Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate this liquid diet for 10 days!!!!!!

I just started my 10 day liquid diet. My surgery is the 13th of July! :smile2: I'm so excited, but very weak from just drinking shakes and crystal light etc. Anyone have any suggestions on what they did for their 10 days? HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hello,

Keep your chin up and think about the positive results. I'm not sure where you located. I am in upstate NY and had to do a strict liquid MediFast diet for 4 weeks. The 10 days will be up before you know it.

I noticed you're from Rolla, where are you having your surgery done? I'm in JC and having mine in Columbia by Dr. Pitt

I did the medifast diet last year for about a month, the first three days are the worst! If you get headaches try drinking some bullion, the salt will help.

Just think it will all be worth it a few months from now when you see the number on the scale.

You can do it!

I just got banded on June 26th. I had to do the liquid diet for 2 weeks. It is true, it gets better after 3 days, but now I also have to do the diet for 3 weeks after now so that my band can heal. May I suggest this for you?

Breakfast:

Boost High Protein

Lunch:

Boost High Protein

Snack:

Light Yogurt

Dinner:

Boost High Protein

Light Yogurt

Snack:

Boost High Protein

This is from my dietitian at my surgeons office. A lot of the hunger that I experienced was "head hunger". You will for sure know the diff once you are banded.

Also if you want something else to eat, I was allowed two 1/2c. servings of sugar free Jello and two 1c. servings of low sodium broth per day.

Hang in there and good lucK!

~Meredith

Thanks so much! I finally found out where I posted from! I know, I'm a dork! I have been on for almost 5 days now and I have stopped losing after day 3. I have been eating watermelon which is just Water, but maybe that's why I'm not losing. I'm so frustrated. This is how all my diets work, I lose the first couple days and then nothing!

knrpick...if your doc didn't clear you for watermelon, DONT eat it! Its very very high in carbs/sugar.

oops didn't think about the sugar! That would do it! Thanks, i just wanted something to chew

If you're preop call your doc and ask if you can chew sugar free gum. Post op I think the gum will be off limits; and it's important that you really stick to your post op diet to the letter (healing, sutures can be pulled internally etc) SO Hang in there! ask about the gum. You can get through it.

Thanks! I appreciate it!

I was allowed sugar free popsicles and they really helped get me through the 2 weeks. I had at least two every evening! The liquid diet did get easier after the first three or four days.

Good luck! You can do it!

:thumbup: