Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two fills and absolutely NO restriction :-(

I just had my second fill on Monday; am now at 6.5 cc's in my 10 cc band. STILL absolutely NO restriction whatsoever. I had lost 17 pounds in my first four weeks post-surgery, but have gained back 3.5 pounds. I can eat whatever and whenever I want...I always feel hungry, just like before. I'm thinking I'm one of those unfortunate people who will need to be almost completely filled before feeling any kind of restriction. It's just very frustrating because I read how so many of you are at full capacity at around 5 cc's. I really want to feel that restriction...I guess I'm in lap band Hell I've heard so much about. I've stepped up my exercise and eat healthy foods (no fast food, pastries, etc.). I've just been very depressed and wonder if there are others out there in the same predicament...:redface:

I WISH I were in your shoes. I didn't get restriction until May of this year, banded last Aug. Took 7 fills or some such. You are WAY ahead of the curve. Patience; it's a process but it will happen for you!

yes, I am in the same shape I feel so disappt.at times I thought I would have a better weight loss with the lap band.I am so discourage and feel like Iwasted my time with the surgery the soreness and the other stuff I went thought but I want give up .I just want to eat all the time and never, never feel full I can eat anything I want and nothing bother s me I just don't understand that.Is ther any suggestins. from anyone or have anyone been throught this helppppppppppppp?

I too feel the same way. I just received my first fill on 6/30/09. I have a total of 3ccs in my band and feel no restriction. I can eat anything. I have made every effort not to fall back into my bad habits and eat all day. I am really trying to follow the eating plan. No breads, no Pasta. I stock up on sugar free Jello pudding so that I will not be tempted to become a sugar addict again. I have even started exercising. I will not be so dependent on the band for my weight loss. When I get the fill that gets me to the sweet spot I will have a lot of good habits in place.

Take it one day at a time. Set mini goals and make every effort to reach them. Hope this helps.

I know it's discouraging but don't give up. I didn't get restriction till my 4th fill and it has been great. So far it's lasted almost 3 months and I don't see going for another fill for a while.

It's good to hear any encouraging words on this topic because I'm in the exact same situation as the OP. I have an 11cc realize band. I was banded April 17 and I'm at 6ccs with three fills and have almost no restriction. I could eat a whole bagle and not have any problems. I'm finding myself slipping back into some of my old habits and it's very disheartening. I've got my 4th fill appointment next week. That will make 4 fills in less than 90 days of getting my band. The doctor said that since I'm on the smaller side that it will take more ccs for me to feel restriction.