Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, we are all looking forward to our first fills now. I got mine yesterday. It took about 1 minute total. I have to admit, the needle was HUGE!!! I was immediately nervous when I saw it, but he didn't give me time to dwell on it. He stuck it in the port and inserted all the Fluid before I even had time to react (3 ccs.

Now the really surprising part.. it didn't hurt.. at all. I can't explain it, but I swear, it was totally painless - or pain along the lines of a mosquito bite.

Good luck to you all! The 2 days of liquids sucks though.

wow three CC's seems like an agressive fill. Is that normal? I hope I get a fill that big. I have read on here that people get frustrated because a lot of Drs give such small fills the first few times that it takes three or more fills to feel any restriction. I have heard that some docs will only do 1cc or 2ccs. Keep us posted and let us know if you have restriction when your back on solids.

lbndoc, Did you get any restriction from your 3cc? I also got 3cc two days ago. Nothing. I feel just like before. I feel like my stomach is a sieve and I feel like I could eat anything. My band is a 10cc band. What's yours? I didn't look at the needle, but you're right, it didn't hurt hardly at all (I'm a pain wuss).

I think my doctor will be on the conservative side also, but 3cc is not an uncommon first fill. I should be so lucky...:smile2:

trisha

my fill dr says he will only do two CCs at the most. =( Its gonna take me foreverrrrrrr to get restriction if you guys dont feel anything with 3. And after the first fill he does them even smaller. Maybe to get more $. More fills =more $. lol

I think I do feel something, but I'm not really sure yet.

Last night, we went to Outback with friends. I ate a whole cup of Soup and about 1/3 of an order of mashed potatoes. In my life pre-band, I could have eaten that along with a full entree. I didn't feel any pain, but I did feel satisfied and no longer hungry.

This morning, I made my normal 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites, 1 oz cheese, 1 oz ham. I put it on my plate, then immediately moved half of it to hub's plate. I ate 2/3 of my remaining half and I'm stuffed (thirsty, but not hungry).

I have felt the ate too much feeling a couple of times before the fill. I didn't like that feeling and it sort of scared me (and pissed me off). It was the first evidence I've had that things are gonna change. I can't keep eating just because I want to. That powerless feeling is why I got the surgery, so that it will no longer be my hungry brain's choice.

I have not had a PB, but I've had lots of air burps. I also haven't slimed, so I must be following the rules mostly ok.

It would be wonderful if this is the right restriction for me. That needle was very intimidating and I'd prefer to never see it again. Still don't know why it didn't hurt!

Willowcat, hopefully your fill will kick in today.

Pennreporter - I think my doc is on the conservative side as well, or at least a middle of the road kind of doc. You may be surprised. But didn't you say your doc left fill in at surgery? That may make a difference. Mine was empty.

headin_to_mexico, My fills/unfills are "free" for one year from my surgery. I'm not scheduled for another fill for three more weeks. I don't think I can wait that long though, at least not with this level of hunger still. I feel nothing from my 3ccs. My husband thinks that my doctor spreads out the fills so much to save money on his end--this way he's not doing as many fills/unfills in one year's time. The upside of all this is that I'm losing some weight. Still I can't stand to be this hungry all the time. The only thing keeping me sane is the thought that this isn't going to last FOREVER and that there is some light at the end of the tunnel--unlike with a diet that I knew I couldn't stay on for the rest of my life.

Ps. Glad to see you're still here with us. :smile2:

Okay, this is too wierd. I was feeling nothing from my first fill all the way up to yesterday (July 4th) and now suddenly today: "Yep. I had a fill." What a difference one day has made. I didn't do anything differently, but today's meals were smaller (not that they were ever very big) and they lasted a whole lot longer. THIS I can live with! :( Phew! (Still, it just doesn't make any sense from a purely mechanical point of view).

Willowcat, I've been wondering about that as well. I wonder if it has to do with gravity? It takes it a while to work it's way through the "hose" and into the band itself??

I'm glad you are feeling it finally!

Great Job! on loosing 14 lbs. I am a bit worried about getting my first fill in on the 8th. Glad to hear that it was painless and not looking forward to 2 days of liquid unless it jumps starts my weight loss again. That would be a big plus.

thanks again and good luck!

Please keep us posted

Great Job! on loosing 14 lbs. I am a bit worried about getting my first fill in on the 8th. Glad to hear that it was painless and not looking forward to 2 days of liquid unless it jumps starts my weight loss again. That would be a big plus.

thanks again and good luck!

Please keep us posted

LOL.. yup, the 2 days of liquids were good for another 2 pounds! But oh the headache - would rather have the 2 pounds.

Okay, this is too wierd. I was feeling nothing from my first fill all the way up to yesterday (July 4th) and now suddenly today: "Yep. I had a fill." What a difference one day has made. I didn't do anything differently, but today's meals were smaller (not that they were ever very big) and they lasted a whole lot longer. THIS I can live with! :) Phew! (Still, it just doesn't make any sense from a purely mechanical point of view).

So did the restriction stick with you? Or did it go away as suddenly as it came?

So did the restriction stick with you? Or did it go away as suddenly as it came?

Headin_to_Mexico, I don't know! This morning I could hardly eat anything at Breakfast, but this evening at dinner I felt like I could eat plenty. But my meals are lasting longer--4 hours as opposed to 2 hours--so that's something anyway. This whole process is just so weird and not at all as black and white as it sounded when I was researching lapband.

Wow, they were going to give me 4cc today. I guess that is a positive, especially since they only cover for 90 days post op...then you gotta pay for them. But it did not work out, they didn't find it as easy as you guys. I wish they had so that I can begin feeling more restriction thus lose more weight.

i had 2 the first fill and 2 the second fill im back tomorrow for a third fill probably wont be as much this time as im feeling right...