Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ANyone with Aetna PPO? Do they cover fills?

Hello All :rolleyes2:)

I have almost 7 days to go until I am banded. I was wondering if anyone who gets fills or will be getting them knows if they cover fills or at least part of them? I talked to Aetna today and they sent me a bulletin, but it doesn't say one way or the other if they cover them or not.

Thank you in advance!! :crying:)

Hi I have Aetna ppo it is an 80% 20%. I have topay about $20 for my fills. I did not know what I was going to be charged ahead of time either. The most it would have been about 95 which I figured was not bad fo r every six weeks or so, but $20 is even better. Good luck, it is the best thing I have ever did for myself, hope you feel the same.

Hi I have Aetna ppo it is an 80% 20%. I have topay about $20 for my fills. I did not know what I was going to be charged ahead of time either. The most it would have been about 95 which I figured was not bad fo r every six weeks or so, but $20 is even better. Good luck, it is the best thing I have ever did for myself, hope you feel the same.

Hi Emilie!

Thank you so much for responding!! Mine is 80/20 as well. I know my doctor charges 250 per fill, so I was a little worried I would have to change my doctor to a doctor who is closer and charges 87.00 for a fill. I guess I will find out when I go in for my first fill. But, I should think of one Aetna PPO would cover it, mine should too; 95 for a fill isn't so bad, but 20 is definitely better. I just hope this week goes by fast!! :angry:) I am anxious to get the surgery over and begin healing. Tomorrow will be my 4th day on my liquid preop diet. I know I have lost some weight, but my hubby hid my scales ! :crying: He knows how obsessive I am about weighing. He wouldn't even let me sneak off to the bathroom at the gym, because he knew I would sneak off and weigh !! :rolleyes2::crying:

Oh well!! I will find out on Wedneday. He made a deal with me. So, I can wait until then! :angry:)

Thank you again for responding; it gives me a little bit of hope that maybe my fills will be covered.

I am obsessive about weighing also, I just always keep my results to myself. I am a very slow, but steady looser. I like it that way. Your insurance should cover some of the fills, $250 is a little steep, but worth it still. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. I was nervous as all get out the week before my surgery. Restless monkey is a great resourse. She was a wealth of information for me and still is. Good luck!