Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

... so I was so proud of myself last night going to my karate class despite taking in only 800 calories per day, and feeling kind of week. Working out at class made me even MORE hungry, but I didn't cave.

I got on the scale this morning and weighed the EXACT same as I did 2 days ago. :thumbup:

sure, I tell myself i'm pre-menstrual (which is true), and that not gaining at a time like this is something.... but it still feels so frustrating. This feeling is so familiar and partly why I am getting the band. All the diets that I have been on only to give up from this kind of discouragement. I won't cave as much as I want to and as hungry as I am, but geez, I hope the band makes a difference for me.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh! It will work!!!! Don't worry!

I haven't gotten banded yet but I know it will work for you!!!! Remember what they say don't weight yourself everyday (but if you are going to do it in the morning because it's always less when you wake up).

We are here for you!!!! :thumbup:

Okay, I have to ask why you are only taking in 800 calories a day? I see that your surgery is right around the corner, but it seems to me that you body may be going into starvation mode, what with the exercise and the low caloric intake. Maybe you need to up the calories a little to reassure your body that you are not starving it and to nudge it into letting go of some of the weight.

Just a thought. The old methods of starving and exercising to lose weight just don't work.

Elgrad

I really dont think that you are eating enough calories. I have to eat between 950-1100 calories when I am working out to lose any weight. I would try uping your calories with good foods of course and when working out you should start losing! I hope that helped I went thru that phase as well but found out quickly if I dont eat enough the scale wont move.:thumbup:

don't be discouraged, but you do need to eat. that is why you are weak. take in good calories and work out. i went in to get an adjustment this morning and i was feeling really discouraged, but i have lost more weight than i thought. i was 226 lbs now i am 170. i am in size 12. it will come together.i will say a prayer for you.

sorry guys... i guess i didn't explain well. I am on my preop diet ordered by my surgeon. I was told 2 Protein Shakes for meal repacement and one very low carb high Protein meal per day: "800 cals per day, 20 or less carbs, 65 oz of Fluid min, 80 grams protein. That is what i am doing..exactly what the surgeon ordered. after the first 4 days, I lost 8.2 pounds...now nothing.

Hang in there, Kat. I know that I really want to lose the weight fast (and I am not even banded yet) but it will come off. Just try to relax a little, get yourself mentally prepared for the surgery and you will find, I think, success very shortly. I used to do tae-kwan-do and it is one of those things that I am looking forward to doing again, after the banding and some wieght loss. I love the martial arts!

Elgrad

OHHHHH...ok well if thats what the Doctor ordered then Do what he says...I didnt know that you were on a pre-op diet. But yea the weight may not come off anymore because your body is in starvation mode because of the low calories. Just drink PLENTY of Water and stay hydrated!!! Good Luck with your surgery!

Hang in there, Kat. I know that I really want to lose the weight fast (and I am not even banded yet) but it will come off. Just try to relax a little, get yourself mentally prepared for the surgery and you will find, I think, success very shortly. I used to do tae-kwan-do and it is one of those things that I am looking forward to doing again, after the banding and some wieght loss. I love the martial arts!

Elgrad

Thanks so much... I'm tryin:)

I was supposed to exercise while on pre op and didn't because I knew I would have to starve. :thumbup:

The only way I knew I lost 8 lbs at my pre op appt was that they weigh me every time I go in. I'm not gonna focus on weight loss until I'm healed up and able to work out. I lost weight pre op and seem to have dropped some more post op just because I'm still on the liquid diet.

Just within the last few days I've had a ton of crap dumped in my lap. I'm not gonna add a scale to the mix too. I wanna follow the plan and heal and then get to work. :drool:

Take it easy on yourself. There are so many factors that can effect weight loss. We all wanna drop the weight, but don't let the scale seal the deal. Perhaps you swapped fat for muscle in those two days?? :)

Don't forget that muscle weighs more than fat! I've been doing a crazy workout for the last 7 weeks (Boot Camp. . 3 times a week, plus running on the weekend) and it really stalled my weight loss. That said, I've been losing inches.

Especially since you are pre-op, I DEFINITELY recommend that you take your measurements and put them in a chart or spreadsheet. When the scale stops moving, it is a HUGE consolation to be able to see that you are still losing inches! Plus, it's really interesting to be able to see where you are losing and how much smaller you are getting as you lose.

Don't worry about the scale for now -- you are doing great!

Catherine