Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week post op and Hungry!!

Hey Friends....I am really stressed at the moment. I went to get my staples out yesterday and to my suprise the nurse told me that I was to be on another FREAKN week of Clear Liquids. I thought I was going to pass out. I was thinking that I could begin full liquids today where I could at least drink my slimfast to get some good protein(not a whole lot of sodium). My stomach is now beginning to growl...I did not expect this. Not this early. I am going to order some Isopure but any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all!!:rolleyes::sad::sad:

My regimin was 2 weeks claer, 2weeks full, 2 weeks mushies, then regular foods.

Try drinking the broth from chicken noodle Soup, or veggie soup. Give noodles and veggies to spouse or kids. Make sure you drink a lot to keep your hunger down.

Good luck. It will pass.

Hey Friends....I am really stressed at the moment. I went to get my staples out yesterday and to my suprise the nurse told me that I was to be on another FREAKN week of clear liquids. I thought I was going to pass out. I was thinking that I could begin full liquids today where I could at least drink my slimfast to get some good protein(not a whole lot of sodium). My stomach is now beginning to growl...I did not expect this. Not this early. I am going to order some Isopure but any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all!!:thumbup::sad::thumbup:

Cee Cee,

I know what you are going through. I didn't have an appetite for the first 3 to 4 days after surgery and Monday the hunger really started in and each day it gets worse!!! I loved not having an appetite and the hunger pangs hurt :eek: I keep sipping and luckily though, I can have shakes and anything a normal person could suck through a straw, except no straw. Next Tuesday I can start on pureed. Hold on honey, we can do it!!

boy I can relate! I was band the 13th, and today, day 2, I'm starving. I'm on full liquids, so I can have grits, Tomato Soup, pudding etc. But I'm starving!!!! We will stick together! You can do it!!!!!

Protein supplements are your answer. During the clear liquid stage I used Unjury chicken Soup - which looks and tastes like chicken broth and I sipped it constantly. I also used the Unjury unflavored and added it to reduced sugar juice and sugar free Jello I made. I work with a surgeon and a group of Pharm D's and they as well as my band team stressed how important getting in 60-80 mg. of protein was to curb hunger, regain strength and heal. After 3 days they moved me to full liquids because I was up walking alot, drinking alot and not feeling nauseated. With full liquids I drank Unjury chocolate mixed with skim milk and American Sports American whey Creamy vanilla mixed also with skim milk. Never getting less than 58 mg. of protein a day. Now I'm on he pureed/mushy foods I am adding a fresh peeled peach, banana or fresh strawberries to the vanilla protein and I'm getting about 70 grams of protein a day. I never feel hunger and my band was implanted without a fill. I do feel thirst and I'm drinking about 50 ounces of Water a day - sometimes more. I do not drink 30 minutes before a meal or within 60 minutes after a meal. I used to feel hunger ALL the time and NEVER felt full. It has been wonderful to no feel hunger and to once again feel full. I had forgotten what full felt like. I hope this helps and works for you.

well i was on full liquids for 2 weeks from the start, but i was hungry also. the hunger pains got bad on day 4 by like day 9 they went away. i think in a few more days the hunger pains will start to taper off.. my aunt told me when i was complaining that the pain is weakness leaving your body. so trust me stick with it you will get through it!

Hey Friends....I am really stressed at the moment. I went to get my staples out yesterday and to my suprise the nurse told me that I was to be on another FREAKN week of clear liquids. I thought I was going to pass out. I was thinking that I could begin full liquids today where I could at least drink my slimfast to get some good protein(not a whole lot of sodium). My stomach is now beginning to growl...I did not expect this. Not this early. I am going to order some Isopure but any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to you all!!:):sad::)

CeeCee:

Hi there! I hear this. Last night i got into bed and my stomach was growling soooooooo much--yet i would never have gotten up to have anything. My doctor told me full liquids after day 1. Meaning creamy Soups, s/f pudding and my Protein drinks. I'm not sure why you would still need CLEAR liquids after one week...but Protein would be key. Hmm are you taking the isopure that looks like a gatorade type drink? Man, i tried one of those and couldnt tolerate the aftertaste...I guess i'm also surprised you had staples....i got superglued, lol..and i'm grateful for no stitches.

I'm sorry you are struggliing..but even with me being allowed to have these other things...it hasnt stopped my stomach from rumbling! Hang in there!

Hey Bobbi...good to hear from you and thanks to you all for the mental support. OMG...it has gotton better. I went to GNC and got a drink simular to the Isopure but its the GNC kind. It looks like gatorade but has 60 grams of Protein per bottle. It has really helped the hunger pains!!! So I will use this drink until next monday. I can do it!

Thanks to you all!!

Hey Bobbi...good to hear from you and thanks to you all for the mental support. OMG...it has gotton better. I went to GNC and got a drink simular to the Isopure but its the GNC kind. It looks like gatorade but has 60 grams of Protein per bottle. It has really helped the hunger pains!!! So I will use this drink until next monday. I can do it!

Thanks to you all!!

Hi Cee Cee,

Thank you for posting that. What is the name of that stuff? I would like to try some myself.

I don't know why you need to be on Clear Liquids at all. My doctor allows a full liquid diets with Blended fruit the first 2 weeks. Be sure to get your Protein in. I know others suggested the Unjury chicken broth. Good Luck and you can get through this. You are worth it :scared2: