Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

july exercise thread

Today w2d2 of Couch to 5 K

Yesterday I ran for 5 minutes. Okay, okay...I know that's not GREAT by any means, but I haven't done it before. I'd gotten up to 3 minutes, then I'd switch and walk, then run 3 minutes...but I just got on and started running and went 1/2 mile.

We got to the gym and I did my arms. Most wedding dresses are sleeveless, unless I want to look like Queen Victoria. So, I really need to work on the arms.

I did the arms 3 reps of 10 for 8 different machines.

DD and DH were still on the elliptical so I got on the treadmill and ran (!) for five minutes, then was done.

They were still on, so I finished the day with a little elliptical.

I felt GREAT!!! I still haven't embraced it like a loved one, but I do recognize exercise is a key ingredient to my weight loss. I've been losing steady, and instead of bouncing 5 pounds, I'm bouncing 1-2. It's a huge difference.

today - spin class w/DH who about crashed - and yes i LMAO!!!

glouc - try some dips, can do them on any chair, bicep, tricep, shoulder routine .. 3X a wk. up the weight w/lower reps as you progress ... you'll be a sexy bride!!!!

Today is a Curves day. I usually have my Bellydance class today as well but they canceled for a double session next Thursday..

YESTERDAY: Walked 5.8 miles. (Funny story - was planning on walking more but came upon an injured baby robin 3 miles in - let me just tell you that it is hard to walk 3 miles without being able to swing your arms because your cradling a bird to your chest. :)

TODAY: Not sure how far I walked (in the hospital on my lunch hour) But kept a good pace and walked for 45".

Yesterday-took a day off from running. Hit the gym and did back workout.

Today-Ran 4.1 miles along the Mississippi. Tonight will be bi's and tri's.

Have a Happy 4th everyone!

today - 30mins stairmaster/20min walk treadmill

have company coming over lots of Water volleyball

taking tomorrow off outside pool stuff

hadn't exercised in a couple days - made up for it today with my long walk for the week.

Today marks the longest I have ever walked at once:

16 MILES !! (4.5 hrs)

Let me tell you - my right foot and knee think I'm still going!

ha~lol

yesterday - 30min stairmaster / 20min walk

today - yoga class / 20min walk / 20min stairmaster

Luluc - I have to tell you I love this thread. Hopefully it will help me be more accountable in my exercise as our 'share food ideas' does for eating. (accountable in variety as well as amount)

Funny story today - So later after the walk I stopped off to run an errand and while getting back in the car - 2 young men standing against their car (next to mine) were talking and 1 of them makes a snide comment about my eating a Protein bar and how eating those don't make you lose weight - maybe I should try exercising. (impressed they could tell what I was eating)

So while loading my car I asked him if he worked hard at being ignorant and insensitive or if it was a natural quality he has developed. I then agreed that eating Protein Bars does not help one lose weight but if you walk 16 miles as I had just finished doing a couple hours before then they help you recover.

Now from their smirks after my statement - I doubt they believed me - but I didn't care - I knew exactly what I'd done and smiled, took another bite and got in the car! :)

hadn't exercised in a couple days - made up for it today with my long walk for the week.

Today marks the longest I have ever walked at once:

16 MILES !! (4.5 hrs)

You are officially my new hero! If I could walk 45 minutes I'd be thrilled. Four and a half hours and sixteen miles...all I can say is "YOU GO, GIRL!"

BTW...who the hell cares what those boys think. You are the queen! I stand (actually, I sit) in awe!:)

Thank you very much - you're very sweet!

BTW if your ticker is up to date - Good Luck tomorrow - You'll do great.

Be awed at the fact that tomorrow you regain control and will be an inspiration to many others!

today i did an hour step class and half hour circuit training

tues: run 3 miles

wed: step class

thurs: one hour boot camp

friday: one hours step class

walk everynight half an hour w/kids

sat: off

sun: run 4 miles

my goal is size 8 levi's by halloween

Luluc - I have to tell you I love this thread. Hopefully it will help me be more accountable in my exercise as our 'share food ideas' does for eating. (accountable in variety as well as amount))

so glad you joined these threads KC~!!

today - 30min stairmaster / 20min walk