Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The food that you can not imagine eating again?

The food you can not seem to stay away from, though you know you should?

Your favorite food right now?

Your favorite recipe?

I can not imagine eating chinese and mexican ever again. I had fried chicken last night(breast, whitemeat, skin off) and I feel terrible. I did try to stick to potatoes and salad.< /p>

chocolate and Starbucks will kill me.

My favorite food right now are roll ups. Lunchmeat and cheese rolled up and cut into 3rds. I eat 2 pieces of cheese and 2 pieces of lunch meat this way and I find it very filling and a way to get my Calcium and some Protein in.

As for favorite recpies I am at a loss, hoping for some good ones!

Edited by mominkansas

1. Can't imagine eating a brownie ever ever ever again. I tried one a few weeks ago... took two bites and PB'd it right back up. Definitely not something I'm trying again. Actually I look at them and automatically feel a little queasy... probably for the best!

2. Eh I don't so much have one of those. I have found that I can eat most things in moderation as long as I am careful. I have not had any issues "needing" to eat anything in these past couple of months since banding. My main issue is not drinking after I eat. I can manage before and during. But I get thirsty after. Grr.

3. My favourite at the moment is roast beef from the deli at Whole Foods. It's about 3094304 times better than any roast beef I've ever had. I pack it for lunch a few days a week along with some snow peas (yum).

4. I don't know if it's a recipe or not... but it's kind of like a chicken quesadilla without the tortilla. Marinated shredded chicken, melted cheese, jalepeno, home made salsa. It satisfies my flavor kick.

The food that you can not imagine eating again?

The food you can not seem to stay away from, though you know you should?

Your favorite food right now?

Your favorite recipe?

I can't imagine eating beef fajitas again. I could probably get them down now, but it was the offender in my first and worst pb episode. I fear them.

I have trouble staying away from ice cream!! I craved ice cream with both of my pregnancies, and now because I know it goes down so easy and is so yummy - I have trouble with that.

My favorite food right now is Colby Jack cheese. I just like to cut off a chunk and eat it slowly. It fills me up pretty quickly, and I just love the way it feels and tastes. Simple, I know.

I don't have a favorite recipe, but that one in a previous post looks delicious (quesadilly w/o the tortilla). I'll have to try it. I haven't been cooking much - I need to start!!

1. A favorite food that I will not eat again is fresh baked biscuits and boy is it hard not to. I work in a kitchen with fresh baked biscuits every morning, but everytime I give into temptation I regret it big time. I think I have learned my lesson.

2. A food I am having a hard time giving up Peanut M & Ms. I get the little fun size bags and limit it to one.

3. The food I am living on right now is Kroger brand light string cheese, high grams of Protein for the kcals. My snack is unsalted peanuts in the shell. Gives me some Protein as well as it takes time to shell the peanuts so it automatically slows down the eating.

4. Don't really have a recipe, infact, I don't want "real" food right now, I would probably enjoy it too much and fall off the wagon.

3. My favourite at the moment is roast beef from the deli at Whole Foods. It's about 3094304 times better than any roast beef I've ever had. I pack it for lunch a few days a week along with some snow peas (yum).

Addelapp5,

That must be SOME roast beef! I like the comparison to other roast beef! I'll have to try it. This, coming from the girl who hasn't eaten red meat for 17 years...yes, 17 years. Was banded June 1st and had BEEF Jerky last week. Mmmm....it was good! Thanks for the tip on the Whole Foods deli meats :thumbup:

I will never have a Coke again! I'm a Coke Fiend and I know if I have even one sipe I'll be back to my old addiction. I used to even drink coke for Breakfast. I wonder if there is a 12 step program for Coke feinds?

I'm doing pretty good staying away from junk right now but I'm only 3 weeks out so we'll see....

Favorite food right now is BBQ skinless chicken thighs. Yum! and I buy the steam in the bag broccoli/carrots/califlower. Perfect meal. I know it's not a recipe but heck I don't cook.

1. I can't imagine eating real NY style pizza again... I can't do any doughy breads.. they just ball up and I get stuck.. Miserable feeling!

2. I'm having a really hard time giving up the chocolate! Cookies, ice cream, candy... you name it. I can even eat brownies... it's not good!! :)

3. My favorite foods right now are nuts, cottage cheese, and chick-fil-a nuggets, and cheese enchiladas.

4. I don't really have a recipe, but when I get a craving for italian (no pizza or pasta) I get about 5 of the frozen meatballs, cover with spaghetti sauce, add some ricotta cheese, and mozzarella and heat. YUMMY!!:thumbdown:

1. I can't imagine ever having another carnation instant Breakfast ever again. They were the staple of my pre and post op diets. Just the idea of one makes me queasy

2. Every once in a while I have to have a reeses cup. I don't have a terrible sweet tooth but when that chocolate fix calls me I gotta have 1

3. And as far as recipes go I've got a recipe for a killed taco dip that I'll happily pass along to anyone who wants it. It's not exactly healthy but it's great to take to summer picnics. I've been making it for years and I get asked to specifically make that for almost any party that I go to.

4. Bandsters must have similar tastes cuz I eat colby jack cheese almost daily. I also do the roll ups with lean deli meats and cheese. I also highly recomend the chicken bacon ranch salad at mcdonalds. I get grilled chicken and the viagrette dressing. I was surprised you could get such a great salad there. It's saved me from making poor food choices a bunch of times.

Edited by JENNIFER7375

1). I cannot handle popcorn. I tried it twice since being banded, thinking maybe it was a fluke the first time I got sick. NOPE. I've never PB'd. gotten stuck, or slimed but my body just has trouble digesting certain foods. Popcorn is one. I had stomach cramps for hours afterward. So, I've made peace with Popcorn. Goodbye old friend.

2) I have this thing for Hot Tamales. So, sometimes I'll get a box and have my husband ration 5 out to me per day.

3) Definitely mozzarella string cheese. I just love it!

4) As far as favorite recipes, I like to make roaster chickens so I can use the leftover chicken for salads during the week. I put my chicken in an oven bag with carrots, onions, celery. I put salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, and a little honey on the chicken. Add a little chicken stock to the bag then I put in the oven for 1-1/2 hr depending on the size of the chicken. Comes out moist and yummy:smile2:

1. I don't think I will ever be able to eat Cinnamon Rolls, sasauge gravy and biscuits, or pizza Hut Deep Dish pizza again. I have been steadily trying to think of a replacement for these items but have come up with nothing.

2. I can't get away from ice cream, probably because it goes down so easily. I don't have much of a sweet tooth thank goodness.

3. Yesterday was my first day of soft foods and I really have been enjoying soft boiled eggs with salt. I love making my deli meat and cheese rolls and on occasion dip them in mayo.

4. When I am feeling like I want to eat kinda bad I make a philly cheese steak with out the bread using steak ums, onions, peppers, and cheese wiz...believe it or not it really tastes the same. I love to make chicken salad with mayo, finely chopped cranberries, and small apple pieces.

***anyone able to eat think crust pizza from pizza hut??***

I try to eat anything. If it goes down i'm okay with it. I tried pizza only can eat the toppings. candy goes down easy. Starbuck latte once a week. (bad) meats really easy just chew, chew, chew. You just can't eat much. What I found at the chinese resturant that go down easy is steam fish and mapo tofu. Taste great. I still order sushi but found out I can only eat the top no rice. Waste money. I stop doing that. But I do miss it. Remember Protein first then veggies and if you have room starch or fruits. Usually no room. Good Luck

Quite honestly, there is probably NO food that I will never eat again.

Well, apart from liver, lol.

I can eat anything, some things are harder than others but if I really want it, I can eat it.

I dont enjoy foods like Mcdonalds, KFC, pizza etc. I just dont like them. So i couldnt care less if I never ate them again. But they do sneak into your life now and again, especially when you have kids.

But things like Cookies, chocolate, ice cream, wine, good cheeses, it all fits into a healthy balanced lifestyle in moderate amounts. I dont believe in cutting out anything.

1. Can't imagine eating steak again. The only steak I really like is filet mignon and I'm not about to spend big bucks for something only to discover I can't eat it!! Had shredded beef once and that was enough of that -steak would be pretty similar for me I think.

2. Can't stay away from Tastefully Simple Chai (it's my one indulgent thing).

3. Favorite food - a lean burger with fat free cheese - no bun.

Favorite Recipe: A smoothie I have for Breakfast sometimes - 6 oz of pineapple juice (individual can) 8 oz. fat free vanilla yogurt, 1/2 c frozen strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1/2 scoop vanilla Protein powder.

Asked my NUT about the smoothie who said it was fine but to watch portion size. It makes 16 oz. I go for a fill Wed and will check on that.

I've discovered the things I used to crave and binge on (chips, chocolate) just aren't as much fun since I can only have a small bit of each. Guess it wasn't only the food that I loved, but sitting down and eating large quanities was a big factor in my "enjoyment." Boy that sounds so weird to type!! It's almost like "Why bother???"

Edited by bambam