Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So it's been a while since we've all had our May surgery...

salad seems to be my ugly at the moment. So sad, I love salad. I am doing ok, have my second fill tomorrow and seem to have kind of stalled at loss again. I go up 2 down 2 up 1 down 2 but still seem to be at 273 so hopefully fill 2 will get me going again. Otherwise I am learning what I can eat now post fill and each new food item is a learning experience.

Hi Jennifer,

I sure know what you mean about chewing really well and still getting stuck. I've been stuck a couple of times now and it has all been beef (not ground beef) and once deli ham so I am sticking to ground beef. I had really tender pork roast last night and didn't have any trouble. I just have to be careful.

I hope that your doctor can figure out why you are so tight. I can imagine how miserable you are.

(and husband just love to get one on us, don't they? But we always manage to get them back!)

Hi gals. I had salad last pm and it was fine.

I have only had 1 fill though.

I notice I can have salmon and it goes down well, but fish like haddock and tuna get stuck as well as other dry meats such as chicken breast and turkey.(sometimes the deli shaved is ok). It is so "if-y". One day I will be ok with some foods , the next they will get stuck or I will be nauseated just at the first taste.

My PA also told me that microwave also has a lot to do with the icky taste because it leaves a film which Bandsters are sensitive to.

But who wants to light the oven in 80 degree heat?!

Lost another pound and am steady but slow.

It is so good to be on a thread with others at the same stage of banding.

My PA also told me that microwave also has a lot to do with the icky taste because it leaves a film which Bandsters are sensitive to.

But who wants to light the oven in 80 degree heat?!

Interesting! I never heard that, but its good info. I'm lucky that I can light the oven at work, which Im going to try tonight for dinner. At our center, they keep it so freaking cold inside, I have to wear a jacket all the time. Which is pretty weird when I step outside & feel the difference. Im going to try some tilapia in the oven & heat the asparagus on the stove instead of microwave like u said.

I keep finding foods I cant tolerate. Its so weird.

Here is my update. I just got my second fill on 7/28 and it still feels like I don't have any restriction. I am now up to 5 cc's. I had surgery on 5/6 and had to reschedule my 1st fill do to a out of town funeral. I am down 23 lbs which is better than nothing but I am only losing about 2 lbs a month. I'm looking forward to the 10 lbs a month average, but at this point I would be happy with 5.

Other than not having restriction I feel pretty good. I scars are still really itchy after 3 months of surgery so i guess that means they are still healing. No hair loss so that is a plus.

This is a great thread it's great to see how everyone else is doing>

Hallelujah! It's great to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear about the funeral. :wub:

If you don't feel any restriction after another week, I would call your doctor. Mine told me to call after 2 weeks if I didn't feel restriction. I contacted my nurse yesterday to make an appt. for my 3rd fill because once again I can eat at least 1 1/2 cups at a sitting and be hungry 2-3 hours later. We have to take a proactive approach for our bodies, 'cuz no one else will! :) How much do you get at each fill? I only get 0.5 cc. :thumbup:

Hey Ann,

I've tried several times to get in sooner, but appointments are always booked out 4 weeks at a time. I asked this time when I got my second fill why we have to wait so long to get in for a fill if we know within days if we have restriction or not. He said they are really booked and unless there is a cancellation it's nearly impossible to get in any sooner. I received 2.5 cc's my first time around and 2.5 cc's this time around as well. He said he will start backing off and start with .5 cc's next time, so it might take a while for restriction but I'm hoping to get there sooner than later. I'm ready to start losing weight.

I haven't been on line much. I used to be able to get online at my old job, but started a new job the 1st of june and there is no computers there. When I get home I get online and read post but haven't much felt like posting. Maybe if I had more exciting news I would post more.

Hi to all.

It's been a long while for me, just like Halleujah, I goof around a little at night on the site, but posting, for some odd reason, I'm too tired by then. I promise to do better.

I love this thread. I had my second fill last week and my doctor has me following a strict 48hours liquid then 48hrs mushie then I can eat after every fill, and 24hours of liquid after a PB. So of course my first day eating again I felt like I went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson (no, my ears are fine :laugh: I had mashed cauliflower, and I think I will be staying away from that for a while. I can go about 4 hours inbetween meals. so I might need a little extra, but I am in no hurry, I am still learning and chewing.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing well.

I find it so interesting the varying approach surgeons take. I wasn't given any restriction on liquids or mushies after my fill - I even asked and they told me "Nope, just take it easy, but if you over-do, you'll know and then you won't likely try THAT again." LOL They're right! I got stuck really bad trying to have little bites of a toasted bagel half with Peanut Butter. (I know, I know!!) and I'll not do that again.

I still haven't been brave enough to try beef (other than ground) or salad. My doc asks that we wait 8 weeks after surgery, and I'm there, but I'm having tightness problems and so trying those now is scary.

I have 2.4cc's in my band and just that .9cc's that were added has made a big difference. I MUST take smaller, slower bites and chew really good. Today, I had about 1/2 cup of pistachios for brunch and 6 shrimp for dinner. The shrimp were not jumbo or anything, but they were decent sized. I could not have possibly taken another bite. And each shrimp was cut up into 3-4 bites. And STILL I had a minor incident with feeling stuck for a bit.

Working on it... getting the hang of it.

I had my first fill this week, 3cc's and I still cannot relate to restriction. I am full a little quicker, and stay full an little longer, but I don't get what the feeling restricted is. Once in a while I have to wait a sec for something to pass down, but that's it.

I have never had anything stuck, except for a pill I took when I first got home from the hospital.

I still cut, chop, and smash everything, and take small bites just in case.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens after more fills.