Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Christy: I was so busy typing, I forgot to answer your question! So far I have lost 21kb or 45lbs. I feel that I am starting to come to a halt on the losing though. It seem a little slower so I have to quit watching the scale and exercise more. I started going to the gym 3 time a week this week. I will probably go 4 times next week. I notice that I am stiff after the gym and I never use to get stiff after the gym before.

Where were you banded? How was your experience at the hospital?

Hi Popcorn!

Yes, I am anxious to get my fill done. Please let us know what your experience is like once you get it. It's next week for you, correct? That is so exciting! I hope all goes well.

:tongue_smilie:

Hi All!

I was also banded on Jun 8th. I just had my first fill on Wed. I barely felt the needle and it only took a couple of seconds. I haven't been hungry since the surgery, so I wasn't sure if I should postpone the fill, but went anyway. They put in 4cc. I was on liquids for 2 days, and now have 2 days of mushies. I'm feeling like I did right after surgery (minus any discomfort - I have absolutly no desire to eat or drink anything. Tonight I had half-cup of ricotta with some sauce on it, and I could barely finish it. I stoped loosing weight when I started solids, but managed to drop 2.5 lbs on liquids after the fill. I am afraid when I go back to solids that I might not continue to loose. Since I started the pre-op diet on May 25, I have lost 28 lbs. I'm pleased with that, and hope I can continue to loose each week.

Good luck to all of you!

Joan

Hi Joan: I am still waiting for my fill - July 22. I am starting to eat a little more and have started on the solids. I notice I am not loosing as much as I was. I can hardly wait for the fill. Did you feel the effects of the fill right away or did it take some time?

Hi Joan: I am still waiting for my fill - July 22. I am starting to eat a little more and have started on the solids. I notice I am not loosing as much as I was. I can hardly wait for the fill. Did you feel the effects of the fill right away or did it take some time?

Hi popcorn,

I felt tighter right away, and had no desire to eat for 2 days. After that, I still wasn't hungry, but was okay to eat. I started solids yesterday - very cautiously, as I had stopped loosing (actually gained .5 lbs) when I went to solids before.

Now, I have to be honest, the week I was on solids was a very social one and involved wine and/or champagne several times. LOL. And even though I was on solids, other than english muffins or an occasional chicken leg, most of what I ate was more on the mushie side (tilapia, eggs, tuna). Psychologically, since they looked like real food and not mush, I thought I was eating solid food. I know its important to have more chewy food to loose, so will work at rectifying that this time.

As soon as I had the fill I started loosingf weight and lost 4 lbs in 3 days - 2 the first day, .5 the 2nd and 1.5 the 3rd day. Today - nothing! Sigh...

The fill definately gave me a jump start - or maybe it was just the post-fill diet. Have you seen the 5 Day Pouch Test? Its supposed to help people who plateau. It is similar to the post-fill diet I have, so I can see why several people on this site recommend it.

I'm still so early on the journey, and there's so much to learn how to work the band for me. Most of my excess weight is a result of Portion Control, or eating beacuse its 'there'. Also, I love to cook and entertain, so there was always a lot of food around, and having been raised to eat everything on my plate, and not throw away food (think of those poor starving children in China, India, etc...), old habits die hard.

I'm working hard to evict the Food Fairy who lives in my refrigerator who calls out my name whenever I go by to, temting me to eat. She gets really loud at night - I can even hear her from the bedroom.

This has been a rather long answer to what could have been a simple yes. I have been really lucky so far, not experiencing any hunger (except the head kind), but as you can see from reading the posts on this site, everyone's experience is different, but it is so great that there is usually one or several people who share your experience.

Good luck with your fill. Let me know how it goes.

Joan