Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the great welcome!

I had my surgery this past Monday on the 12th, got out of the hospital the next day and have had a good recovery. I had really bad pain the first three days and getting up and down out of bed was really tough until I figured out how to do it....(crawling in on my knees was better than laying down the usual way.)

I'm having trouble getting used to the horrible taste of crushed medicine in liquid. Does anyone have any tips? I just about don't even want to take them, except that they are really important.

One great thing: My doctor, Dr MacAlexander in Oak Ridge TN ordered a really great anti nausea band for me and I was only queasy a slight bit yesterday after I over did in the heat. He is a great doctor, very thorough and careful. The name of the band is Relief Band, and it sends a little tingle to your nerve in the wrist, which is the Chinese Acuppresure point to prevent nausea.

Thanks again for the great support. Do you always have to crush your medications forever?

Dani

Banded September 12th 05

Dr Mc Alexander

Oak Ridge TN

I'm having trouble getting used to the horrible taste of crushed medicine in liquid.

When my son was having his chemo and had to take alot of pills, I used to crush them and put them in a bite of Jello and it slid right down, and since Jello is a clear liquid it is safe for you to take so soon post op. Once the swelling goes down from surgery you should be able to take your pills, but once you start getting your fills it is tougher to take med so either get in liquid form or crush it and put it in a bite of pudding, jello, or applesauce. I take liquid tylenol with 1.5 cc's in my band the pills got stuck no matter what I put it in..any antibiotics I have to take I ask for liquid form. Hopefully some of the meds you are taking now, once you lose weight you will no longer take them if they are for high blood pressure or diabetes or cholesterol..many people once they lose weight no longer have to take pills daily other then an antibiotic, tylenol when needed. I take chewable Vitamins also..COngratulations to you on your new band, I hope you have lots of success. I'm happy to hear you had such a pleasant experience :)

Guest Peppermint Patt

Hi ! I just had my first fill and and doing better. A little scared becouse I lost 26lbs the first 2 weeks then gained it all back by the time I got my fill. I have almost lost it all again and don't want that to ever happen. I feel I need some support so, here I am. I have so much to lose and fear it will take forever. I also got so depressed the 3rd week. Didn't know what to do with out food. I hope I can meet some friends.

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome and the advice everyone. Peppermint Patty, I am sorry that you gained back that weight. That would be so upsetting.

Hope you are feeling better about things now. Have you gotten over your depression?

I haven't gone through that "What do I do with my feelings stage"

Probably because I belong to a 12 step group and they help you to learn how to deal with your feelings. I feel bad that you are going through all of this.

Did your Doc send you to nutrition classes and are you in a support group at the surgeons office?

I was lucky, I am going to my first support group next week.

Hang in there

How was your fill? I haven't had that yet, am still eating the last week of liquids.< /p>

Danistar