Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hurricane Rita and Texas bandsters

La_madam

To all of you who live in Texas, I am sending prayers your way this week...I wish you all NO harm and I wish all you safety.

I just heard it could be a CAT 5 by the time it makes landfall

What I would like to do is set up some kind of list for those who are here who live in Texas so we know if we do not see you for a few days it is due to power outages or something of that nature and if you can once the hurricane has hit a passed through, post here to let us all know you are OK

Who ever is in Texas and near where the hurricane will hit please post your name

Be Safe! We are all going ot be thinking of you

I to wish you all to be safe in the entire gulf area of Texas. I am in the Dallas area and would like to receive some of that Rita rain, but I don't want anybody to be hurt over it.

I'm soooooooooooo scared, I'm in NW Houston. I had to wait 20min to get gas tonite and all the Water and batteries are sold out! City Wide (lol) So I'll be in the dark and a little thirsty and still waiting for approval from insurance..................lol. Life is good:(

Hi friends! I live in Houston. Over the past day or so I've been listening to the forecast, but I have to say today I started worrying and wondering about what will happen.

It's so hard to imagine what to expect. At the least it will be a lot of wind and rain. I hope the electricity lines don't get knocked down all over the city, it will be miserably hot.

Galveston and Clear Lake have already started to voluntary evacuate, and as of tomorrow at 5pm it will be mandatory.

I've been trying to gather up some belongings in case we need to leave for a few days.. medicine, clothes, etc. All indications look like it will make landfall somewhere along the TX coast and the closer we get to Friday the more we'll know.

thanks for the nice words, I too would like to hear from my neighbors to see how they are preparing and to hear their words of wisdom.

take care,

Wouldn't it be ironic if we all fled to Dallas this weekend?

I'm seeing a possible mini Bash in our future?! ... Keri, what band friendly restaurants can you recommend? :)

I live in Port Neches and I think we are fixing to have to leave, my street dead ends into the Neches River, so I will more than likely not be here for the next few days!!! I will miss you guys!

My prayers are with all of you in that area. Here's hoping it fizzles out to a good soaking rain before it gets here! Be safe!

Beware of making online hotel reservations in Dallas! I made mine on orbitz.com yesterday, got a confirmation code & everything. They called me this morning and said that they are not honoring ANY online or call-in reservations in the state of TX. The hotels are taking walk-ins instead for evacuees. She basically told me sorry and good luck finding somewhere to go. I guess it's a good thing I also have relatives in north Louisiana...

I Live In Sw Florida, So Know What It's Like. My Advise Is To Fill Up Your Bathtub, Get Some Batteries AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR MEDS! I Know It Sounds Weird, But I Have A Large Garden Tub That I Filled Up The Day Of The Storm "just In Case" And Guess What....we Bathed With The Water From It For 2 Weeks! I Know You're Like "what?" Well, I Have A Seperate Shower So We Used Pitchers To ScOop Out The Water And UseD It To Wash AnD Rinse In The Shower. I Added Bleach Every Couple Days So It Didn't Get Yucky! Don't Think That It Can't Happen To You. I Thought The Same And I Was Wrong. BE PREPARED AND EVACUATE IF THEY TELL YOU TOO. WE SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE MY KIDS WERE SCARED TO DEATH. BUT, WE DIDN'T HAVE THE WARNING TIME THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE. Anyway, God Bless You Guys And Best Of Luck.

My thoughts & prayers are with all of you! I'm in Arkansas & everyone here is looking forward to the rain from Rita, but I had rather just stay hot & dry than for anyone to go through another hurricane like Katrina. If anyone needs a place to stay & can tolerate a grumpy man, you are more than welcome here! LOl!!..........Jess

Kelly PM'd me last night asking if she could stay with me... if anyone sees her floating down the street, please tell her the key is still under the rock. Kel, come on home, Baby.

I live in Sanger, north of Dallas...PM me for my phone numbers. Even up here we are supposed to get lots of rain, and tornados are always possible. I will be glad to assist in any way...I can find pet boarding, try to help you get reservations, etc....I don't have a guest room, sorry about that, but maybe I can help in some other ways. Let me know, and PLEASE take your important papers, ID's, SS cards, meds, and SCRAPBOOKS...put them in your car and get somewhere safe! I"ll do whatever I can.