Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone I was banded on tues 6/30, and everything is going fine so far... I still dont want to eat much but I am trying. I keep Water beside me at all times. My pain is just about gone except for a little gas pain. For me the only thing that helped with the gas was walking and it hurt really bad right after in the shoulder but later that night (in my sleep ) my hubby said I released alot of the gas.:tongue2: anyway, i hope everyone else is doing good too.

Congratulations! I am happy to hear all went well.

I was banded 6/25 and went back to work the afternoon of 6/26. Feeling good, not hungry much either but I'm sure that will pass at some point. :tongue2:

Good luck on your journey!

Congratulations to both of you!! I will be banded on July 28th! Good luck to all!

Congratulations all! Soooo glad to hear that all has gone with for you both! I am scheduled to be banded on July 14th -- yippee!! Can't wait! Will keep you all posted on my progress.

BTW, can someone tell me how I can add my "weight loss ticker" to my personal profile? Been having trouble getting that figured out -- geesh!

Thanks and happy Fourth to you all!!

Lisa :tongue2:

Wilmington, MA

Hi Lisa,

I'm just figuring that one out too. Go to User CP at the top of the page, click, go to edit signature, paste your html ticker info below your name. Then cross your fingers no not your legs, I can't do that right now but soon!!!!!!! Good Luck!

Thanks so much, Millie! I'll try what you suggested and keep all TEN fingers crossed. Oh, maybe I'll cross a toe or two as well!!

Hey -- can I be a part of the July Bandsters group? I'm getting banded in a couple of weeks, so it would be great to communicate with someone who is getting it done soon too!

Happy 4th!!:tongue2:

Hi Lisa,

I see no reason why not. I think everyone getting banded in July 2009 can be a Freedom Fighter! Welcome! The day you are banded will be my first day of my Pre-Op diet. I am practicing now but still having a hard time getting all the Water down while not drinking 30min. prior, during or 60 min. after eating... But I guess it will all become a habit in time. Good luck, Lisa and keep us posted on how you are doing.

hope all goes well for the upcoming surgery's.. I think I am final relieved of the gas and shoulder pain... it took a few days.. I was allowed to start the full liq diet yesterday and I think that helped. last night I had my hubby get me a small vanilla milk shake from mcd since they make it with frozen yogurt. i could only drink no even 1/4 and it was so good. it helped with the dryness of my mouth and throat. My hubby has been such a great help. he got on here and looked up something the night before my surgery. so he could be prepared. he is a firefighter, so today is is first 24 hour back on and he has been calling more today checking on me then he ever does. I did take the kids to get take out from o'charlies tonight and i had the potato Soup i strained it so i would only get the soupy part. It was very good I was so excited when I could not eat all of it, normally i would have the soup at least two of the amazing rolls and the chicken tenders with broccoli cheese rice. I thing there tenders are the best too. A friend of mine says she has a low fat recipe for that soup. so I am going to get it from her to try. lucky I only have to do the rest of week one on full liq's before i can go to purred/ mushes. I did have some hungry pains when I was on the clear liq diet part the last day I was on. but i think that was because chicken broth is sooooo nasty to me. Jello is not my favorite and i hate popcilces...so I was barely eating anything. just drinking alot of Water. :smile2:

Hi everyone I was banded on tues 6/30, and everything is going fine so far... I still dont want to eat much but I am trying. I keep Water beside me at all times. My pain is just about gone except for a little gas pain. For me the only thing that helped with the gas was walking and it hurt really bad right after in the shoulder but later that night (in my sleep ) my hubby said I released alot of the gas.:( anyway, i hope everyone else is doing good too.

I was banded on June 30th also. How are you feeling now?

I'm doing good, a bit sore around the port wound but I understand this takes longer to heal.

How are you coping with the liquid diet? :) OMG on day 3 I was absolutely starving and put slice of bread in my Soup out of desperation. BAD GIRL! I know now, after I had eaten it ( and felt much better) I researched it and was shocked to the core to find out the possible consequences of what I'd done. I genuinely didn't know this, my doctor told me liquids only for 10 day to let the band heal but didn't go into much detail. Now I know why I am a bit worried I may have done some damage so believe me, I won't be pulling that stunt again!!

I was lucky in that I didn't suffer the gas pains or any other side effects that other bandsters talk about and am just raring to go after fighting for over 20 years now to lose weight. I reckon in the past 20+ years I have lost ( and put back on most of it:glare:) around 30 stones!!!

Hope you are feeling well and good luck on your journey.

Hi Fatduck,

Got to ask, what is 30 stones? I haven't heard the expression before. Good luck to you on your new journey! I will start mine July 28th! Take care and no more desperation stunts, ok?

Hi Mil51

30 stones is 420 pounds.:thumbdown:

1 stone is 14 pounds.

18 years ago I lost 100 pounds in less than a year and over the subsequent years I've lost, at various stages, 2/ 3/ 2/ 4/ stones etc, etc. You know how it goes. So I guesstimate that over the past 20 years that lot will probably add up to around 30 stones.

Now I know though that I'm banded, what I lose wil stay off!!!!!!!!! :tongue_smilie: I'm so happy with that.

Good luck on the 28th. It's soooooo worth it

XXX

Hi Fatduck,

Thank you so much for the explanation! I've probably lost and gained at least 30 stones too!!!

I am very excited about getting banded on the 28th! To know that I will not gain the same pounds back again is a God-send!

Good luck and happy journey, may all go well for you!