Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd/Third - Follow Up Fill Experiences

Same to you, SM. You are doing fabulous. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll do as you say and listen to my body. Still not hungry but I'll make sure to at least eat dinner tonight!

Thanks, Mac! Another thing I have done when I've had very late nights and I've only gotten two meals in and not enough Protein and calories is have a bedtime Protein Shake. I mix my own Sugar Free Chocolate shake and add a little crushed ice, mix it in the blender till smooth, and it is fabulous. It's easy to get down, and it's full of goodness.

HTH! :blink:

That's a great idea! Thanks, SM!

I just got back from my third fill, with a different doctor because my surgeon was on vacation. This doc wasn't as experienced, and he ended up having to stick me 4 times before he got the needle in the port.

He said he gave me 0.5 cc, but now I'm beginning to wonder if he gave me anything! (There was some confusion as to how much was actually in my band to begin with, so I think he may have gotten the numbers mixed up.) I just don't feel any kind of restriction. :tongue2: I made a double Protein shake this morning, thinking I'd have half for Breakfast after the fill, half for lunch. Well, I ended up drinking the whole thing for breakfast because I was still hungry after the first half! Usually I feel something.

BTW, Maclynn, I asked him about eating when not hungry, and he said you can either eat a little something to stay on a schedule, or you can skip that meal and go to the next. I personally like the idea of listening to your body's signals.

Thanks for checking that out for me, SM. I like the idea of listening to my body also. I'm starting to get a little hungry today so I think it was just a post fill thing.

Sorry to hear you didn't have a good fill experience. I've been really lucky so far. Hopefully you'll feel some restriction soon!

Wow good to hear you are all having some of the same problems I have had had. I had restriction after my first fill but not quite to green zone yet. Went in for my 2nd fill and suddenly I had NO restriciton even though I was supposed to have more. So suddenly I was starved all the time. I called the doctor and went back in and they measured and said I had the right amount so they added 1 more cc, so I am now up to 4 cc, I have a LITTLE restriction but near like I was before fill 2 if that makes any sense at all. They said I had likely lost fat between band and stomach... So I go next week for a 4th fill to see if I can get back to where I was 2 weeks ago..

Ugh! Isn't it frustrating? :tongue2: I knew going into this that the diet and lifestyle changes would be really hard, but I didn't expect the fills to be so annoying.

Hey all! Funny story again for me with another fill. The first time he took some air out and the 2nd time he did the same thing. For some reason, my band has been very tight and I was having problems even drinking. I'm happy to report I can finally drink again!!

My question is do any of you get flu like symptoms hours after the fill? This has happened to me both times! The frirst time it happened about 6 hours after the fill and the 2nd time it was WAY worse but didn't happen until exactly 21 hours later.

It's horrible for me and it's causing me to dread my next (non) adjustment!! I get a headache, nausea which makes me throw up (or have terrible dry heaves) and hot/cold chills. It lasts for about 6 hours. Then I'm fine again! It's so strange! I have 6 friends with lap band and none of them have ever had this problem.

Thanks for your input. :-)

Jennifer, I've never been nauseated after a fill, but I can imagine that anything that messes with your stomach (such as tightening of the band and subsequent swelling) could make you nauseated.

Hope it doesn't happen again!

I had my second fill yesterday. It was done by the Physicians assistant. He had trouble finding the port must of stuck me 10 times. By the end I was concerned that he would cause a leak. Anyhow he put another CC in. Apparently I had 3 CCs from surgery 2 ccs from my first fill an now one more for a total of 6. I really wish he had given me 2. I still have very limited restriction. I am gonna really work hard this month though. Switching to low carb that always works well for me and I like the food so hopefully that will galvinize some loss..

Had another adjustment yesterday (8/25/09)....5cc. Ended up being too tight. Had to go back first thing this morning and he took out .25cc. Now it's good. total = 6.45 cc. :)

Going in for a un-fill tomorrow. I just had my third fill last Thursday and I have had three PB's since. I was truly careful and still no luck. I chewed till my food was paste and after, only, three bites I started to feel it in my chest and knew it wasn't good. So my doctor will see me and remove just a tad. I will say that during my PB's I was cursing this band, but I know it was just the pain talking.

Going in for a un-fill tomorrow. I just had my third fill last Thursday and I have had three PB's since. I was truly careful and still no luck. I chewed till my food was paste and after, only, three bites I started to feel it in my chest and knew it wasn't good. So my doctor will see me and remove just a tad. I will say that during my PB's I was cursing this band, but I know it was just the pain talking.

I feel your pain & know the feeling. I had the same happen Tuesday. Went back first thing Wednesday morning for .25cc removal.

You are doing great. Keep it up........