Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Changes in body image as you've lost weight?

So I am not close to having sx yet but one thing I struggle with is the loss of aspects of my body I adore. Not that I would trade being fat for anything but for instance my boobs are great just the way they are. I have heard of people getting a lot smaller, some so small they get plastic surgery. If anyone would comment about this and how it has or has not made an impact in your self conciousness. Currently I have ddd's so I can definately stand to loose boobage but I have this sinking fear of being in the itty bitty titty club.

LOL Okay very light hearted post but seriously any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have lost a little over 80 lbs and went from a double d to a d, I think they're a d now. Anyway, if they get any smaller, I will worry. I've always been confident about my body. I'm probably a little cocky now though, lol. I have about 35 lbs left to lose. As far as plastic surgery goes, the most I would get would be a breast lift. I love my breasts but I'm not interested in making them bigger even after I lose the rest of my weight.

I never had really large breasts, they were an E cup (which is about a DD in US terms I believe, our cup sizes are a bit different) but becuase I'm 5ft 10, nobody would have said my boobs were a stand out feature. They were just kind of right for the height and weight I was.

Since then they've shrunk to a C. The only reason I'm upset is that they're a mess, very droppy with a lot of stretch marks on top of them (from puberty).

I was desperate for a time there, they were just awful and I couldnt show any cleavage or chest in anythign I wore becuase they just puddled there, the skin was all ripply and had no body or oomph to it, it was would move like Water, ick.

But as they shrunk even more, that didnt go away but now they fit INSIDE everything, meaning I can show my chest again, but my boobs dont fall out of everything.

I like smaller boobs, I want a lift but DH is (I think) angling for implants too but I wont do it, I have no desire to have big norgs, C is nice, there's a breast there, but it doesnt ruin clothes, grab attention etc. So shrinkage is a bonus from my point of view.

I have lost a little over 80 lbs and went from a double d to a d, I think they're a d now. Anyway, if they get any smaller, I will worry. I've always been confident about my body. I'm probably a little cocky now though, lol. I have about 35 lbs left to lose. As far as plastic surgery goes, the most I would get would be a breast lift. I love my breasts but I'm not interested in making them bigger even after I lose the rest of my weight.

Thanks d is good..even c is good. I doubt I would actually get anything more than a lift either. Congrats on your weight loss and being so close to your goal!!!!!!!