Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Evening Eating - How do you stop the cravings/temptation?

I get a pretty early start in the mornings - usually up at 5am. I have a Protein drink for Breakfast, mostly for convenience.

lunch is at noon, then dinner at around 6-6:30. I'm full when I finish dinner. But within two hours or so, the evening cravings hit and I start rummaging through the cupboards. While I try to keep it healthy (carrot sticks, celery, etc), that doesn't always cut it. I know part of it is boredom, part of it is hunger and part of it is habit (I've always been a night time snacker).

Not feeling much restriction at all right now (go for a fill early Oct), but I don't want to blow what I've lost in the next few weeks.

Any tips on how to stop the evening cravings?

I get cravings at night sometimes too.

I grab a 600ml bottle of Water, and tell myself if I drink that, and am still hungry, I can have a snack (air poped popcorn, some nuts, yogurt - something)

9 out or 10 times, I dont feel hurngry after drinking the Water.< /p>

Also try a cup of sf hot chocolate. It is warm, so it feels like food and it is sweet so it helps with a sweet tooth. I add a 1/2 scoop of vanilla Protein to mine so it also helps me get a little extra protein in each day. ~Mandy

I get a pretty early start in the mornings - usually up at 5am. I have a Protein drink for Breakfast, mostly for convenience.

lunch is at noon, then dinner at around 6-6:30. I'm full when I finish dinner. But within two hours or so, the evening cravings hit and I start rummaging through the cupboards. While I try to keep it healthy (carrot sticks, celery, etc), that doesn't always cut it. I know part of it is boredom, part of it is hunger and part of it is habit (I've always been a night time snacker).

This sounds just like me exceptIm up at 3:45 am

Last night I made it through the night for the first time in along time without giving in. What I did after dinner was brush my teeth and the fill up a 1 liter bottle of Water and went to my room, drank the Water through out the night. I had to get up 5 times in the night to pee but atleast I did not eat. I stay as far away fro mthe kitchen, Maybe try the teethe brushin and the water. It might help you too

I have the same problem, I have no cravings until the evening and then if I dont get it under control I am in and out of the kitchen. Tonight I'm going to try the Water thing and cleaning my teeth.

thanks girls

Gaynor

Oh I get bad cravings at night, so does my husband so that doesnt help me one bit. I heard that sometimes when you feel hungry its really that your thursty, I dont know how true that is but it sounds pretty good

I second the hot chocolate idea. I have SF hot chocolate, and I add a Davinci SF Syrup, like almond or peppermint paddy...it is delicious. When I give in, I confess I have ice cream...but a lot less than before.

I have tried brushing my teeth, getting away from the kitchen, and sewing...if my hands are busy and I'm not thinking about food, I do lots better. That's one way I used to quit smoking 5 years ago. Good luck!

I know everyone says no gum, but I was never one to swallow it anyway. Gum is how I get by though. If I just have to have something then I have a Blue Belle sf chocolate crunch ice cream bar. They are so good! Since I quit smoking yesterday it has been really hard. Thank God for gum!

Parvarthi,

You lucky thing!

How did you get ONLY night-cravings, when I have ALL-day cravings?

My problem starts around noon time and usually ends with dinner - actually when I am SICK of eating. The only things thats saving my innerds from popping is the fact that I dont eat a big amount at once time. A bag of popcorn. Hour later a bowl of cerel. Hour later ANOTHER bowl of cerel. Hour later a hard taco. Hour later dinner time!!!!

No wonder the scale is moving in the wrong direction.... duhhh!

I sure wish I could give you some great words of wisdom here, but actually I stopped in to get ideas for my own self!

Dang!! I'm doing the same thing right now. This is the first time since getting banded that I can't stop eating!!! I don't eat a huge amount at once, but I eat about every hour to hour and a half. What the ....???? If any of you discover some magic solution (like sewing your mouth shut), then please share.

Tricia H