Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This is IT!!! I am so ready

Guest freedom2009

Guest freedom2009

July 21,2009 That will be my new birthday....I'm 60 years old and have yo-yo dieted all my adult life. I can remember being overweight as far back as the second grade. I've never ever given up, that's why I could wallpaper my bedroom with all my WW cards. Something has changed, in the last several years my weight has continued to go up and less diets tried. When I did try to diet, it would only last 2-3 weeks...Gain everything back plus more. Two months ago I knew if I didn't make the final committment and make a complete change in my lifestyle, I was really headed torward stroke, diabetic, heart attack. I may be 60 but I've got alot of good years left...It's my time to feel good have more energy, to get out and do things I always wanted to do but ashamed of my size, or unable to do.

I have spent much time in doing my research (this site has helped sooooo much) A year ago I looked into gastric bypass, however, I didn't even attend the first meeting because my husband could not support that. I'm sure he was fearful that it was just too extreme. When I learned about lapband and explained it to him, he came on board and is very supportive and will be there for me, as well as my wonderful family.

I remember eating dinner out on Mothers Day with my husband and son. Our plates were so full, piled high. I asked them wouldn't they rather have me say to them after dinner, let's go on a canoe ride, or let's go walking in the park, or some other wonderful activity. Or to have me sit there eating untill I'm miserable and want to take a nap.

They both agreed that they could handle the fact that I wouldn't be their eating partner, and would love to see me thrilled about doing things I've always wanted to do.

July 21st will be my new birthday. My approval and all the preparations went very smooth, and I was fortunate I didn't have an insurance battle. This Friday I have all the pretesting done. I've started by 2 week low fat diet (that's all my surgeon requires). From what I've read, I am lucky to not have to go thru the 2 weeks of liquid . I will have that after surgery.

Once again, you all may not know it, but for the last 8 weeks I've been faithfully reading all your blogs, reading the forums, looking at your photos.........You all have so much to be so proud of...The changes in your lives have been so wonderful to read about. I'm hoping to be able to share my journey with you all....... God Bless

Hi, sounds like you really are ready to go and are certain to suceed. My date is July 19th and I can't wait to start my new life, I've been overwieght my whole life and I feel as though the 19th is the first day of the rest of my life. I just hope it works, I'm kind of scared, although I am ready to start, my soft/liquid diet starts Sunday. Lets keep in touch.

Guest freedom2009

I understand your feelings. food has been our friend and something we could always count on..I know just going thru the 2 wks low fat diet, i've devoted so much time and energy trying to make sure I've got enough Protein in, get my Water in, recorded every bite I've eaten (which I've been using www.thedailyplate.com) . It's amazing to see how many grams of this and that we consume, but eating so little.

I wish you all the best, we can do this..Like so many say, nothing taste good as loosing weight. I've had it, enough is enough. Let's do keep in touch, our surgeries are so close.

Good luck to you. I'm the same age as you and I think we have to work a bit harder to get the weight off but the last 9 months of my life have been some of the best ever. You will feel so good both physically and mentally when you are at last able to take control of your life and no longer let food be your master. It's amazing how fast you get used to eating such small amounts of food. I had to have a partial unfill about 3 weeks ago and was appalled at how much i've been able to eat and it's no where near what I used to. I would not go back to being unbanded for anything. Keep in touch and let us know how you do. :)

Hello and welcome to LBT! It is wonderful to have you join us, and with such a positive attitude. I think you are going to do wonderfully and look forward to following your progress.