Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone banded 6/30/09 Would love to talk to you!

Had my surgery on June 30th at CMC in Manchester NH, by Dr. Campbell. Would love to know how you are doing and what your experiances are. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I am feeling back to my old self. Feel like I have lost some weight will know tomrrow. Cece

I was banded June 30 2009, Dr.B. Schuster , Louisville KY.I am also doing good, little sore still, I have an Appointment Wed. and I weigh at home, the weight i have lost is from May 4th 2009 till now,I am hungry now, wish i could get a fill Wednesday,I don't think they do them that soon though.

I alos was banded on the 30th but in NYC with Dr. Kurian. I am feeling well except I am having trouble eating really slowly. I have had 3 little "stucks" and need to learn from that. I could not believe that blended food could get stuck so I really need to be careful. It seems that I have restriction even though I have not had a fill.

Hello all.... I was banded on 6/30 in overland park KS. I am doing so good! Only thing is I am disappointed i havent lost more.. down 14lbs. I see alot of people are down 20 from surgery and it make me wonder what I am doing wrong?:rolleyes:

Hi,

I was banded on 6/25/09 by Dr. Ewing in Paramus, NJ. I am a few days ahead of you but not much. I am feeling good. 21 lbs. down and just started the "soft solid" phase of the diet. My biggest problem is eating to fast. I am using a toddler fork and spooon so I am taking very small bites until I am used to chewing, chewing, chewing. It has really helped. I am finding it hard to make 1/2 cup of food last 30 minutes! Boy I must have inhaled my food before!

weight.png

Hi to all,

I had my visit with the doctor since the surgery. I have lost so far 12 pounds. I am very happy with this weight loss. Better than I normally have done in my diet attempts. I am very excited that I have gone to mushie foods today. Had my first egg and it tasted wonderful. Need to work on eating slower find it hard.; I do use a baby spoon and fork. Any suggestions?Feeling good but starting to get the hungries. Cece :thumbup:weight.png

I have that problem too.. eating to fast..I started soft food today,had canned chicken with little mayo on club crackers, really good. I also eat with a baby spoon,chew chew, I don't guess I ever really chewed my food before LOL.But for dinner I went back to refried Beans with taco sauce and a little sour cream, didn't want to push it, my late night cravings for sweets I have fudge bars (Splenda sweetened) or SF popsicles. really has been a change, but I think I am ready for it, or I sure do hope I am.

Thank you. Wish I could have crackers but right now for this week now added to phase 3; I can have egg smashed,cottage cheese low fat or non as well ricotta,tofu,fish.chicken pureed, cereal-grits,oatmeal,applesauce,strained fruit baby food, white or sweet potato mashed. Yum! We have stage 4 and then stage 5 introducing regular food. Your right I need to be chewing, chewing, chewing.! I am going to ask about mayo. tuna and mayo sounds good.

weight.png

Am going back to the Doc tomorrow, am looking forward to weighing on his scale, eleven pounds of my weight I lost on the pre op diet, I hope I'm not eating to much, I'm going to talk to the nutritionist while I'm there maybe she can help me out, I need further instruction..on just how to use this tool..lol

I too was banded on 6/30/09. I started mushy foods today as well and it's A-oK. Only I am not really hungry. I am worried I'll try to drink my calories which I know is a No-No. I had 1/2 a mushy Protein veggie patty this AM with some skim milk. I have lost 29 pounds which seems like a lot quickly, but I was on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and the Dr told me to expect to gain a little back this week. Overall this has been difficult but I am glad that I did it.

Wow ,thats great losing that weight. And god Bless you for being on a liquid diet that long. I do not know if I could of done that. All I can say is that cottage cheese taste mighty fine for lunch. And I used my baby spoon. My daughter and I did 2 hour trail at at small State Park nearby and had alot of fun; we saw a porcupine on our walk. Good excecise. Have any of you heard of mixing Protein powder with pudding mix recipe? I was told at the Vitamin Shop in Manchester that alot of Lap-band patients do that? weight.png

Hi all, I was banded at CMC in Keene on 6/30! I started soft foods yesterday, going pretty well. Last night was the first meal that I ate protein/vegies/carb all together and I didn't finish what was on my plate but I was so full that I thought I might throw up. I didnt and I won't overeat like that again! I guess I was too excited to have an actual balanced meal again! I have lost about 15lbs since my surgery.

Is that Keene NH? What kind carb can you eat? Potatoes? 15 pounds that is great!How are the rest of you doing?Must of over did it walking yesterday was sore around the port site. My stomach ached last night and alittle today. Took it easy today. I am going to friends for dinner tonite and made my homemade ice cream cake. It's yummy, wish I could have a piece. But getting used to being around food I can not have.Any of you starting to excercisig? Gym? I got the okay to start lifting again no more than 10 pounds. I will start next Monday at the gym. Have a good nite everyone.

Yes, sorry, Keene, NH. I have only eaten mashed potatoes and flat wrap bread and tonight I tried noodles, the noodles were kind of difficult. I thought they got stuff but I think I had my first PB. Anyway, I did manage to finish them after I felt better but I am not likely to try that again too soon! I haven't started exercising yet. I just started back to work this week and have been really tired just getting back to that, I hope to start exercising next week.

Hi! I was banded 7/1/09 so I'm a day behind you all (in Lubbock, TX). I've just moved to mushies. Had a hard time with chicken salad for some reason yesterday (even with Miracle Whip) so today I went back to some liquidy foods (cream of rice and soup) since I had a lot of pain this morning. Tonight I tried some refried Beans and sour cream. I've lost 18 pounds, but 16 of that came off on the pre-op diet. It is amazing to me that with as little as I'm eating I haven't lost more. Of course eating too little might be part of the problem. I think I might see how many calories I'm consuming. I'm still doing Protein Drinks. I like Unjury (Strawberry Sorbet) and nectar (Roadside Lemonade) but am not a fan of the Isopure strawberries and cream (I'll have to use that on in smoothies since it was pretty pricey). I'll have my first fill on August 14 and am scared and excited about that. I haven't really chewed in over a month so I hope I can get used to small bites and lots of chewing!