Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just wondering am I alone

I have read that some of you were hungry. at your band I am not I have no feeling when I am or when I have to go to the batroom.To do anything

I am also very winded I am so out of breath. I have little pain and a lot of gas. (TMI) I also have very watery bm.I have been walking but, I get so tired.Oh I forgot I had my surgery on June19th at 11:00am. I just wanted to know if any one else was having or had these symptons?

You really should contact your doctor. If you are having problems breathing you should really contact him, as this is not normal. I haven't been banded yet, but if you can't feel if you need to go to the restroom that isn't good.

Also, having watery stools would be normal because if you are only taking in fluids, then that is pretty much all that is going to come out.

Please do contact your physician. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care,

You really should contact your doctor. If you are having problems breathing you should really contact him, as this is not normal. I haven't been banded yet, but if you can't feel if you need to go to the restroom that isn't good.

Also, having watery stools would be normal because if you are only taking in fluids, then that is pretty much all that is going to come out.

Please do contact your physician. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Take care,

Yep, what she said. :(

See your doctor, right away.. Some of what you describe is normal post-surgery....some is not.

Don't mess around with it, bad things CAN happen!

HH

See your doc if your unsure as already stated. Some things sound familiar:-

1.Gas is due to the air pumped into you to raise the stomach wall, thus allowing easier access to the organs. When you are stitched up there is still a lot of air in there which will come out in burps and farts(no easy way to put it).

2.The breathing can be affected by the tighness still because of the air post op, also remember you have scar tissue and its a major op after all still.

3.Walking is good but dont try to push it take it slow. The ironic thing is the walking does help speed up the recovery but start off slow and build each week on the time duration of your walking.

Each person is different in their recovery but your not alone. Read your post operation booklets which will provide you the information on why you feel tight chested and out of breath/tired. Most of all if your not happy speak straight off with your aftercare support, who will advise you.

My first few days were very similar. I was fortunate to have a wife who went through the same thing and insisted on taking the first week and and spending it with me. So I got lots of rest, relaxation and with in 2 weeks I felt back to normal and feeling better than ever

Thank you all I will contact my DR. this morning just to doulbel check. on the breathing.

I am pretty much in the same boat as you and my post op was on 6/19 as well. Just wondering what your MD said?

I am also very winded I am so out of breath. I have little pain and a lot of gas.

I was just wondering if you are a smoker? I am, and told my Dr. before surgery - he told me if I couldn't quit, then to cut back. I too was banded on June 19th and had trouble breathing the first 2 days, but its getting easier each day.

Still, I would contact your Dr. Good Luck and keep in touch!

:( Tia

I did contact the office the nurse told me to take easy and walk but, don't try to push myself to hard the breathing did get a little better I am able to do my house stairs without getting out of breath. I still feel a little tight in my chest when I take a deep breath.My follow up appt. is today I need to write down all my questions so I won't forget.

No I am not a smoker. I did have the C-pap machine while in I was in the hospital and the nebulizer (sp) I felt like I was being treated for asthma. I will update when I get back.