Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aug and RI lap banders or anyone who cares to make friends

Hello everyone,

I am starting the Lap Band Post Operative testing as we speak. I am wondering if anyone is working with Dr Siva Vithiananthan? I met with him at the Lap Band seminar and he seemed very educated, down to earth, and straight forward and this is why I chose him.

I just finished up all the blood work, and have my sleep apnea test next week, and the rest of the testing throughout the month of July. My Dr said I will then meet with him the first week of AUG to book the Surgery!!! I have the sleep apnea test, Upper GI test, Stress Test, more blood work, Endoscopy, and Psych evalutation and I have to say I am nervous mostly about the Psych Evalutaion and Endoscopy so if anyone could give me peace of mind I would greatly appreciate the support!

I called my health insurance company and they said they cover the surgery as long as the Dr says its neccessary,I called twice just to make sure because I am so nervous lol, I am wondering if I should call again? I wonder how quick all of this is going to happen? I am so excited for the begining of some major changes!

Thanks everyone :thumbup:

Thanks everyone,

Hi!

I live in New Hampshire & am considering the Lap band procedure.

I do have experience having an endoscopy done and, for me at least, it was a piece of cake. I had that taken care of the same time I had a colonoscopy done. For those procedures I went to South County Hospital. I was given a mild general anesthetic.

I had no after effects.

Hope this helps

Jean

I had to reply since each time I checked, there was never a new post in the R.I. folder. I'd expect that since we lead the nation in doughnut shops / capita, and are home to the best clam cakes etc... there would be more of a lapband presence here.

I wounldn't bother checking on ins again, the doctors offices are usually good at this and should tell you exactly what is covered etc...

I work in CT and had mine done there in March. I haven't had any real problems, have gotten three fills and am down about 45 pounds. 20 of that was on pre-op, losing slowly since then, but in a way that's good. Also, I've learned how to cheat to often or I think I'd lose quicker. At times I wanted to prove I could still eat certain items so I could enjoy foods. Overall, I can eat most things but not nearly the qty as before. I'll still have a cheeseburger, but I don't eat the bun anymore. Almost no soft bread. It still comes down to what you eat, but keeps you from a really large meal.

Good luck, feel free to ask questions as you go along. I waited for 1-2 years before deciding and looked at a number of options. Spent way too much time on this web site reading all the downsides also. It does help to prepare you and let you know what to watch for.

Hello, I am so glad to find another August (surgery) person-my surgery date is 8/31/09. I read about support groups for the month/ear of your surgery, but was afraid I wouldn't find one! I am also new to this form of communication and don't know if anyone will recieve this, OR if I can figure out how to communicate this way.I've never blogged before, but have been reading everyone elses comments and I'm dying to jump in and learn. Please let me know if you receive this-

Hello, I am so glad to find another August (surgery) person-my surgery date is 8/31/09. I read about support groups for the month/ear of your surgery, but was afraid I wouldn't find one! I am also new to this form of communication and don't know if anyone will recieve this, OR if I can figure out how to communicate this way.I've never blogged before, but have been reading everyone elses comments and I'm dying to jump in and learn. Please let me know if you receive this-

Hello everyone ,

Thanks for responding , I am not having much luck on this website at all, very suprised. I am so excited for you that you have a date. I have all my appointments scheduled but no date for surgery yet! Please keep me up to date and let me know how everything goes, I will too.

Hi, I'm also getting banded in August. I'm happy to find other people who are on the same schedule. I've already completed all my pre-surgery requirements. Next week I have one more meeting with my nutritionist and then we will schedule my exact date in August. I'm a teacher, so we are trying to get a date ASAP...before school begins at the end of August... Hopefully with plenty of time for healing. Good luck all! :smile2: