Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Great...Surgery 7/21 and now poison ivy

Guest freedom2009

Guest freedom2009

I can't believe it. The day I've been waiting for, only about a week away, and I get into either poison ivy or poison oak. It's not severe, but might be bad enough not to have surgery. Don't know yet, I've got an appt with Doc tomorrow. I've got it on my arm, legs, and a patch on my stomach and under by breast. I haven't had any poison ivy for at least 30 years, and week before surgery, my luck. I've put cortizone cream on it to help with the itching. I don't believe it's spreading anymore. Can anyone give me encouragment, and think I can get this cleared up for surgery.

I am like you, I haven't had it for a long time. A couple of years ago, my grandson got it all over his arms, neck, and face. Went to the doctor and they gave him an injection. I can't recall exactly how long it was before it went totally away, but it was a lot better within a day or so. Hope you have good luck at the doctor's tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

I am so worried about the same thing happening to me. My cats are inside/outside cats and every year they have given it to me.

Epsom salt diluted with a little Water and then scrub the area and leave it to dry, is the fastest thing that I have found to clear it up.

Hope this helps good luck!

Just remembered something, good for future reference in case this happens again. I read a couple of days ago, that if you are exposed to poison ivy,immediately rub the area with liquid dishwash detergent and then rinse well. The detergent breaks down the oils of the ivy that were left on the skin and thus reduces the spread of the poison.

Guest freedom2009

Thanks all. I have epsom salt and just made a paste and plastered all over me. It certainly feels better, not itching as bad. Appreciate you all and your quick response. We've got a wonderful journey ahead of us and I'm so ready.

One of the ladies I work with gets it every year. She swears by a mixture of Water and clorax bleach. She says it helps dry it out. If you need formula, let me know and I'll ask her tomorrow.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches