Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

I just had my Lap-Band surgery 8/02/2005 with Dr. Terracina (Va) and so far I have lost thirteen pounds. He had "installed" the banding with 1cc of solution which may have given me a jump start. However, I know my stomach capacity holds more than the half cup I was expecting. I go in for my first fill on the 31st of August and was informed by his nurse that I will definitely feel the difference. I am ready! I see that HarleyNana has also had her surgery at the Weight Loss Surgery Center, for me, I cannot express how at ease these professionals made me feel about the entire process. I do not have insurance and paid all expenses up front. The surgery was out-patient which was GREAT! Those who had the bi-pass had to stay almost a week--that alone should tell ya something about how agressive the procedure was.

For me, exercise is still difficult to begin. I really need help in this area. My feelings are that I need to lose some/more weight before I begin. I know excuses, right? lol. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all and let you know if anyone has questions I will happily share my experiences about this procedure. I know I have made the right choice.

Hi there~ :Bunny

Congrats on your surgery & your 13 pounds loss already!! You're doing great.

I'm still pre-op, but I hear alot of people have the hardest time getting into an exercise routine after surgery. It does take awhile to get some energy. I think one should start off slow. Don't push yourself too hard. Remember, you just had a major surgery. Maybe do a little walking outside, ya know, little things like that. It will give you some extra energy, then who knows in a couple of months you'll have energy you wouldn't think you'd ever have.

You're doing fine. :)

Again, congratulations!

Welcome! Nice to meet you! Congrats on your surgery! I think that exercise is the hardest thing to get started. I am 8 months out & i just now (2 days ago) started a exercise routine. Just take it slow & easy!

Hi Wlecome and congratulations

Hope you have lots of success with your band :)

go in for my first fill on the 31st of August

August Of next year?

Hi, congratulations on your decision and success!

I thought most docs installed the band without any saline. To give the stomach time to adjust to the band alone. Then 1st fill might be 6 weeks post op?

I've tricked myself into thinking the same thing about excercise, I'd like to lose more weight before I start an excercise routine. But, for me it's more of a problem with my self concious. I don't want people to judge me on how big I am, and 30 more lbs or so and I'd have a better opinion/outlook on myself. I'm also hoping the additional loss of weight would give me more energy, and make excercising that much easier.

My only piece of advice is, since you mentioned it in your post it sounds like it is something you are concerned about. If you can, invite a friend to start excercising with you - you'll be able to help and encourage each other. At the very least, take walks at night and slowly increase the distance you are going. I believe there is currently a "Fall Weight Loss Challenge" thread, and I know there's a "Exercise Challenge" thread... read some of those postings to see if anything clicks.

All the best,

Thanks for all the "welcomes" and comments. I have to admit I am relatively new to this site and had posted the above comment on the Virginia bandsters thread. Thought I should place it here since this is where everyone was.

I have the large banding and the Dr. said they were trying something new with the 1cc 'installation.' Since then I had four more ccs added on 8-31, but two weeks later I was calling the office -- panicked. I still had no restriction at all and experienced hunger pangs about every three hours.

I even went so far as to "test" the band. I ordered Dominos pizza. The 3 for $15.00 deal. Well, one went to a friend (I knew it was dangerous to keep it in the house) and the other two I ate. Granted it was the thin and crispy kind. I've always called them the diet pizza's anyway. Even so I had finished them both within 12 hours. I was freaked out and pretty upset that the band wasn't working.

I went back for another fill 9/14/05 (lost 17 total) and am now up to 7ccs and feeling GREAT! No more hunger and filling up quickly. WHOYAH! Now that the band seems to be working I can contemplate exercise--maybe after another ten pounds ;-))

Hello! Glad that you have the restriction that you need to get going with the band. pizza from Domino's?. That was my first job at age 15 until I finished college at 22. I can't look at Domino's pizza anymore LOL! I ate so much as a teen. Again good luck!

Guest filly21_67501

howdy, to all. I am a new bandster this month. Sept 1st i was banded. I have lost 30 pounds since then. I would like to get to know more of you. It good to know we are not alone. Another question is how do yall get that messuring thing on your post. Good luck to you all