Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a fill on my band about 2 weeks ago, and I was doing great. About 4 days ago I stared to get sick. Sore throat, body aches, head ache, fever. The usual.

Then about 3 days ago, a lot of foods I was eating was coming back up. I was able to keep some down.

2 days ago, more foods were coming back up. Making it difficult to even take medications. But somehow I got it down, and kept it down.

Today, forget about it. I can't even keep Water down. After I take a small sip of something, I get a pain in my throat/chest area. I think I might even be puking more than I am taking in.

I don't know if this is because I am sick.

Or for some reason, I don't know how my band slipped.

Has this happened to anyone?

I am worried -- but to what degree?

My doctors office is closed until Monday. :)

I had a fill on my band about 2 weeks ago, and I was doing great. About 4 days ago I stared to get sick. Sore throat, body aches, head ache, fever. The usual.

Then about 3 days ago, a lot of foods I was eating was coming back up. I was able to keep some down.

2 days ago, more foods were coming back up. Making it difficult to even take medications. But somehow I got it down, and kept it down.

Today, forget about it. I can't even keep Water down. After I take a small sip of something, I get a pain in my throat/chest area. I think I might even be puking more than I am taking in.

I don't know if this is because I am sick.

Or for some reason, I don't know how my band slipped.

Has this happened to anyone?

I am worried -- but to what degree?

My doctors office is closed until Monday. :)

They dont have an answering service where the Dr can return you phone call so you can ask him????

OMG that is scarry!

I havent been banded yet, So I cant help you there.

But, I wish you the best....

Have you tried ginger ale or 7 up to see if they stay down? Call your dr. But if you can't keep fluids down I would go ahead and go to the ER after you call your Dr. You don't want to become dehydrated. They should have an after hrs number or answering service in case of emergencies. Good luck and keep us posted.

call your bariatric office there should be someone on call for emergencies, if that dosent work call your PCP and tell them you need to go to the ER. hope you feel better soon

You could also be swollen from all the throwing up.

your surgeon should have someone on call so call his office. he should be able to call you in anti-nasuea medication. I asked the same question at my last appt out of concern for getting a stomach bug...having a young child in school and working in the medical field gives me a lot of exposure.

Are you vomiting or is food not staying down? those are two different things.

I find whenever I get a cold or flu (which in Australia we define as a viral/respiratory illness, not a stomach bug or gastro), my band gets tight - not to the point of not being able to keep food down for me, but still MUCH tighter. That doesnt mean its stomach flu. Are you truly nauseous, do you have diarrhoea, etc? If it IS gastro, I'd recommend an anti nausea medication to prevent vomiting, as such violent vomiting can hurt your band. Bandsters should keep medication like this to hand in case gastro ever strikes.

But pb'ing due to tightness caused by illness is a bit different. In that case, just stick with liquids until you're a bit recovered.

Hope you feel better!

You could also be swollen from all the throwing up.

I tried seltzer, and ginger ale, no luck.

I went to the hospital, the hospital my doctor works out of, so they have a lot of trained nurses and doctors in this area.

They told me that because I had been sick, and vomiting, I may had put a strain on my stitches inside. Causing my band (which, after 6 months had finally reached my "green" comfort zone.) to swell, and become too tight.

They did an x-ray, and everything is where it's supposed to be.

I didn't realize how thirsty a person could get.

Thank you all so much, I went to the hospital with a little reassurance that I hadn't slept. :thumbup: