Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I don't care: A Michael Jackson Rant

It still just boggles my mind that so many people cry and get all lathered up over ANY celebrity. Unless you know them personally, how can you really know that they're worth the tears?

All this for a dancer/singer/performer? WTH?

Beth, I love your statement about treating him like a god when our real heroes get treated badly - can I steal that and put it on my FB??? :)

I work with a bunch of people who are oohing and awing over it. The TV in the cafeteria has been swamped all day.

I was called "Texan" by someone here. Um, that's not a bad thing.

note: funny you should mention "happy meals", Beth. I suspect that they were the preferred cuisine in MJ's bedroom.....:)

That and "Jesus juice." Don't forget the beverage. :)

Los Angeles Mayor Asks For Donations To Fund Michael Jackson Memorial : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

There ya go...sucks! Like I said before...a few times lol...I am a fan of his, but all of this is rediculous! (sry sp). If my husband passes all the army does for him is provide a metal casket and some honors...music...salute...where's our soldiers 3.6 million dollar memorials!? To expect all tax payers to pay for it regardless of how they felt about him or to ask for donations for people is crazy....maybe all the celebraties that went to it and sung at it or spoke should foot the bill!!!

Beth, I love your statement about treating him like a god when our real heroes get treated badly - can I steal that and put it on my FB??? :)

Be my guest, Glouc. :)

What bothers me is how true it is.

OK I thought it was pretty grandious like most of you but I caught the tail end of the service when his daughter spoke and it brought tears to my eyes. I guess in the end he was still a good brother, son and father to his kids even with all the controversy.

I was at work in the convelescent home today and my client watched the whole 2 hours of the memorial, so needless to say, so did I. Through it all, I couldn't help but get teary eyed for those who did love him, like his children and mom and brothers and cousins. They obviously knew him like the public didn't. Whether he was a child molester or not, no one really knows for sure. Either way, his was a life that was lost and whether he is in Heaven with his creator or not certainly was up to his decision on whether to believe and trust in the Savior for his entrance. I hope he did. Just like I would hope that all do. When I really contemplated the whole scene at his memorial, I thought about how this just brings the reality to the world that ALL die eventually and it doesn't matter how much you have, it's not what makes for peace and happiness, you can't take it with you, and it can't save your soul. I can only hope he believed in Jesus.

OK...this entire memorial thing really is a circus. Just heard on the news that the Ringling (sp?) Bros. Circus is waiting in the wings to get into the arena immediately after MJ's service. How appropriate is that?

The reason the ringling brothers circus was waiting was because before michael died, they were actually going to have the circus there today. They already had all the animals and everything there. So when whoever decided to have Michael's memorial there, the circus was kicked out at the last minute and had no where to go. I saw the elephants walking down the street on the news! LOL

Of course there is always going to be huge controversy over this story. People either think he was innocent or not innocent. In my opinion, you don't share a bed with a child unless they are your child no matter what. And what "innocent" person invites a child over for a party anyway? Yes I realize he had issues revolving from when he was younger because of his father BUT because he earn't so much, he would of been able to afford the best therapist and possibly get that resolved, right? I think he was a good singer, I won't deny that. But as a person I never liked him. People go on about the fact that he was aquitted with the latest trial so that automatically deems him innocent? What about the previous case where he actually paid off the family?

I'm sure he could have afforded the best therapist money could buy. But the problem is he didn't think anything was wrong with him. The majority of mentally ill people don't think there's anything wrong with them, so they see no reason to get help.

I'm also wondering how much this is costing California, a state that can't afford a happy meal, much less this circus.

I read a blog where they estimated around 4 million (shutting the streets down, incresed police presence, etc). Gotta love Cali.

I was called "Texan" by someone here. Um, that's not a bad thing.

Hells yeah!! The may be a lot wrong with our state, Rho, but at least we can legally carry handguns! Yee-Haw!! *dances a little jig and shoots pistols into the air*

OK I thought it was pretty grandious like most of you but I caught the tail end of the service when his daughter spoke and it brought tears to my eyes. I guess in the end he was still a good brother, son and father to his kids even with all the controversy.

I know I cried too! That was so sad

Of course there is always going to be huge controversy over this story. People either think he was innocent or not innocent. In my opinion, you don't share a bed with a child unless they are your child no matter what. And what "innocent" person invites a child over for a party anyway? Yes I realize he had issues revolving from when he was younger because of his father BUT because he earn't so much, he would of been able to afford the best therapist and possibly get that resolved, right? I think he was a good singer, I won't deny that. But as a person I never liked him. People go on about the fact that he was aquitted with the latest trial so that automatically deems him innocent? What about the previous case where he actually paid off the family?

I had already posted about that. The kid that he paid off just came forward and said his father made him say all those things and that it never happened!

I read a blog where they estimated around 4 million (shutting the streets down, incresed police presence, etc). Gotta love Cali.

Are you KIDDING me???

Omg, only in california -- the land where they pay out money hand over fist to illegals to the tune of $6 BILLION a year, AND pay for this clown's memorial. :biggrin:

Hells yeah!! The may be a lot wrong with our state, Rho, but at least we can legally carry handguns! Yee-Haw!! *dances a little jig and shoots pistols into the air*

Okay, note to plain: Doing that little finger gun thingie is NOT shooting pistols in the air. And it is not scary. So cut it out. Now. You look ridiculous, man.

I had already posted about that. The kid that he paid off just came forward and said his father made him say all those things and that it never happened!

Well....to be delicate, what else can the guy really say? There were other witnesses that stated MJ behaved inappropriately with the boy (not saying that inappropriate = molestation, exactly, but ya know....).