Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hate this, I really do....

tough love. Sometimes the truth just hurts and is hard to swallow. On BOTH sides. but it's love just the same. If we didn't care, we wouldn't have responded. the most loving thing you can do for anyone is to tell the truth. Lies and candy coated crap doesn't help anyone.

Yes absolutely. And all the sympathy/empathy in the world wont help unless the person is willing to do whatever it takes.

For anyone who is still subscribed...

I took my word and didnt log on for a LONG time.

I wanted to thank everyone for their effort, time, and input. I am sorry for the way I responded, I was an emotional mess and I suppose I just wanted to say: "here's a doctor, he/she finances, see if he/she can take you." Or someone to say, "you should try eating this or that."

I have sense been in and out of the ER, not one time will they check my band despite my pleading and begging.

My doctor has been reported to the state medical board, but Im yet to know anything.

I finally lost 10 pounds, but I wish I had lost it healthier because as soon as I am able to eat anything Ill gain it all back because my body is in starvation mode.

I was diagnosed with low blood pressure problems and have to eat plain salt to keep myself half-way functioning since I cant hold anything down and if I do, Im in EXTREME pain afterward.

Im still looking for a doctor, Im thinking about looking around the Dallas/FW areas since I have exhausted my area and Houston to the fact that they no longer answer my phone calls at any of the offices or they answer and put me on hold until I or their automated waiting system hangs up.

I am hoping to get on health insurance soon through my dad's job because I cant afford mine at my job. I cant take out private health insurance because of my lapband :)

Im better now, and Im sorry for my prudence and craziness...I was looking for some form of easy miracle I suppose, because I was so bad off.

Im on my way there again, I havent eaten an actual meal since AUGUST...I have knick knacked on various things...but I usually dont even try until I get in from work and my daughter is in bed because I cant be a good mommy and a good employee when Im in pain and puking.

I hope to find a surgeon to take it out very soon, Im hoping that insurance comes through in the next few weeks because I am almost to the point that I will have to go back to the hospital to get more fluids. I can only manage to drink about 10oz a day of anything. I really dont know what is going on here, but I do know that I will not advocate this surgery in particular any longer. I have done a lot of research, there are a lot more statistics out since I had my band surgery. Back then there wasnt really any bad things going on because it was still fairly new...but now it surprises me...I mean it is reported that within 3 years of being banded that 80% of people will have to have theirs removed or replaced! Had I known that then, yeah, I wouldnt have done this.

I think Ive almost hit an unvolantary bulimic/anorexic point though lol! Its gotten to where everytime I look at food I either think, "EWWWWW!!! GROSSS!!!" or "Ill try to eat it, but Ill throw it up later anyway."

My teeth are seriously suffering, Im going to have to get so much dental work done after all this is over it is unreal! Ive already had 3 procedures done in the past year, and I need like 2 or 3 more.

It has gotten to where I just cough and throw up on myself, EXTREMELY embarassing. And now when I just get up to leave the table, conversation amongst others continues like I was never there to start with.

I want to be a part of society again. I used to think that being fat was terrible, that I was a freak, that I was weird.

I know realize just how "normal" I was compared to what this thing has turned me into.

Bad business.

However, once again Im sorry for my behavior. I was frantic, in a state of panic. A young single mother with no one and no feesible help whatsoever. I mean who would be in a happy go lucky mood after no food, barely any liquid, fainting spells, and the lack of medical attention lol?

Once again, Im sorry. I was wrong, and I acted franctically.

Never_Again .... I've been thinking about you for months. You are in people's prayers. We do care what happens and want life to turn around for you !

Ill stop, Im repeating myself....Im just so frustrated right now.....Im tired of puking my guts up every single day!:blink:

I suffered a slip and had to have my band replaced last week. My band was empty and it was the same thing, I threw up almost everything, couldn't drink anything cold. Even milk would sit in my stomach all day and later come out curdled into big chunks because it wouldn't pass. I was able to eat because my pouch was dilated . . . but everything came right back up.

It definitely sounds like a slip to me. You need medical attention right away. If you have insurance, even if they don't cover wls, you can get an endoscopy done with a diagnosis of acid reflux and it will be covered under almost every insurance plan. This is really one of the next steps you need to go through.

Last but not least, suppose you don't have a slip. Throwing up everyday causes your stomach to swell. It will continue to be irritated everytime you throw up. It just gets worse instead of better if you are having a regular problem. Perhaps you can go on a diet of nothing but warm liquids for a week and then try to move onto mushies and see if it is enough for some stomach swelling to go down.

My band doctor has also told me to take children's motrin for stomach swelling on a very occasional basis if I am having a problem as well. This is usually on the no-no list for bandsters so he only approves the use on a very occasional basis. Perhaps you can call your band doctor and ask how they feel about this option.

I wish you the best of luck.

Back on insurance and searching for a doctor like crazy...I had to quit my job due to the strain it was putting on my band due to stress and the fact that I was so sick all the time.

Funny thing though, the day after I quit I was able to eat a VERY little bit and hold it down and ever since then I have gradually been able to eat. food is so good lol!! I have figured out (undiagnosed for now) that I believe that I have developed a little allergy to eggs though, everytime I eat anything with a significant amount of egg or mostly composed of egg I get violently ill....

I dont mean "lapband throwing up" (Im sure all of you know that being "real" sick and lapband sick are two TOTALLY different things and feelings) and the next day the other option to get rid of toxins comes along.

I am going to have to have major dental work once I am done with all the throwing up, my molars are getting so worn down that I can actually feel the problems.

I think I finally have a light at the end of the tunnel.

I believe we are now going to hire an attorney to handle my case being as my doctor may have violated my rights as a patient.

Things are looking up...I have my bad days where I pretty much stay over the toilet or in bed, sometimes it goes on for weeks....but atleast Ive come to realize that it doesnt last forever, although I know it is going to sporadically continue until the band is removed.

Good luck to all.

I'm glad things are looking up for you, and I hope they continue that way. I wish you all the best.

Thank goodness that you are on insurance and can go to a doctor again.

It still sounds like a slip to me. You may want to go in for a barium swallow and endoscopy as soon as possible. If your insurance doesn't cover band related items, then complain of extreme acid reflux for the diagnosis and it should be covered. When you get the tests done, make sure that they give you a cd copy of the test (ask before you get the test). At least this was you can get diagnosed.