Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd/Third - Follow Up Fill Experiences

John, thanks for the kind words. My weight loss has been slow and steady and I am very happy with it.

I had my little unfill today and tomorrow I can start eating again. We will see. But after those few PB episodes I am almost scared to eat again.

Hey, Happy birthday, John! Too bad you had to go in for an unfill on your birthday, but better that than be miserable! And congrats on your awesome WL! Only 20 more lbs? WOW!

Meem, so happy to see you on here! Sorry to hear about your third fill. Glad you got some relief. Hope you are doing well. Keep up the great work! :biggrin:

I need to schedule my fourth fill. Although chicken and red meat have a tendency to get stuck unless I eat mini-micro-bites, I am still getting hungry every 2-3 hours, which isn't fun. And, I can eat large amounts at one sitting (1 1/2 cups) before feeling full. I'll probably schedule for later this week.

I get my third fill on the 8th I am really hoping that gets me close to my sweet spot. I am finally getting some restriction. Lost a little weight but nothing big. I fell of the exercise bandwagon for a few weeks but started up again yesterday. Hopefully that will kick start some movement on the scale.< /p>

Hey Ann,

The fourth fill may do the trick. It did me. I had just .25cc put in on Friday but am now satisfied with 1/2 cup a food three times a day. Beef definately doesn't like me but I have a few chicken dishes that I am able to eat. Best of luck with your next fill!

Just reading the various posts.........Everyone is doing great and really paying attention to what is eaten.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.................:frown::thumbup::P

Thanks, Mac! I hope 4's a charm. I'm already up to 7 cc's in a 10 cc band, which is making me nervous that I'm running out of room! :P

Thanks for the encouragement, John! You're a fabulous inspiration! :frown:

Hello everyone. I just had my third fill on Monday, and I think this one might have done the trick. My first fill and second fill was 2.5 cc's and my third one was 1.5 cc's putting me at 6.5 cc's. With the first two fill's I had not felt any restriction at all. Now I feel like I finally have some.

I feel like for the last 3 months I didn't even have the band. Although I lost about 10lbs before surgery and 13lbs the 1st week after surgery I've only been losing 2-3 lbs a month for the last three months. But as of yesterday I have lost 30 lbs! Yeah! That also put me in WONDERLAND, YEAH!!!! Today I weighed and I have lost 2 lbs in just 2 days, I know that will not continue, but I am hoping that I will finally start losing the average 2lbs a week that I have been hoping for since surgery.

Hallelujah, Hallelujah! :thumbup: I'm 4 pounds from Onederland, and I cannot wait!!! Glad you are finally feeling some restriction. Keep up the great work! :mad:

I just had my 3rd fill-- but the dr said he was giving me a "small fill" this time because I had lost 10 lbs this month. However, I lost the weight mostly at the beginning of the month due to my previous fill. I'm not sure what to expect now-- I hope I continue to lose with this fill.

I feel like I can eat much larger amounts than recommended, but i try really hard to measure and not over eat. The doc said I might not need more fills for a while if I keep losing, but I have a feeling I should be tighter than this. I suppose I'll have to wait until next month and see how it goes. . .

Right now I eat 1 1/2 cups of food approximately and am hungry after 2 1/2 to 3 hours. How about everyone else? Do you measure your food, or do you just feel it with your band?

How long are you satisfied between meals? My doc says goal is to be satisfied 4+ hours, YET he said he didn't want to fill me too much or I'll have trouble eating different foods???

I've only PB'd about 4 times since being banded.

I just had my 3rd fill-- but the dr said he was giving me a "small fill" this time because I had lost 10 lbs this month. However, I lost the weight mostly at the beginning of the month due to my previous fill. I'm not sure what to expect now-- I hope I continue to lose with this fill.

I feel like I can eat much larger amounts than recommended, but i try really hard to measure and not over eat. The doc said I might not need more fills for a while if I keep losing, but I have a feeling I should be tighter than this. I suppose I'll have to wait until next month and see how it goes. . .

Right now I eat 1 1/2 cups of food approximately and am hungry after 2 1/2 to 3 hours. How about everyone else? Do you measure your food, or do you just feel it with your band?

How long are you satisfied between meals? My doc says goal is to be satisfied 4+ hours, YET he said he didn't want to fill me too much or I'll have trouble eating different foods???

I've only PB'd about 4 times since being banded.

Bevan, I am in the EXACT same boat as you. I had my 3rd fill 2 weeks ago and my doc only did a small one because I had also lost 10 pounds in a month. But I explained to him that I have no restriction and am doing it on willpower. I could easily eat 1 1/2 cups as well and am hungry within like 2 hours after. But I try my hardest not to eat that whole 1 1/2 cup. Sounds like we have a lot in common at this stage. I don't go back for my next fill until October 22nd, I don't know if I'll make it that long like this!:blushing: But best of luck to you, let us know how it goes for you!

Hi guys,

I too felt I was eating too much so I scheduled a fill earlier than what the doctor had recommended my next visit. I had that fill last Friday and I think I'm finally there. A half cup of food keeps me full for four hours. Last night I think I put a little too much in my bowl and maybe had a cup of food but mainly the past week has been a half cup. And it help break the plateau I'd been on. I think I may now be in the green zone and will schedule a next appointment in about three months if I continue to be satisifed with this amount. Good luck to you all!

Bevanfranks and carrie, I am in the same boat as the two of you! I can eat about 1 1/2 cups of food and I get hungry in about 2 hours! I just rescheduled my 4th fill to bump it up to next week (Tues, 9/8). I have had to do that with every fill, and my doctor is fine with that. He says it is best to listen to your body's needs rather than try to wait it out for weeks when your next appointment comes. He says that's when people start slipping up on their good eating habits.

He said that being in the green zone should allow me to go 4-5 hours without being hungry. I'm looking forward to that day! :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm going to give this fill 2 weeks, and see how long my food sustains me. If it's not long enough, I"m going to schedule my 4th fill. The only problem is that if I lose much, he won't fill. It's kind of a double edged sword! Of course I want to lose, but . . . ugh!

Lisa

Thanks for the replies. It's good to know I'm not alone. I'm going to give this fill 2 weeks, and see how long my food sustains me. If it's not long enough, I"m going to schedule my 4th fill. The only problem is that if I lose much, he won't fill. It's kind of a double edged sword! Of course I want to lose, but . . . ugh!

Lisa

Lisa, that's too bad. I've heard a lot of people say that their doctors won't give them a fill if they lose too much. I've lost about 12 lbs. every month, but the fact that I can eat so much and still be so hungry is what my doctor focuses on. Next time you go in, you should really emphasize how miserable it is to be so hungry in between meals. Good luck!! :smile2:

Lisa, that's too bad. I've heard a lot of people say that their doctors won't give them a fill if they lose too much. I've lost about 12 lbs. every month, but the fact that I can eat so much and still be so hungry is what my doctor focuses on. Next time you go in, you should really emphasize how miserable it is to be so hungry in between meals. Good luck!! :smile2:

You are really lucky to have that doc Ann! my doctor won't do a fill before October because I lost 12 pounds in August. I'm so bummed. I don't think he's listening to my concerns.