Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just curious: What and how much do you post banders eat?

I'm attending my seminar soon, hoping to have surgery by end of summer- -I'm just wondering what a drastic change it'll be. What and how much is you typical Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Snacks?

Ajnd do you get nauseous if you eat too much?

Thanks!

Marci

I'm sure you are going to get quite a wide variety of answers to your question. For me, Breakfast is a few spoonfuls of Special K Cereal, dry. lunch is 1 to 2 ounces of Protein such as egg salad or leftover fish. Sometimes a slice of bread. dinner is 2 ounces of Protein. If I have a snack it is usually sugar-free instant pudding and fat-free Cool Whip. All eating stops by 7pm to avoid acid reflux. I eat vegetables and fruits maybe twice a week.

I have been banded since Sept. 4, 2008. I don't regret it for one minute. I have lost 83 pounds. It is a miracle for me. Best of luck to you in your lap band journey.

Wow, so no wonder I am overweight.. The food you listed is like a snack for me right now, lol!!!!! Good thing surgery is the 24th of July...

Seriously though, good question and thanks for the insight.. I am guessing you have found your sweet spot?

Breakfast for me is quite varied - often about a half cup serve of oatmeal (I dont use packet stuff), good granola, or a high fibre Cereal like Allbran (but I prefer the lower GI cereals like granola with nuts and stuff in them). I *sometimes* have a piece of toast with Peanut Butter. This morning I had half an avocado and some macadamia nuts. I get full quickly at breakfast but usually half an hour after my cereal I'll slice up an apple and try to get that down while I do stuff like dry my hair - just to get the fruit in.

lunch is often a sandwich - I can eat a sandwich if I use thin sliced wholegrain bread and cut the crusts off - which makes it quite small. I will use fillings like tuna, lettuce, Tomato, sprouts and cucumber, or ham and salad vegies. I also like Soup for lunch - usually homemade Soups of lentil/veg varieties. On the weekends we might break out a few gourmet cheeses, some chilli jam and crackers. Very very occasionally I have something naughty like a meat pie (aussie thing).

dinner again is way varied - last night we had roast pork - here pork is a lean cut of meat if you buy the right one - baked in the oven with mashed sweet potato, steamed corn and broccoli, tonight I'm using up the leftovers in a casserole, we eat stirfries and a lot of asian style food, I always cook dinner from scratch from fresh ingredients, never rely on packet, convenience foods for dinner and I always try to serve 3 veg with it. I love my slow cooker and am a bit of a gourmet so I go to quite a lot of effort.

I like a glass of wine at night, just one and in between meals I might eat some fruit and usually once a day I'll have a cookie or a small bit of chocolate or somethink like that. I drink Water and instant coffee or tea with a dash of milk.

I think its usually about 1500 to 1800 calories a day which maintains my weight nicely and I lost well on 1500.

I run for 40 minutes to an hour a day.