Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kicked in out of the blue!

Can the band just kick in out of the blue???

I am not talking about restriction.

I am talking about just weight loss??

I have had the most amazing 3 days in a row.

I am a scale-aholic I weigh myself at least 2x in the morning & sometimes at night. ( I know how wrong that is but I just can't seem to stop it-unless I am on vacation) I have been at a plateau for at least 5-6 weeks constantly gaining & losing the same 2 pounds. Up & Down Up & Down. I haven't changed anything in my routine-except a trip to vegas where i did consume alot of alcohol. Which typically isn't in my diet at all.

Well the past 3 days everyday my scale has gone down a FULL POUND. I have lost 3 1/2 pound in 3 days. I know its not alot or earth shattering but I haven't seen the scale pass 229 in sooo damn long & this morning it flashes 225.5! I almost didn't believe it!! I am happy but hesitant.

Can this happen all of the sudden?? Is this how its going to be a platuea for weeks & than a loss of 3 or more? Iam not complaining but just praying that it keeps going down at a steady pace instead of a repeat preformance.

Oh how I would love to be under 200 before my Birthday.

Yes, yes, yes!! This IS the way it happens, and thought it's said repeatedly no one ever believes it until it happens to them.

You're not weird, you're normal. Now everyone else who's reading this, REMEMBER THIS POST so the next time you're convinced you're doing everything right but not seeing results you can take comfort. Weight does not come off steadily, it comes off in chunks. :)

Congratulations, Kathy!

I've had this happen several times... I'd lose a pound and gain a pound and so on!! It was a definate plateau. It went on for a few weeks and wame it went away..and theweight started dropping again. i think that your body is just getting use to the weight it is at so it sits there for a while till it adjusts to your new weight. Your doing great girl keep it up!!

I participate on another board where they call that a "whoosh". So congrats on your whoosh!!!!!! My doc said this too, that losing weight is like stair steps and not a steady decline. This is how my weight comes offf too. Nothing for a while then this incredible free fall of a couple pounds. It may have been your trip to Vegas because sometimes eating (and drinking) differently shakes things up in the ol' system and causes it to let go.

Great work Christine.... aka "Kathy" :)

Jammie, sweetheart, I can't believe that you lost 66 pounds in 6 months and still hit plateaus???? Now I really am going to go cry over my measily 3 pounds.

Send those Kathy congrats this way...I do the same thing!! Up and down and up and down and whoosh! exactly that. I'm waiting in the wings for my whoosh that will happen any day now. I want square under 195 ... I have been doing the 197-196 range for a few weeks now. That's exactly the way it happens! Congrats!!

I'm not losing more often than I am losing, but then I lose a few lbs in a matter of days. I've lost about an inch and a half around in the last week, but no weight, so I'm hoping that the scale is going to "bounce down" here for my soon again. I've been bouncing the same few lbs for about a month now. To be honest, I don't believe a new 'low' weight until I've 'bounced down' to it a few times. Like when I my scale first said 225, I had to see it for a few days for it to be 'official', you know? lol

Congrats, Christina! What a great feeling, aye?!? Enjoy it - you've done great :)

Marimaru, that's exactly what I do lol. Its only official for me if its stayed that way for 3 days or if it's on the doctor's scale, cause my scale is fickle (or maybe its my body? lol) That said, I do the happy dance on the first day and go back to look at my goals for that week/month lol to see if I'm ahead of track (which I never am).

Christina, I have had the same thing happen to me!! Then Iget to do the happy dance when it finally hits!!

Keep up the good work all, we will all be those cute healthy looking hotties next year!! ( maybe some of you will be for the holiday parties this year) haha

Christina -

Congratulations!!! The same thing happens to me. Funny thing is that I always drop 3 or 4 lbs. the week after Aunt Flo visits!!! Then I hold steady, up one pound down one pound until the week after she visits again. I'm beginning to look forward to her visits just to have her leave!!! LOL

Good job,

Tricia H