could stay home you should. Unfortunately sometimes we have to wait these things out. Did you receive some tiny, disolve on your tongue, nausea pills after surgery. I don't know the name of them but I would use one of those. Of course call your doctor and stay away fro solid foods today. Warm tea and Water will probably be your best bet and just sip so you don't become dehydrated. PMS is a bi--ch

Keep us informed of how you are doing. Good Luck

Micki, anytime you have a PB you need to do liquids for atleast 24 hours to give your esophagus a rest, your esophagus swells duting a PB which makes it happen again and angain if you eat again after a PB,it becomes a vicious cycle. Do liquids for 24 hours, give everything a rest and time to settle down, if after that you are not able to keep foods down then call your Dr. but Call your Dr. immedialtey if you can not keep liquids down.