Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Magic Bullet

Okay, there used to be an entire thread on the Magic Bullet but I cannot find it. Does anyone know what's going on with the Search button? I can't seem to find anything anymore!

Anyhow, my sister had one in her pantry so I didn't have to buy one. Going back, I would not have spent the money. It's a great little machine, easy to use, easy to clean, convenient, all that. BUT, for the $60+ I don't use it that much. I don't use it at all anymore. Save your money. Get a little personal blender with a totable cup and lid. Someone found one at Wal-Mart for less than 20 bucks. Maybe less than 15? There was another thread on that but I'm not attempting again, my luck has been so bad with the Search button. The full-liquids/mushies stages go by so quickly. Yes, you need something to blend your food. But unless you are one to yank out all the cups, blades, lids, etc and put it to use in your kitchen for other things, nah. That's what I think. :)

I love mine, I got it on Ebay, I use mine frequently, for my Optifast shakes I still drink and to make my hunny's Protein shakes and smoothies for my daughter.....

Also used it to scramble up the eggs to make them Breakfast since I am not on foods yet, just full liquids etc...

I like it better than my blender cuz it is smaller and easy.......

I'm pre-band (scheduled for Oct 10) and purchased the Magic Bullet a few months ago. I love it and consider it easier to use than any other gadget in my kitchen.

I'm pretty sure it was DeLarla who found a neat, less expensive version (Hamilton Beach maybe?) at Walmart for less than $15, I remember because I made a mental note to myself to look for it the next time I'm shopping there so I can pick up one to keep at work.

I think either one would be worth the investment. As I understand it, after each fill you go on 2 or more days of liquids followed by a couple of days on mushies ... and this makes life much more convenient.

I have an 8 yr old who loves fruit smoothies, and it's one way I can help him get in all of the necessary daily servings. We love to try different combinations banana with strawberries, or peaches, or applesauce, etc with splash of milk and OJ.

Can't go wrong!

It was delarla that found the Hamilton Beach one at Wal-mart, for $13. I also bought one and LOVE it. It has a lid with a spout, you blaned whatever you are going to drink/eat and pop on the drink lid and off you go. I make smoothies for Breakfast all the time. I also use it to make "propel slushies" I freeze propel in an ice tray and then add the propel cubes and the remainder of the propel into my blender and then give them a quick zap and it makes a great no calorie slushie/icee drink. I love my little $13 blender. No magic Bullet needed. ~Mandy

It makes great guacamole and salsa too. :)

The Magic Bullet would be great for early post op since it mushes everything. It doesn't really chop very well, everything ends up soupy. I would vote for the cheaper Wal-Mart version.

I truly appreciate your guys feedback. I am still not sure which to purchase. I have always wanted a magic bullet, but it is pricey. And if it truly does not chop. Either way I have to purchase via the net. I live in a po-dunk town, we have a Wal-mart but it never has anything. I think I might try the Hamilton first. Does either one puree foods? I don't know, for some reason I am in a indecisive mood! LOL Most the female in me! LOL I like the idea that with either one you can make and go. I am very very busy so I need something like that.

Thanks for your help everyone and I CANNOT WAIT TO BE ON THE BANDSTER SIDE OF LIFE!!

Annie

I just ordered the magic bullet and it was shipped out on 9/15 so it should be here anyday now. I think it will be neat to have. I like dips and stuff and mixed drinks. My doctor said that I should give up Diet Pepsi and I did. I am NOT and I repeat NOT giving up MARGARITAS! That would just be downright cruel. My magic bullet will make my magic margaritas..cha,cha,cha,!!!