Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to the Lap Band Forum

Guest 4anewme

Guest 4anewme

Hello everyone,

I was just curious... I was banded on August 1st of 2005. I have lost 18 pounds and I really feel great. My question though is, I have read all of the posts in Texas and did not see any posting where anyone had there lap band procedure done by Dr. Jayaseelan out of Dallas Texas. I myself, think he is a great Dr. but I was just kind of curious.. Have any of you ever heard of him or anything about him. He's done several thousand procedures but I guess I was just shocked not see any postings by any of his patients.

Guest 4anewme

Thanks, I appreciate it anyway. Hello to you also. I just got my first fill Sept.12th and I am so excited.

Hi, if you click on the "search" icon you can enter the Dr's name and will see mentioned on a few threads.

Welcome and keep up the good work. 18lbs is nothing to sneeze at!

Guest 4anewme

Thank you Karla and good luck to you with your surgery..

Dr. Jay is my surgeon and I think he is great! Not only is he a skilled surgeon he's just one heck of a nice man! He's even come up to McKinney the last two months to attend our local support meeting. This was after he'd worked all day and then had to fight traffic on Central. I think that shows how caring he is towards his patients. He is in my book a wonderful choice and I am very lucky to have found him.

Guest 4anewme

Hi Becky,

I feel the same way. I absolutely love Dr.Jay. I think he is truly awesome. I just had not heard anyone speak of him so I was just a little concerned. I feel the same way, to be lucky to have found him as my surgeon. Wow, you have really lost some weight. That's great. Where are your support groups held and what day and time. I would love to find a great support group.

Yes - when are these support group meetings? McKinney is practically in the backyard for me and I would like to attend.

:]

The next support group meeting is Thursday, September 29, 7:00 p.m. at El Chico's in McKinney. It would be great to get to meet y'all! Come on out...the more the merrier!

Dr. Jay is my doctor also. How wonderful to find a post with other of his patients. He is a fine surgeon but I haven't ssen him personally since my surgery just his PA.

Becky, you are an inspiration to me. Please share info on how you accomplished this. I am sure I am not the only one interested.

Guest miluckey

Yes I have heard of Dr. Jayaseelan. Right now I am in the process of doing the surgery with Dr. J. I was referred by my friend that just had it done about (2) weeks ago. So I hear that he is very good at what he does. But I am very happy now that some else has been treated by Dr. Jayaseelan.

Dr. Jay is my doctor also. How wonderful to find a post with other of his patients. He is a fine surgeon but I haven't ssen him personally since my surgery just his PA.

Becky, you are an inspiration to me. Please share info on how you accomplished this. I am sure I am not the only one interested.

Can you tell me how your consultation went? Things he requires? (Like documentation of past failed diets? How long from your consultation to your surgery date?

Can you tell me how your consultation went? Things he requires? (Like documentation of past failed diets? How long from your consultation to your surgery date?

The consultation was really simple. When you call and make your appointment, they give the website information to go online and complete all your paperwork. It really speeds things up at the appointment. The paperwork is a pretty extensive medical questionaire and it does include a check list of previously tried diets. Once you get to the actually consultation, they will weigh and measure you and the scales will print out your bmi and goal weight and some other information. Then you will meet with the PA who will show you the band and answer any questions you may have and finally with Dr. Jay who will basically go over any other questions not answered by the PA. If you are qualified, they will tell you the steps to follow and these steps are dependent upon your insurance carrier. I have United Healthcare so all I had to do was call the office 2 weeks later to make sure they had submitted my paperwork and then check in with United Healthcare once a week to see if they had received it (this was the longest part of the process for me because we kept getting different fax numbers). Once the insurance had my paperwork, it took about a week & a half to get my approval. I was banded 1 week after my approval. The time for surgery is within 3-5 days post-consultation for self-pay & 4-6 weeks for insureds. I hope this answers all your questions. If not, be sure to PM me for more details.