Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated with the small amounts of food? I am!

Ugh! Sometimes I get so fed up with the tiny amounts I can eat. I just had lunch and really wanted more to eat, but I was so full, I couldn't. It made me sorta angry. I wanted more variety! Anyone else feel this way?

I didn't eat more, but I really wanted some Jello or applesauce or fruit or something else. Yet I knew that although that might be small and healthy, I was full already. I used to think that being able to eat just a tiny amount would be way cool, but now I'm sorta bummed. I really don't get past the Protein and a tiny bit of veg/fruit most times.

Just another mind hurdle to get over, I guess... *sigh* :(

Edited by SpideyMom

I know exactly what you mean! I was running around cleaning this morning and made some egg whites with salsa and fat free mozz (yum) and I kept re-heating them because I never sat down to eat them...well then when I finally did eat them, I ate them too fast and they got stuck. TMI but I threw them up about 30-60 sec later. I was really bummed! I think I am still getting over just mentally WANTING to eat...not that my body necessarily needs what my mind WANTS, does that make sense??

I know just what you mean! Sometimes I felt like those cartoons that showed an angel on one shoulder telling a character to do a good thing while a demon on the other shoulder would encourage the character to do bad. The mental hurdles are hard to conquer, but seem to be getting easier.

in all honesty, I CAN NOT WAIT FOR MY FIRST FILL!!!!! I have the opposite. I have a confession to make, bread has been really really hard for me, yet I was able to polish down 2 slices of pizza and 1 peice of cheesy bread before I felt full, And I ate it at a snails pace!!!!!! it wasn't until I PB'd that I realized, OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST DO?!?!?! Certain foods, I still have restriction with BUT PIZZA?!?!?!?! I get my fill on friday, and I'm gonna confess to what I did..... I think a lot of it has to do with bandster hell, but I'm so ashamed today

wow I'm a little surprised and taken aback from the first couple of comments. I understand there's a mental thing to get over, but I would assume you would have been able to get over that before starting you're journey. And by the way I'm not putting anyone down, with all do respect I just don't understand your views on this. I would think that you would be happy and excited to be able to just eat your Protein and a couple bites of veggies and be full. I mean that's the whole point of having the surgery right? I was banded on 5-8-09 and had my first fill on 6-10-09 and I have absolutely no restriction. I am killing myself trying to stay on track and not eat everything in site. I think I'm doing a pretty damn good job so far but I would give up anything right now to be able to have the type of restriction you guys are having. Just stay focused and ask yourself would you rather be in your shoes, where you actually feel full or in mine where you're killing yourself making sure you're not over eating.

Sarahbellzz I know what you mean, I actually had pizza the other night and after having two sqaures I left the room and went outside cause I know I would have eaten a few more. It didn't seem to bother me at all. After everyone was done I went back in and had some veggies to fill me up.

wow I'm a little surprised and taken aback from the first couple of comments. I understand there's a mental thing to get over, but I would assume you would have been able to get over that before starting you're journey.

Hmmm.... let's see... 40+ years of food issues... get over them in the two and a half months before surgery.... hmm.... Nope! don't think so!

I'm having the opposite problem as well. I haven't had my first fill yet though, not until Monday. But anyway, I am never full! It's so hard to stop after the small amount I know I should be eating. I made turkey tacos the other night and stopped at one with a very small helping of Beans. But I felt like I could have eaten 2 more tacos! I am really hoping that my fill will help me get fuller quicker. I don't think once I reach restriction that I will have a hard time dealing with the small portions, but only time will tell.

Hang in there Ann! I'm sure we'll get used to it soon.

When you want to eat more & can eat more because you don't have the proper restriction yet, that's the "Bandster Hell" people write about. Even with the band, that hurdle is just like with any other diet we've all been on, but it is temporary. Just think about all you've gone through to get to this point. You can do this!

I know what you mean also. I am ok most of the time eating small portions but every now and then, I would love to eat a little more like when my husband makes ribs. Latley I could kill for a big mac but being healthy is way better.

I must say though at 4 fills, i can't eat much of anthing but pizza goes down just fine.

Thanks, vonhelzing, for understanding what I mean! Today at lunch, I was only able to eat 1/4 cup of lentil Soup. Sorta takes the joy out of eating sometimes! Yes, I'm thrilled that I have restriction and I'm eating less, and I'm ecstatic that I am losing weight!!!! Just sometimes want a little bit more than 1/4 cup of Protein. Just being honest. :(

I know how you feel. I can eat very slow but it doesn't change the fact that I'm eating very little and those around me are eating normally [and then some]. I can take my time as much as I want but I'm STILL the first to finish.

If variety is bothering you, look up recipes. The 3rd or so week after my surgery I was going insane over the limited foods I was able to eat because I was just getting tired of the same tastes.

Recently I was looking foward to my first fill because I thought I was eating entirely too much for only being 1 month out [about 6oz. per meal] and I finally got my fill and now I wish I didn't. :(

I know what you mean also. I am ok most of the time eating small portions but every now and then, I would love to eat a little more like when my husband makes ribs. Latley I could kill for a big mac but being healthy is way better.

I must say though at 4 fills, i can't eat much of anthing but pizza goes down just fine.

What is it with pizza? ?? I live in the city of The best pizza in the world *brooklyn* and I actually live above a pizzeria, and Thats been the one food I've been trying to avoid like the plague, but it's the only food (though I have been awesome in staying away from it since my last post about the 2 slices) That goes down no problem. First fill tomorrow, and I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THE RESTRICTION BECAUSE I KNOW I ABSOLUTLY NEED IT!!!:bored:

I am so with everyone. Banded on May 26th, still on mushies for one more week (thank goodness) I am so hungry. Tonight I didn't feel like cooking for everyone so I stopped and just got TV dinners on the way home. I bought one of those little Stouffers with mashed potatoes and stuffing it was 9 oz. I ate the WHOLE thing. I immediatley thought OMG what did I do. I didn't get sick or stuck or anything. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY FIRST FILL!! But sadly he pushed it out 3 more weeks. I am sooooo bummed. That is the first time I have really screwed up, I really feel quilty.

You know it's weird, I thought I would be totally annoyed with the amount of or lack there of food getting in lol. But I'm not. I just realise that this is something I have to do, and yes I can only get a small portion in so I make sure it's the tastiest thing I can have. Just try doing it that way maybe? Don't dwell on the amount your having because it will only depress you, instead be thankful that your not on the liquid/mushie stage still and are actually enjoying food.

Good point, Sarah! I need to eat tastier food! :thumbup: