Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd/Third - Follow Up Fill Experiences

Just had my third fill today. An additional .5cc was added. Total now is 6.25 cc. It was explained , once you're in the zone, the fills are minimal to keep up with the stomach shrinking.

Since my last fill ( 6/16/09), I'm down 5 lbs.:bored: Back to fluids today and mushie tomorrow......Down 2 lbs since last Friday.

Edited by John337

That's super fab, John! Tell me, since you already had good restriction with your second fill, why do they do a third fill? My doc said if I had good restriction and continued weight loss, he wouldn't do a fill again until my hunger gets to be a problem and my weight loss slows down. I guess I don't know what you mean about keeping up with the shrinking stomach. (And we all know how different doctors are! :bored:)

Cheers!:thumbup:

That's super fab, John! Tell me, since you already had good restriction with your second fill, why do they do a third fill? My doc said if I had good restriction and continued weight loss, he wouldn't do a fill again until my hunger gets to be a problem and my weight loss slows down. I guess I don't know what you mean about keeping up with the shrinking stomach. (And we all know how different doctors are! :bored:)

Cheers!:thumbup:

Thanks Ann,

As it was explained to me, as my stomach shrinks the Band gets loose. Same as tightening up your belt a notch. Up until three days ago, I was feeling good restriction, then I lost that feeling and could eat a little more and was starting to feel hungry within 5 hours of a meal. So to keep me in the zone, I got .5cc s. Two weeks ago, the same .5cc was too tight and I couldn't even swallow Water. I had a Protein shake for lunch today and it went down fine. I can feel that restriction again.

Thanks Ann,

As it was explained to me, as my stomach shrinks the Band gets loose. Same as tightening up your belt a notch. Up until three days ago, I was feeling good restriction, then I lost that feeling and could eat a little more and was starting to feel hungry within 5 hours of a meal. So to keep me in the zone, I got .5cc s. Two weeks ago, the same .5cc was too tight and I couldn't even swallow Water. I had a Protein shake for lunch today and it went down fine. I can feel that restriction again.

Oh! That makes total sense! Thanks, John, and good luck! :bored: I'm only able to get about 3 hours of good satiety, then I have to drink lots of Water and distract myself with whatever I can. I'd love to have 5 hours.

Cheers!

Had my first "stuck" experience Sunday.......Not Good !:tongue2:

The message is - CHEW, CHEW, CHEW...Then CHEW again.

It was my own fault. Bringing up that piece of chicken was not pleasant but you get instant relief. Not wanting to do that anytime soon.

Oh, I hear ya, John. Been there myself. My surgeon's assistant told me to try not to bring it up but to rather sit there until the feeling went away. Was eating meatloaf last night and it got stuck. Tried her suggestion and oh, man, it took forever to go down! And I was hungry!! When will I ever learn to take smaller bites and slow down? :thumbup:

I haven't had a fill yet, John and Spidey, but I really am having a tough time remembering to SLOW DOWN , TAKE SMALL BITES, and CHEW. Also I find myself going for a beverage WITH my meal..and then I suddenly remember that NOW the Fluid won;t make the food go down.

Old habits die hard and some of us learn the hard way.

Even pre fill, I get that huge baseball in my chest..horrid feeling. ALso I get the hiccups, and then when the food goes past the band(I can feel it going through) the hiccups stop!..Eating too fast.

Interesting, singing, I've never heard of bandsters having trouble with hiccups! Yes, old habits die hard! :thumbup:

Spidey...Meatloaf(I love it and just made one an hour ago for the house minus your's truly). I find I cannot eat beef at all, and also tuna even though it is doused in Mayonnaise to go down easy. If I want to have a meatloaf, I have to cook it with ground turkey! Canned salmon goes down nicely. Same stuck feeling with chicken breast and tilapia fish in the Forman grill. However, if I get shaved deli chicken breast it is ok.

I was just amazed this afternoon how I can smell a food one day and want it, and a few days later, the smell of that same food makes me nauseous! Strange, this banding business.

Hey John, you are doing good. I'm trying to keep up with you, but its getting harder to lose wieght. 66 pounds is awsome! :eek:

Hey John, you are doing good. I'm trying to keep up with you, but its getting harder to lose wieght. 66 pounds is awsome! :)

Thanks.......

These adjustments are crazy......I lost that restricted feeling....Yet I have 6.25 cc's in the band. Didn't lose one pound last week. Not happy.....I like to see results,,,even small steps. However, I'm in it for the long haul. The good news is my clothes are still getting looser......First time in YEARS, I'm wearing a large golf shirt and it fits nice and loose. I was a XXL.

You're doing great yourself.......Great hat by the way......:)

Had another adjustment today. Dr. Fielding added 1 cc. Total is 7.25 cc's. Now I feel restricted. Took me an hour to drink a Protein drink.

Strange thing - I weighed myself Monday and didn't lose a pound in two weeks. Weighed in at the Doc's office and lost 2 lbs....Very excited. I haven't been this weight in ten years. :smile2:

Sweet!!!! What lapband do you have? I have the AP 10cc one, I got my first fill 8 weeks after my banding, it was 3cc. Surgeon only does them every 6 weeks, I was out of town and had to wait 8 weeks. My next one is Aug 19th, I feel I didnt gain anymore restriction with first fill. I wonder how much it takes just to fill the tube connecting the port and band. Did you notice a difference after your first 4cc fill?

Sweet!!!! What lapband do you have? I have the AP 10cc one, I got my first fill 8 weeks after my banding, it was 3cc. Surgeon only does them every 6 weeks, I was out of town and had to wait 8 weeks. My next one is Aug 19th, I feel I didnt gain anymore restriction with first fill. I wonder how much it takes just to fill the tube connecting the port and band. Did you notice a difference after your first 4cc fill?

I have the AP 10 cc band. I was told approx 1 cc fills the tube from the port to the band. The 4cc first fill did nothing for me so I called the office and they took me the following week for my second fill ( 1.75 cc's). Now we were feeling restricted. It's funny, once you lose a few lbs, the band gets loose. I asked the Doctor today where he felt based on my situation where I would probably settle in on the fills. He thought over the first year I will settle in around 9cc's.

You're doing good....Keep it up. Try and get an earlier appt if you feel no restriction. The worse he could do is say wait till August.

Hey everyone, monday i had my 3rd fill and i think i have too much in there but i am not sure...i can eat somethings, but others are different. everyone had this problems