Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

I did not say I have no sin I am the most imperfect person I know and the first to admit it but I see no use in bashing a dead man

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE??? YOU make the choice to come on here and get all upset. MOVE ALONG.

You must be the type to go into a titty bar and complain about all the naked women. :thumbup:

People like Rita need to learn how to pick their battles. Why come onto a thread with a name that is as obvious as this one's is and then complain about the content?? Makes no sense at all.

Like me, Beth :thumbup: haha lol

I must admit a lot of things said are really funny :thumbup:.

I think a lot of the MJ-Hater haters miss the point that we DO respect their opinions, which is why I created a place to bash the guy. I didn't go into their love-fest thread and start preaching, cussing, and wagging my finger at them.

What happened to that thread anyway? Is it that the tv/magazines/newspapers/radio/ covers that part every-fricken-time-you-turn-around?

I don't like him, and care nothing about him resting in peace. If I thought his kids were reading this and crying their eyes out over something I said, then I'd feel a twinge of guilt over hurting THEM. Not his fans, not his memory, not his siblings, etc.

Point is...I don't think the kids are reading this, and if they are we haven't said anything here that wasn't said hundreds of times over in the past 2 decades by the same media who worships him now.

I needed a place to get away from it all, and honestly didn't expect people to hate ME for hating him. (Lovely irony in and of itself).

But, damn, it's been fun. I like a good argument, I just wish they were GOOD. This stone throwing crap is getting old.

Can we switch "yo momma" insults? Maybe that would freshen the arguments up some, huh?

I think a lot of the MJ-Hater haters miss the point that we DO respect their opinions, which is why I created a place to bash the guy. I didn't go into their love-fest thread and start preaching, cussing, and wagging my finger at them.

What happened to that thread anyway? Is it that the tv/magazines/newspapers/radio/ covers that part every-fricken-time-you-turn-around?

I don't like him, and care nothing about him resting in peace. If I thought his kids were reading this and crying their eyes out over something I said, then I'd feel a twinge of guilt over hurting THEM. Not his fans, not his memory, not his siblings, etc.

Point is...I don't think the kids are reading this, and if they are we haven't said anything here that wasn't said hundreds of times over in the past 2 decades by the same media who worships him now.

I needed a place to get away from it all, and honestly didn't expect people to hate ME for hating him. (Lovely irony in and of itself).

But, damn, it's been fun. I like a good argument, I just wish they were GOOD. This stone throwing crap is getting old.

Can we switch "yo momma" insults? Maybe that would freshen the arguments up some, huh?

So funny on the "yo momma" comment. I've been following your thread (breaking off with momma) but did not jump into it. Nope, cannot insult yo mamma....but, have lots to say about my momma who I divorced in 1995.

I agree, felt good to vent on this thread. No intention of flinging crap at any posters. One of the reasons I do not visit "Rants and Raves" very often. Always seems to be a "bible beater" in the wings just a waitin' to abase. I believe there is a higher power and I do have some morals. Just don't want to be preached to for an opionion that does not match theirs. :thumbup:

:thumbup: Yeah, growing up I never had Your Momma jokes, I always had My Momma jokes. No one out beat me. lol...

I am with you 100% on the morals/higher power. That's what kills me the most. They act like they're saving some lost soul who needs it. Um, I'm okay, thanks.

I don't hate you Glo :) You can hate whomever you want...even me :wub: Everyone is intitled to your opinion! I also hate it when people thump the Bible on my head! My hubby and I call people like that Jesus Doers (Like Evil Doers) lol...I am off to the hospital for my son's surgery, but I'll try to check in later if he's doin well!!!

I don't hate you Glo :) You can hate whomever you want...even me :wub: Everyone is intitled to your opinion! I also hate it when people thump the Bible on my head! My hubby and I call people like that Jesus Doers (Like Evil Doers) lol...I am off to the hospital for my son's surgery, but I'll try to check in later if he's doin well!!!

Best of luck to your Son, Holli!

It's never fun to watch a child go through anything like that.

HH

Ya know, Threads like these are nice.

They are TOTALLY off-topic with respect to the original forum content, but you kinda get to know people in threads like this. I tend to avoid getting to know people in forums, because it sometimes makes it more difficult when you have to tell it like it "is" in other areas of discussion. But, I have found that I really like many of the people here. I even like like some of the people that you might not THINK I would like.

I actually had a long response to this MJ thread pretty much completed, because I have some personal experience with him. I worked for many years in the Music industry, and Motion Pictures/Television, and I know a lot of people who knew and worked with MJ. But, writing it all out became a little time consuming, and then I would have to spend the time responding to responses, answering questions, etc.

However you feel about Michael Jackson, it does seem to be a hot-button for people on both sides. He did some good stuff; he did some bad stuff. Both good and bad, he did it on a HUGE scale.

But regardless of where you stand on the issue of Mr. Jackson, you HAVE to admit:

some of the jokes are funny as hell. :wub:

HH

Edited by Headhunter

What does that even mean?! Pass the hookah, maybe I will get it.

Sorry, all out... as you can probably tell. *ahem* *cough,cough*

THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE??? YOU make the choice to come on here and get all upset. MOVE ALONG.

You must be the type to go into a titty bar and complain about all the naked women. :wub:

OMG now that is freakin hilarious!! :crying::lol: Almost spit my G2 Blue all over my nice State Issued monitor. :)

Aww, c'mon. The stone throwing is a legit argument. Some of us can cast stones at those others who cast stones, but yet should not cast stones because they are sinners. However, does one not know that by simply casting stones you are committing sin? Ugh.. it's very complicated. Reserved only for those with a direct line to the Almighty. :crying: I have it in my Blackberry BTW.

Seriously though, I do believe in the Almighty. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGION. It's man made. Anyone dispute that?? I didn't think so.

I am off to the hospital for my son's surgery, but I'll try to check in later if he's doin well!!!

I'm not sure of the details, but any surgery sucks with kids! I'm sorry that any kid has to go through any procedure and process like that.

Ya know, Threads like these are nice.

They are TOTALLY off-topic with respect to the original forum content, but you kinda get to know people in threads like this. I tend to avoid getting to know people in forums, because it sometimes makes it more difficult when you have to tell it like it "is" in other areas of discussion. But, I have found that I really like many of the people here. I even like like some of the people that you might not THINK I would like.

I actually had a long response to this MJ thread pretty much completed, because I have some personal experience with him. I worked for many years in the Music industry, and Motion Pictures/Television, and I know a lot of people who knew and worked with MJ. But, writing it all out became a little time consuming, and then I would have to spend the time responding to responses, answering questions, etc.

However you feel about Michael Jackson, it does seem to be a hot-button for people on both sides. He did some good stuff; he did some bad stuff. Both good and bad, he did it on a HUGE scale.

But regardless of where you stand on the issue of Mr. Jackson, you HAVE to admit:

some of the jokes are funny as hell. :wub:

HH

:eek: Shocker alert: I LIKED his music. I really did...then he got weird and I like weird quirky, but insane weird - not so much! :) And, in all honesty, I wish the VERY best for his kids, and hope that they turn out all right.

Sorry, all out... as you can probably tell. *ahem* *cough,cough*

I knew it!!!

OMG now that is freakin hilarious!! :crying::lol: Almost spit my G2 Blue all over my nice State Issued monitor. :crying:

Aww, c'mon. The stone throwing is a legit argument. Some of us can cast stones at those others who cast stones, but yet should not cast stones because they are sinners. However, does one not know that by simply casting stones you are committing sin? Ugh.. it's very complicated. Reserved only for those with a direct line to the Almighty. :crying: I have it in my Blackberry BTW.

Good! I have sooo many questions...!

I did cast stones when I was a kid...at the apt complex laundry room wall, which was one big window. All us kids were throwing them. One kid threw a big 'ole boulder kinda thing and the glass wobbled...then I threw a tiny, tinsy-winsy pebble and the whole glass shattered to hell. Mom was PISSED.

So, I do have stone throwing experience...I started young.

Seriously though, I do believe in the Almighty. I DO NOT BELIEVE IN RELIGION. It's man made. Anyone dispute that?? I didn't think so.

Oh, Lord....what did you do there? :) You know who THAT will bring.