Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nothing After Midnight

this is it....less than 24hrs from surgery (tomorrow morning 8am), i mentaly feel great and ready, but physicaly i feel awful!

in addition to the "always-seems-to-have-bad-timing" cramps, i have a swollen...and i mean SWOLLEN... epitochlear (right elbow) lymph node. seems to be from a bug bite on my hand, but very, very tender :huh2: taking antibiotics just so there is reduced risk of infection for tomorrow. i am supposed to go to a few bonvoyage parties today (former HS students of mine leaving for the military) and i just can't get away from my heating pad and couch :( These boys are near and dear to my heart, but,.. uggghh what to do?

good news is i dropped another 1.8 pounds, despite that cramp-related condition :blink: so i got to officially adjust my ticker this morning for the 2nd time. I hope my surgeon is happy with 10 pounds in 10 days.

so if any of you want to make me feel better by telling me it's ok to stay home and be selfish today.. i'd definately listen :)

thanks for letting me vent!

You KNOW you should go! :) (sorry, LOL) but if they are going into the military, this may be your last chance. Hope not, but life is short and uncertain. And the cramps are going to bother you whether you stay home or go.

Distraction may do wonders for you!

I know! :) but you know a month from now, you won't think "I WISH I'd stayed home and kept the heating pad on" if you go, but if you don't go, a month from now you may think "I WISH I'd gone to say bye and give my love".

?

I agree, you should go...think thermacare heat wraps...they work wonderfully along with Excedrin Migrane although, that's not what it was meant for...it's the only thing that works for me.

Good luck on your surgery!!!!

ok ok i'm going!

maybe that's what i really needed you guys to tell me :)

ps..gonna try the therma care. thanks!

You're awesome. :)

i agree you need to a least make an appearance. its the right thing to do. and it might just make you feel better. getting up and moving is the only thing thats ever helped my cramps. and even if it dosent help the cramps you wont have to add guilt for not going to the rest of your pre surgery worries. and depending how you feel post-op it may be the last time you get out and socialize for a few weeks.

i hope you feel better. and good luck and congratulations on your surgery tomorrow. and 10lbs in 10 days is a major accomplishment. your doc should be very pleased:thumbup:

Good for you (re motivating to go)! And, good luck tomorrow! I hope you have a very easy surgery and recovery! Welcome to band land! :)

Catherine

i went and i am glad i did. one is kind of following in my footsteps and joined the navy (i am retired navy -turned HS teacher) and the other who i love dearly also, joined Nat'l Guard - INFANTRY :) so yes...very glad i went.

wish i could say i feel 100%, i feel better but.... ah well gotta stop being gloomy...tomorrow is a new beginning :=)

thanks all!!! you guys are the best!!

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you; post when you can! :)

on my way.

got a 2 hour drive, then 2 more hours til surgery.

tired, nervous, hopeful, thirsty...but you know how that goes....nothin after midnite :}

Good luck! :) You'll do FABULOUS!

Kat

Good Luck today hun! Today is the first day of the rest of your life! Look forward and dont look back!

M

Good Luck, I will be thinking of you. Please post soon, my surgery is on 7/21 and I need as much info as possible.