Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

324 21 year old and heading down! Hopefully!!

Hi!

I just wanted to introduce myself to eveyrone!! I am Jessika, very excited about having this surgery on the 14th. I havent been approved yet, but my doctors are moving so rapidly that I am sure everything is a go. I am glad they gave me a date. I am more and more excited as I have been reading everyones profile!! I have lost 40lbs on my own since last december and I am proud of it..this is something great that I can say I accomplished on my own. I do need to lose 120lbs still and I know I can do it, but it will be alot easier with this LapBand. I am super excited. Does anyone else have Carefirst PPO? They said that they cover it 100% but did anyone have a problem getting approved?? Also I was wondering even though I am very heavy, what do you think about my skin? My doctor says that if I do the right type of work outs my skin wont sag so bad. Is there anyone that didnt have saggin skin?

Hii !!

I am 21 years old too, I am getting the lap band on July 22nd. :( I asked my doctor about the skin issue and he said that age is definitely on our sides so it should not be too bad. A lot of things factor into sagging skin like if you had kids before, health, age, etc. There seems to be a lot of people who needed to do plastic surgery and then the same amount who are fine, I guess its just random? Anyway, good luck with the approval :biggrin:

Thanks soo much...I was thinking about doing P90X after I get the surgery done..I figure if I work out hard enough it should snap back...but seeing as I have always been fat, I am not exactly sure what it will snap back to..lol

Good luck to you. This website is an excellent tool for information and encouragement. My hightest weight ever was 368 pounds about 10 years ago. I am now 40 years old. On surgery day 1/19/07, I was 300 and today I am 220. My personal goal is around 195 & to comfortably stay below 200. The band has made a major difference in my life. You are so lucky to have it as an option at your young age.I wish it had been available when i was still in my 20's. But right now, I kinda feel as if I am at least 10 years younger so it's never too late.

Congrats on everything! I hope it all goes well for you! I saw that you wanted to do P90X and I just thought I would say go for it! :( I just completed day 5 of the program and it is kicking my butt! I am 24 and started at 325 on surgery day. I am dreading the extra skin so I wanted a high intensity workout to help tighten the skin as I lose. I am hoping that it helps. So far, it is an awesome calorie blaster! Good luck and let me know how you do!

Thank you so much for responding..I just hope everything goes awesome! I wish I could have done it earlier, but if I get it now, a year from now I know I will be happy with my body.