Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

when did you see a skinnier person in the mirror?

How long did it take you to see your own weight loss?? For me, I've lost 40 punds so far, and although most of my clothes are falling off me, I can't see any difference when looking in a mirror at myself. Others have noticed and started to comment, but I still can't see it.

How long did it take you to see your own weight loss?? For me, I've lost 40 punds so far, and although most of my clothes are falling off me, I can't see any difference when looking in a mirror at myself. Others have noticed and started to comment, but I still can't see it.

You know, I could tell in pictures after about 40 pounds as well (I started at 327). BUT, it wasnt until about 65 pounds down when I caught my reflection in a glass door that I said DANG! I can tell!

For me it was about 60lbs lost. Friends and family would comment but I just couldn't see it. My "light bulb" moment came when a friend of mine kindly told me to start donating my clothes. The big red thermal shirt was looking like a tent!

Truly, I dont think I really changed shape from blobby and rotund and VERY pear shaped to a "normal" until AFTER I'd reached a normal BMI.

I know that sounds sooooo discouraging, but the truth is we all have different body types and mine is tall, willowy and meant to be thin. So even at a BMI of 25 I had way too much body fat and I looked like it.

Whilst you still have extra fat you will still have your problem areas - for me it was the muffin top and big or little, it ruined stuff I wanted to wear, broke up the line of my body etc. It didnt go until very last and it didnt go until I got well down to a BMI *under* the top of the healthy range.

Only THEN did I start seeing a "normal" figure and even then, that depends on the day! I still think I'm big compared to other people and them am stunned when i see a reflection in a shop window or a photograph.

I still avoid mirrors, but I don't see any difference yet

I have lost 40 as well and just don't see it when I see myself in the mirror. Other people notice and I can tell in some of my clothes, but it can be frustrating that I can't SEE it.

Ive lost 71lbs and I only see the loss with clothes on. If i am getting in the shower and catch a glimps, I still see the same fat shape.

That is such a great question! Ive lost 75 pounds and I can see it because I sag everywhere (I am 51). However my surgeon suggested that it may take up to two years for my body image to catch up with reality! Hang in there, it is really cool to hear people exclaim "you are so skinny" even when I know I have another 20 pounds to lose!

I haven't lost that much at all, but I can tell my face is thinner. Also, my coworkers are telling my my clothes are too big. It's nice to hear!

I stared seeing it in my pictures around 50 or more lbs. but even today i hate the mirror, I love what i see in my face but im still seeing such a fat person in the mirror when it comes the rest of my body. I think my stomach would have to be gone before Im happy with the mirror. But that is my hang up, not sure when I will start seeing a skinny person in my head.

Ive lost 71lbs and I only see the loss with clothes on. If i am getting in the shower and catch a glimps, I still see the same fat shape.

I could almost mirror that statement. Looking back to April when I probably was 12 lbs heaver I saw a couple of photos where I looked really thin. I guess now I'm getting used to it. Although since I started running, I've suddenly noticed a big difference in my legs and backside. Most of my excess weight was in my gut and I am just now really starting to see a difference there.

I started noticing at 60 lbs down - when I had lost 2 of my chins, LOL - but am just now feeling "normal" at almost 90 down. Going clothes shopping for 12/14s and M/L really helped me feel normal. I like the mirror now, but I still don't like myself in photos!

About 45 - 50 lbs in. I could see my collar bone get bonier. My shoulders are beginning to get bony and i'm starting to notice i'm getting more of a shape in my back end. I haven't really noticed anything in my thighs yet though I have lost weight there. In my legs around my knee i've lost some weight. I'm actually starting to get knee caps.

When I got to just under 30 lbs (so, just before Onederland), I started seeing a difference and feeling like I looked like my old self. Now that I'm almost 50 lbs down, sometimes I look in the mirror and it surprises me to see someone much smaller than I was expecting to see! That is the best kind of surprise! :thumbup:

Catherine

Wow Catherine, that's great! I want that kind of nice suprise! Hopefully not too many more months now :-) Congrats!!