Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid / Puree food suggestions

Hello,

My pre op appointment was today...wooo! So many appointments before the surgery but I was able to get them all scheduled for the same day.

Ok, I Dr. diet post op is for 2 weeks of full liquids and 2 weeks of puree. Any food suggestions please....

my surgeon's nutritionist on staff will be giving me some puree recipees so perhaps you can do the same. i will log back on here if he gives me some good ones and share them with you. otherwise try posting this in the "post-op" forum. maybe you'll get more ideas there from those who are doing that diet now.

good luck!!!

This made chicken broth tolerable for me.

I made hot and sour Soup broth.

4c chicken broth,

1tbs chili garlic sauce (but paste is better due to the pepper flakes and garlic floating around with the sauce and can be found usually in the international isle),

2 tbs rice vinegar or white vinegar,

1 tbs soy sauce and 1 tbs rice wine vinegar (optional).

Let it boil and voila you actually want to drink it! LOL I strain it if I use chili garlic sauce, but the taste is all there, PLUS it has salt and a slight kick! I'm actually having it everyday twice a day. I look forward to it actually.

During my 2 week pre-op liquid diet, I did all V8 fusion juice, yogurt, Jello (not red), Protein shakes, crystal light.

During puree stage I stuck to mashed sweet potatoes or yams, fat free refried Beans mixed with salsa topped with fat free cheese, potato soup....

These are the toughest stages, hang in there!

that sounds really good emmylou!!!

It really is believe it or not! I've been trying to think of some other broth type Soup that I could make to jazz up plain ol broth, but I'm kinda stuck on that one.

I asked about being able to have it the first few weeks after surgery and was almost encouraged to have it. I was concerned about the salt/spice part kind of throwing salt into a wound type thing. I was told there wouldn't be any "raw" areas, so I should be good.

Also, the Imagine boxed potato leek soup is like having real potato soup. I just add pepper and a little "fake" salt. YUM!

Lemme know if anyone has anything else!

Oh that was a fun stage.... good thing is your not hungry in the begining..

For liquids i did a lot of cream Soups.. my theory was if its more liquified then yogurt im good. So i did do egg drop Soup and purify it.. and other Soups.

For Mushies, life is getting better.. i took chili and mushed it.. VERY GOOD with some cheese on top. I made some crock pot chicken all day long (my fav recipe) then put it in the processor, again looks nasty but tastes the same... I bought a lot of the chunky soups and just mushed them to be honest. A lot of people do refried Beans and cheese.< /p>

Oh that was a fun stage.... good thing is your not hungry in the begining..

For liquids i did a lot of cream soups.. my theory was if its more liquified then yogurt im good. So i did do egg drop Soup and purify it.. and other Soups.

For Mushies, life is getting better.. i took chili and mushed it.. VERY GOOD with some cheese on top. I made some crock pot chicken all day long (my fav recipe) then put it in the processor, again looks nasty but tastes the same... I bought a lot of the chunky soups and just mushed them to be honest. A lot of people do refried Beans and cheese.< /p>

I'm sooooooooooooo looking forward to having the Hannah red pepper hummus from costco during the purees as well as cream of wheat and maybe even some grits! LOL I could also go for mushed up Wendy's chili. Ahhhhh crap, I need a shake. :(

Thank you for the replies! My 7 day liquid diet has officially begun although I reduced my intake over the past week. My surgery is 7/16---- next week!!!