Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Another Vegas Erosion

One of the Vegas Bandsters just lost her band due to erosion.

She didn't have any symptoms and was beginning to gain weight. She went 1.5 years with no fill but felt her port was different, maybe tipped. She had a bruise on her port that looked infected but cleared up, but an endoscopy revealed erosion.

A popular Tijuana doctor placed her band (not Lopez) but they don't know why she eroded since she truly was the perfect bandster. It's not my business to reveal her name or doctor, but we all have the right to know when erosion pops its ugly head.

Sorry to hear this :)

She didn't have any symptoms and was beginning to gain weight. She went 1.5 years

Wouldnt this be normal to gain weight with no fill for 1.5 yrs? Was she going in for a fill to prevent more weight gain and this iswhen they detected it?

Lisa , remember I got a phone call from a bandster friend who was banded by Ortiz at your house in Vegas, she went to Tj and had an endo to find out she had an absess under her port, no erosion however, not yet anyways, but had to have her port removed and the absessed drained for 5 days..but back in November she had to have her flipped port surgically fixed, wonder if there is any connection? Hmmm..

The sucky part is erosion is a possibility, I wonder if it has anythingto do with the Dr.s who preform it or if some people are more prone to it then others, it is obvious from those I know who have had erosion being a perfect bandster not does not stop it from happening. Erosion is something I worry about everyday of my banded life!

I think I win the prize for knowing the most band doctors one-on-one. They all disagree at many levels, but the one thing they agree on completely is that erosion happens. Lopez appears to have the most erosions, but he also has the most patients.

She went 1.5 years with no fill because she was doing great. Then the temporary port problem added to the weight gain made her decide to get a fill. Going to Mexico from here is a major ordeal, kill 2 birds with one stone. That's when he did the endoscopy and found erosion.

I do know that port infection and erosion are related. She didn't mention that though, but since I'm the Queen of Port infections I happend to know that little diddy.

I'm not sure if she's related to the person you're talking about. This is posted on the Vegas Bandster board, so it's not like I'm posting something private. I think we all need to know every thing.

Wouldnt this be normal to gain weight with no fill for 1.5 yrs?
I would think that once you reached goal that you have learned enough about not only your body, but nutrishion and excersize to the point where you have changed your lifestyle, not used the band as a crutch.

That's what my goals is anyway. One of the goals. But since I'm not losing weight, well I suppose its moot.