Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with the small amounts of food? I am!

We were just talking about this at our last support meeting - grieving over the lack of volume of food we can eat. It's not that we aren't thrilled that we can survive on less and be physically satisfied, it's just after years of 'bad' eating habits, it is sometimes hard to get our minds around not having all the variety and volume on our plates at a meal (especially when out at restaurants when others are eating what they want). So last night I was PMS'ing, which causes me a day or two of extreme mood swings and ravenous 'mental' hunger. I wasn't physically hungry, but I wanted the leftover spicy asian chicken from Wendy's that was in my fridge. I didn't even take the time to get a knife or heat it up. I chewed real good, but I ate WAY too big of bites on a full stomach. I even started to feel there was going to be a problem, and kept eating 'cause I just WANTED to eat it all! Now I know what getting stuck and sliming is :lol: ! Luckily my friend (who was banded the same day I was) just gave me some Papaya enzyme, and that helped within about 5 minutes of chewing 3 pills. So, while most days I'm doing great and love this band, I'm still challenged with my mental food issues! :thumbup: Good luck to all of us!

I am sure this is just because I am a newbie, but what is PB'd?

in all honesty, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MY FIRST FILL!!!!! I have the opposite. I have a confession to make, bread has been really really hard for me, yet I was able to polish down 2 slices of pizza and 1 peice of cheesy bread before I felt full, And I ate it at a snails pace!!!!!! it wasn't until I PB'd that I realized, OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO?!?!?! Certain foods, I still have restriction with BUT pizza? !?!?!?! I get my fill on friday, and I'm gonna confess to what I did..... I think a lot of it has to do with bandster hell, but I'm so ashamed today

PB is a 'Productive Burp' and it's what happens when food gets 'stuck' above your stomach pouch, and comes back up with saliva. :thumbup: There is no bile, because the food never made it into your stomach. It's kind of like a baby spitting up their food when they are fed too fast.

Thanks for your reply, Mamadot. Makes me feel a lot better to know that this particular topic is being discussed in a support group. Means I am definitely not alone. *whew*:thumbdown:

Hey Ann, I haven't had my first fill yet, I was supposed to get it on the 17th but had to go out of town for a family funeral. My fill has been rescheduled for July 2nd. Can't wait!. Anyway I had 2 slices of pizza the other day, and it was so good. I started thinking how bummed out I would be if I would not to be able to eat the whole thing. I even wanted to eat more. I didn't stop because I was full but was using self restraint. I know the band will help with the physical part, but what about that emotional "I want to eat part" I wish they would come out with a band for the brain! I am hoping once I get my fill, that the "nothing taste as good as thin feels" mentality will kick in! That and actually losing weight might help also. I have been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks now.

Hallelujah Girl, If you ever figure out how to develop the 'Brain Band' - I will be the first in line to buy one! You would be a BILLIONAIRE!!!! LOL :thumbdown:

Count me in also! Cuz I definitely need a brain band!